Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible to complete the adventures without spending money/gold?

Fashion Designer

Is it possible to complete the adventures without spending money/gold?

I am not trying to start a thread just to complain. I ask in earnest.

In BS and RS, goals are easy enough to finish, but I haven't been able to finish one in DS or Fantasy Story.

I just want to know if it's me or if these things can't be done.

Thanks.

Fashion Designer
    It is possible to finish the Tales without using gold, but you have to be a little bit lucky and really on top of things. You also have to know which events you can do ahead of time, to save time, and which ones you can't. I've done it multiple times, though, so it's definitely possible.

Nightclub Owner
    I think that of all the events, DTs are the only ones that I know I can for sure complete without gold. The formula stays the same so it's easy to plan out how many of each quest you need to complete the crafts and which crafts you can leave in the shop to count towards future goals. I don't consider tournaments to be an event, but they too can be completed without the use of gold.

The other events all have final numbers that are so high, it pretty much guarantees the only way to complete is with gold. This is not just us whining or complaining, the numbers have been crunched by dedicated players and it's physically impossible to reach the final numbers with regular daily playing.

Maybe, if someone was maxed out on boosts they could use them to complete the events instead of using gold. I can't say because I gave up on Bingo shortly after it started which means I have no boosts. It would be interesting to hear what avid bingo players have to say on the subject.

Fashion Designer
    Thanks. I'm glad it isn't me. I'll just play and not do those things.

I regularly finish Tales without spending gold. The battle & win goals are the hardest to beat and sometimes I resort to gold but everything else is simple if u can plan ahead.

Leaderboard milestones can be completed too without gold if you have enough food saved up. It takes a lot of luck to be able to win the top prize though.

Bingo can be won without gold too, with a fair bit of luck and a lot of preparation & hard work.
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Fashion Designer
    I can complete Dragon Tales without gold. I can complete Leaderboard without gold, though not always get to the final placing I want (I think I won one leaderboard event so far), but it is clear the winners when I play use a lot of gold.

I can usually get through the Championships in the Battle Arena without gold, though sometimes I do use Ultimate either because I am impatient or I am limited on time due to other commitments not allowing me to play as much. This past one, no gold was used.

Community/World Events I cannot complete without gold and that's the frustrating part. Maxing out everything with my configuration still leaves you about 200 points shy, so you HAVE to use gold. That's annoying.

I also play Bakery Story and I can get through those goals without gold unless time commitments previously mentioned hinder playing (which may happen this weekend).

EDIT: Also, the monthly dragon that you get through earning enough points breeding I also cannot get without gold, it is physically impossible with one nest. I do buy use of the boosted breeding roost during Community Events and ****s two birds with one stone - I need it for points during that event and it gives me enough points from breeding for the monthly goals.

Fashion Designer
    Dragon Tales is the easiest to complete without gold, but be sure to stock up on food because they take around 350k food. I recommend you check here or via google what the next steps are so you can plan ahead, especially with the quests and crafting.
    Tournaments are also fairly easy, but you need to battle as much as you can and if you don't have a champion type it's going to be much harder.
    World events are super hard to complete without gold now, I did the math and with my current setup I would have to play literally 24-7 to get everything without gold.
    Leaderboards really depend on the group you get and your luck with breeding and the wheel. They look like they were designed to make people spend gold to compete.

Rhino Keeper
    Tales can be complete with out spend money but is stressfull and (in my opinion) not worth it:

You must plan ahead.

Always check the food requirement before start because you neeed a BIG investment.
    You must start in Friday, Get the first dragon in saturday and do as many quest you can in sunday .
    You must start breeding for the new common dragon as soon as posible and keep trying until you get it .
    You must not place any decoration until there tales ask for place it (regulary one act after make it)
    You must Evolve each dragon as soon as posible to the requiered level (First Dragon to 10, Common dragon to 6, Second Dragon to 10) the first 3 nigths you must evolve First dragon to meet the level required as soon as posible an keep doing quest
    You must have as many active friends you can, the last day you need ask for some thing and you have less than 24 hours to get it (unless you ask as soon the chapter unlocks)

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by CranberryMil View Post
    Tales can be complete with out spend money but is stressfull and (in my opinion) not worth it:

You must plan ahead.

Always check the food requirement before start because you neeed a BIG investment.
    You must start in Friday, Get the first dragon in saturday and do as many quest you can in sunday .
    You must start breeding for the new common dragon as soon as posible and keep trying until you get it .
    You must not place any decoration until there tales ask for place it (regulary one act after make it)
    You must Evolve each dragon as soon as posible to the requiered level (First Dragon to 10, Common dragon to 6, Second Dragon to 10) the first 3 nigths you must evolve First dragon to meet the level required as soon as posible an keep doing quest
    You must have as many active friends you can, the last day you need ask for some thing and you have less than 24 hours to get it (unless you ask as soon the chapter unlocks)
    This is great advice! I just want to add that depending on your player level, you will need to raise the first dragon to level 14, the second to level 12 and the common to level 6, instead of both to 10.
    Great tip on not taking the decor out of the spell shop until prompted - otherwise you'll need to craft it again.

Rhino Keeper
    Agree with what has been said. Dragon Tales can be concluded without spending gold if you are lucky and have lots of time to play. I've done so myself several times, other times I had to spend small amounts of gold to move on past challenges I was stuck at.

Community/world events I used to be able to complete without using gold, but not since the new format. Since the new format, I barely reach the first dragon and struggle to reach the community prizes.
    In Leaderboards, I hardly ever get to the final one or two milestones. When I have lots of time to play and am relatively lucky with spins, I get to the 3rd to last milestone. I need great luck with the spins or an insane amount of gold to get to the last two dragons. For the prize dragon, you have to be kind of lucky as well, I've managed to win several prize dragons despite not topping 5500 points, I guess I was lucky with the groups I was put in.

So in short: DT - yes, LB - most often not, WE - I don't think it's possible.

For the record, I have 7 farms, 3 nests, 1 evo temple and 1 breeding den.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast