Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Energy drops from daily alicons

Rhino Keeper
    Just now seeing this thread for the first time... but this is definitely something I have noticed for a while now. My weekly Alicorns have given me 100 energy in ages now. Definitely some muck about in the mud goings on. The tampering with of drop rates should be illegal. And I’ve been playing long enough that I know they’ve changed for sure.
    ***Storm8 PLEASE change the footprint of the Shadow Lynx to 2X1 just like the Flygers & Direwolves.***

Executive Chef
    For players interested in buying Alis/Dalies.. here's an old thread with drop info.
    some on Black Friday Sales are included in the observation.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

My Glimmer Egg Ali gave me 100 a few days ago. One of my two Wedding Ali's gave me 100 last week.

My Witch Alicolt gives me 5 about every other month.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by wishtheywerereal View Post
    Tracking all my daily alis and will do so for two weeks, not enough data to come to form conclusions either in the data coming or here. It seems the lower level of just 2 (outrageous!!) has been fixed, yes?

We know from people posting their experience of events that randomness can hit hard. Some people get far less from, say, the troll camp or gumdrop bushes or adventures or wee chests than others during events. Those events last typically two weeks.

Small sample sizes will always yield extreme differences; it is like eating a stew. The other night, we had, you guessed it, stew. There was no meat at all in mine, but a bit more cauliflower (slightly overcooked). : ) There was no bias or conspiracy, just the luck o the ladle. ; ) When a small town has a very high rate of cancer or a very low one, don't look first to see what is in the water (Eric Brokovitch notwithstanding) but to sample size bias. As the saying goes in the medical world, when you hear hooves, think horses, not zebras. It delays diagnosis for some but speeds it up for the majority.

Of course, zebras and contaminated water and fiddling with the ladle in the stew do happen. It seems to have happened here - alis should NEVER drop only two energies!! That wasn't a sample size issue!! Very glad that is fixed!!

If you want to explore these and other fascinating (to me, anyway!) cognitive biases see Thinking Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman. The book is a hefty 500 odd pages but well worth the read if the topic of good decision making is interesting to you (and who can't do with better decision making?). : ) There are also several white board presentations on youtube and various shortcut type summaries, but the stories in the longer version are what really makes the concepts stick.

I will be part of getting a survey of some sort out to people on energy use; my PhD is NOT in clever forum tech use!! I love this game and the community.

MWAH (if you want one) and hugs (ditto) and thanks to you all!! : )
    I don' t know that you would be able to call it "fixed" considering there was never actually any problem in s8's view. In February of last year, s8 released the first ever energy animal that had a minimum of 2 energy (it had always been 4 before) and they have released several more over the last year. This was done intentionally and those items remain that way to this day, their energy drops have never been altered.

Moon and I wanted to see if the animals that had a lower minimum amount of energy really were as awful for our realms as they seemed. In the end, their averages aren't that much worse than the original energy droppers that have a minimum of 4 so it's not really that much of a difference. I happily purchased a few more of the lower minimum Alis when they were discounted for half price. After all, when it comes to energy drops you have just as much of a chance to get 100 from one of these new animals as you do the old. Random is random no matter how you slice it.

Energy drops w/ minimum of 2:
    - Cupid Troll
    - Sweet Tooth Alicorn
    - Pastel Alicorn
    - Candy (Corn) Alicorn
    - Plushie Couple
    - Solar Kitsunecorn
    - Spring Steed
    - Spring Unicorn
    - Shadow Wolf
    Last edited by AnnirasSweets; 02-19-19 at 03:30 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234