View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this event?

Voters
349. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

36 10.32%
  • Neutral

73 20.92%
  • Disagree

193 55.30%
  • I did not participate

6 1.72%
  • I completed the whole event

156 44.70%
  • I stopped at the garden bench craft

2 0.57%
  • I stopped at the knight topiary craft

12 3.44%
  • I stopped at the spring fountain craft

64 18.34%
  • There were way too many Garlands required!

313 89.68%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 33 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 05/03: Freshening up with Florals event + more! | see page 1 for details

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by CharmOfLea View Post
    What do you suggest S8 should do? These guys got their 99 fair and square. Let them be.
    I feel bad for those trying to build their herd ( a blessing ) of Ali's and unicorns now , Cuz of the new energy drop of 2 not fair not really for the newbies and lower levels

Attachment 44202

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by CharmOfLea View Post
    Yeah, I know how that feels, but don?t worry, S8 knows about the many weekly alis. They made it possible. Nothing *these guys* post or don?t will change S8?s perception and hurt you.

Plus, for years, it?s been *these guys* who went ahead and brought back the next steps of the events, so lower level ppl like me even had a chance to complete.

The higher requirements balance things out more for ppl like me now towards lower levels. Which is how it should be. But there?s no unlimited energy here, just once a day I get to collect what I want and not what I have to. Plus, when I was lower level, daily alis didn?t even exist and weren?t an option. Which was the first one, does anyone remember?
    The first Daily Alicorn was Pink Alicorn.. then followed by the Wedding one.
    Sorry SW for off topics.. but this event is so 'repetitive' I guess we need to think of something else while crafting.. lol!
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by fish63 View Post
    Spirtwind, how did you get 5 gold mines? I have two and thought that was the limit!
    limit is 5.. those that have more it's because max cap had not been placed.. yet!
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by federerGOAT View Post
    The art work has been very nice lately.
    But have to say, the knight topiary is one big UGLY thing!

Yes, it needs to be bolded and in caps. That's how ugly it is.
    As soon as I finished crafting the first one.. I was so frightened when I placed it. The first thing that came into my mind was a 'JONKANOO' and believe me they are CREEPY! google the word.. I mean the Jamaican ones. The only thing missing are the rags hanging off and shaking but same idea with the green bush.
    run and hide and don't come out till they're gone!
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Rhino Keeper
    WOW those are some high numbers #s!!! After weekend warrior, I thought I was in a pretty good place. I had 999 lilies, over 450 roses, and about 40 scented petals. Now I realize im not even close on those petals, and even the other stuff may not be enough depending on how much stuff the next few levels require!

Quote Originally Posted by MoonVillage3 View Post
    Sorry SW for off topics.. but this event is so 'repetitive' I guess we need to think of something else while crafting.. lol!
    Ah, thanks. That’s what I thought. I was already 50 at that point. So everybody who is under 50 now and has even 1 daily has an advantage compared to all oldies who had to reach 50 with 0 daily and 0 weekly alis.
    Happy about new neighbors, just say you?re from the forum. I recently went from 275 down to 77. I get that ppl give up on CS.

CharmOfLea is an ancient gamer?s account, holla if you stormed me on GOW.

Fashion Designer
    I thought the topiaries were kinda cute, but then again, I play zoomed out, lol. Turn them backward - they have "long hair" made of roses. Turn them facing each other - also okay with me.

(I apologize for contributing to the Ali resentment - it started when reading the posts last month from people saving up 1400 energy. Some of us playing with 40 felt like peasants. Yes, you guys paid your dues (and real-world money!) and deserve it. Only it feels like dropping in to dinner with the Rockefellers and Vanderbilts who made their fortunes back when times were different, lol. Modern Ali's are not the same producers, it seems - I don't have one yet, so I don't know, lol! And that's just life - if they gave them to everyone it would imbalance the game. In real life, if everyone in the world received $1000 worth of gold tomorrow, we wouldn't all be rich - the value would drop to nothing. I'm grateful that Weekend Warrior gives me a chance to keep up!)
    Last edited by Lavenderdale; 05-06-18 at 11:41 AM. Reason: note about producing

Farm Supplier
    And you are blessed indeed! I love visiting neighbors with lots of Alicorns its such a happy place! That's where I would like to be with a blessing of Alicorns!

Quote Originally Posted by sarahmarah888 View Post
    i'm also new.sure,daily allis are OK because players are working hard to get them-doing events,collecting gems,spending real money,etc. sure,new players cannot be equal to the older because of time they already spend on game,it's how it works always every single game,it should be so!. but...
    i was super curious how it looks like with love shack if i'll involve math in it. so:
    average player:
    monday-friday 8h sleep 8 hours school/work 8 hours rest
    variant a) 5xharvest=200 energy variant b) 6xharvest=240 energy
    saturday,sunday 8xharvest=320 energy
    whole week variant a) 200*5 + 320*2= 1640 energy
    whole week variant b) 240*5 + 320*2= 1840 energy
    players with love shack COULD have max 99 alis,99x40=3960 extra energy in a week, 3960/40=565,71 extra energy in a day
    whole week ali player variant a) 1640+3960=5600 energy
    whole week ali player variant ) 1840+3960=5800 energy
    a)5600/1640=3,41
    b)5800/1840=3,15
    such difference. how could it be equal for players with allis and without?and why is S8 doing nothing with it?

i have lower requirements this event,but i'm already 31 lvl so i'm afraid in nearly future i'll have to spend whole game playing CS in order to finish an event because i have no alis,but for S8 in order to my high lvl i'll have to have high requirements.
    Unfortunately, it can never be equal. For that to have happened we would have all had to start playing at the exact same time, achieved all the same goals, and spent (or not spent), exactly the same amount on the game.

Players who have been around longer than me can correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t believe it was S8 who gave players the Love Shack. There was a different company running the game back then. S8 actually has provided a type of solution. They are now offering the weekend warrior, which is free unlimited energy, most older players never had unlimited energy ever until a few months ago when it started being available for purchase in bundles. Plus, we are all welcome to purchase as many weekly alicorns as we’d like to, using gems. (up to 99 that is)

I personally can’t afford that, but I can tell you from experience that once you’ve been higher level for a while, energy requirements change dramatically depending on your style of play. For example, I rarely harvest crops anymore unless a goal calls for it, and the same with collecting petals from multiple flowers. Eventually they just aren’t needed anymore. Plus prizes from all these events add additional sources for multiple drops, which makes collecting materials using less energy possible. (The new guard dogs that come with the new walker (Knight) actually drop simple and hearty feasts fairly consistently. That eliminates a lot of collecting right there.) It feels like you’ll never reach that point of needing less energy, but it does happen.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonVillage3 View Post
    So true! I’ve read the thread, and although we are somewhat off topic (although energy and its sources are necessary for this event) there haven’t been any questions or tips concerning the actual event for quite a while. There’s really nothing to discuss...chop trees, chop rocks, pick orchids, make bouquets. Rinse, repeat, repeat, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by katbtodd View Post
    I feel bad for those trying to build their herd ( a blessing ) of Ali's and unicorns now , Cuz of the new energy drop of 2 not fair not really for the newbies and lower levels

Attachment 44202
    I’ve been saying this since Sweet Tooth and Cupid. A minimum of 2 energy per day is an insult, considering the gem price and/or quest requirements to obtain them is equal to or greater than it was for the older ones. Players just starting out will need twice as many daily Alis and twice as much real estate to get energy comparable to the older dailies. If I’m calling anything unfair in this game, that is definitely it! I can’t believe that extra 2-3 energy per day is really harming the games economy. Especially considering how energy intense all the quests are becoming.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCupOButter View Post
    Unfortunately, it can never be equal. For that to have happened we would have all had to start playing at the exact same time, achieved all the same goals, and spent (or not spent), exactly the same amount on the game.

Players who have been around longer than me can correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t believe it was S8 who gave players the Love Shack. There was a different company running the game back then. S8 actually has provided a type of solution. They are now offering the weekend warrior, which is free unlimited energy, most older players never had unlimited energy ever until a few months ago when it started being available for purchase in bundles. Plus, we are all welcome to purchase as many weekly alicorns as we’d like to, using gems. (up to 99 that is)

I personally can’t afford that, but I can tell you from experience that once you’ve been higher level for a while, energy requirements change dramatically depending on your style of play. For example, I rarely harvest crops anymore unless a goal calls for it, and the same with collecting petals from multiple flowers. Eventually they just aren’t needed anymore. Plus prizes from all these events add additional sources for multiple drops, which makes collecting materials using less energy possible. (The new guard dogs that come with the new walker (Knight) actually drop simple and hearty feasts fairly consistently. That eliminates a lot of collecting right there.) It feels like you’ll never reach that point of needing less energy, but it does happen.

So true! I’ve read the thread, and although we are somewhat off topic (although energy and its sources are necessary for this event) there haven’t been any questions or tips concerning the actual event for quite a while. There’s really nothing to discuss...chop trees, chop rocks, pick orchids, make bouquets. Rinse, repeat, repeat, repeat.

I’ve been saying this since Sweet Tooth and Cupid. A minimum of 2 energy per day is an insult, considering the gem price and/or quest requirements to obtain them is equal to or greater than it was for the older ones. Players just starting out will need twice as many daily Alis and twice as much real estate to get energy comparable to the older dailies. If I’m calling anything unfair in this game, that is definitely it! I can’t believe that extra 2-3 energy per day is really harming the games economy. Especially considering how energy intense all the quests are becoming.
    My theory is they want us to buy it in their value package ,
    To my all the new events we have to use so much energy
    Like chopping the rock to get the wild rose ,I might get 2 or3 per 20 chops but the trees give me a lot of the lily
    And the requirement are outrageous
    And 15 hits with the skunkie and hardly any return