View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this event?

Voters
349. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

36 10.32%
  • Neutral

73 20.92%
  • Disagree

193 55.30%
  • I did not participate

6 1.72%
  • I completed the whole event

156 44.70%
  • I stopped at the garden bench craft

2 0.57%
  • I stopped at the knight topiary craft

12 3.44%
  • I stopped at the spring fountain craft

64 18.34%
  • There were way too many Garlands required!

313 89.68%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 32 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 05/03: Freshening up with Florals event + more! | see page 1 for details

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by podunkiana View Post
    All you guys with fields of Alicorns really hurt the regular guy.. S8 thinks everyone has bottomless energy.. kinda sad
    We,will,get blamed for,being complainers. But imho S8,has totally forgot about the 35 to 45 player. And the post Love Shack players according to S8 can pound sand. But the Love Shack still lives
    Off topic. Please remove as quick as you dont care to but have to cause you have to
    Just some words of encouragement..
    I'm sure the Weekend Warrior energy was dedicated to such players without much energy resources, and, they should organize collecting all basic materials bashing and pounding just ready for crafting.
    Those guys with fields of Alicorns/D'alicorns, once upon a time.. were lower levels too with none. Only after years of dedicated play.. planning each hour of an event, investing also, they built up their flock.
    I don't have the Love Shack, but not because I was not playing at the time.. it's, I like you, at that moment of play.. having a weak kingdom.. couldn't and didn't finish the event. Certainly I felt bad, but concentrated on building up my kingdom to be stronger and stronger, hoarding everything, filling inventory and plodding on.
    Don't feel bad about it 'cause if you hang on.. one day you'll be strong too after such effort. Hard work and passion always repays.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

I am reaching the point where I have to stop looking ahead at the requirements to avoid getting discouraged. As it is, I am already thoroughly sick of fighting skunkupines, and making bouquets and garlands, and all I am seeing for the rest of the steps, is more of the same. Sigh.
    This is the same formula as the warrior event a few weeks ago and this type of event becomes extremely tedious very quickly. For me, the tasks are not difficult, just incredibly boring.

Edited to add……… I finally have the topiaries crafting. And I’ve already reserved their places in the cellar.
    I thought I was wise to use a rune boost for the bouquets, but I have realized that I forget to check in at 1/2-1 hour just as easily as I forget to check in at 1-2 hours. I can remember a time when setting alarms was not necessary, because I would never forget to check in. Yawn.

On the bright side, I am rediscovering life outside of CS Land. And that is a good thing!
    Last edited by PrincessCupOButter; 05-06-18 at 09:29 AM.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

All you guys with fields of Alicorns really hurt the regular guy.. S8 thinks everyone has bottomless energy.. kinda sad
    We,will,get blamed for,being complainers. But imho S8,has totally forgot about the 35 to 45 player. And the post Love Shack players according to S8 can pound sand. But the Love Shack still lives

Off topic. Please remove as quick as you dont care to but have to cause you have to
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonVillage3 View Post
    I'm sure the Weekend Warrior energy was dedicated to such players without much energy resources, and, they should organize collecting all basic materials bashing and pounding just ready for crafting.
    Those guys with fields of Alicorns/D'alicorns, once upon a time.. were lower levels too with none. Only after years of dedicated play.. planning each hour of an event, investing also, they built up their flock.
    I don't have the Love Shack, but not because I was not playing at the time.. it's, I like you, at that moment of play.. having a weak kingdom.. couldn't and didn't finish the event. Certainly I felt bad, but concentrated on building up my kingdom to be stronger and stronger, hoarding everything, filling inventory and plodding on.
    Don't feel bad about it 'cause if you hang on.. one day you'll be strong too after such effort. Hard work and passion always repays.
    I agree! I am a post love shack player who does not have fields of Alis, but after several years of play, I have acquired enough of them to be comfortable energy-wise. Blaming a long term player for having more resources than a newer player is like blaming a college graduate for having more knowledge than a high school freshman. (And unfortunately, none of us can control, or even really influence, what S8 decides to do. if we could, the game would be VERY different indeed.)

Thanks Moon, for your calm, understanding and sensitive words of encouragement. Much better (and less caustic) than the ones I typed and deleted.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Quote Originally Posted by MoonVillage3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCupOButter View Post
    I agree! I am a post love shack player who does not have fields of Alis, but after several years of play, I have acquired enough of them to be comfortable energy-wise. Blaming a long term player for having more resources than a newer player is like blaming a college graduate for having more knowledge than a high school freshman. (And unfortunately, none of us can control, or even really influence, what S8 decides to do. if we could, the game would be VERY different indeed.)

Thanks Moon, for your calm, understanding and sensitive words of encouragement. Much better (and less caustic) than the ones I typed and deleted.
    You guys both know, since we're neighbors, I'm one of those field of Ali's players. As Moon stated, I worked hard over the last 5 1/2 years to get where I am today. But....I'm also one of the players whose been asking S8 for years to play fair & allow other players a chance to build the Love Shack from Valentine's 2013 too.

Sorry...SW.. I know we're off topic here but felt I had to answer since I'm one of *those* players...lol.

To stay on topic: The constantly crafting of the same 2 or 3 things over & over & over again becomes drudgery & just plain monotonous, S8. I know you can change it up a bit between those goals. It's really easy to just use the same template all the time but can you please just give us a break once after something like goal 7 & throw in a different step that doesn't require crafting all the same items - just to make it interesting again. Even just visiting a few of our citizens or town buildings - Old Thomas', Sabina's, a jeweler's or cottage once or twice. You get the idea. It's at least a break from constant crafting until the next exhaustive go round of crafting. S8, CS is in one big rut & you can make it more fun & interesting with just a bit of change here & there.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCupOButter View Post
    I am reaching the point where I have to stop looking ahead at the requirements to avoid getting discouraged. As it is, I am already thoroughly sick of fighting skunkupines, and making bouquets and garlands, and all I am seeing for the rest of the steps, is more of the same. Sigh.
    This is the same formula as the warrior event a few weeks ago and this type of event becomes extremely tedious very quickly. For me, the tasks not difficult, just incredibly boring.
    Unfortunately I agree with your feelings. For me, these events lately are sort of numbing my mind and even the adorable artwork and funny story line can't make up for the insanely boring bits in between.

I realized a few events back that my continual obsessing about the numbers needed in my kingdom were making events (that are already tiresome) practically unbearable for me and my sanity. I'm trying to just focus on the task in front of me compared to before where I would collect all of one item needed for the entire event before moving on to the next. Now, I do a quick peek to see if I need to get anything out of storage beforehand but when I see all the lovely charts and posts listing exact numbers needed, I let my eyes skim over the actual figures. I still have take a moment to appreciate the poster's dedication and time spent compiling numbers, though. Nothing makes me happier than organization!

Quote Originally Posted by Lavenderdale View Post
    I feel the same way podunkiana. I started in March and have 0 energy droppers aside from wizard's guild. (I didn't go for the alicorn that month because I didn't even KNOW about energy droppers, lol).
    I guess if we want to be mean we could say that the higher requirements for high levels are a balance against their unlimited energy ... but I don't think they really are? And of course, not all high levels have been around since the Olden Days of big droppers.

Yeah, I know how that feels, but don?t worry, S8 knows about the many weekly alis. They made it possible. Nothing *these guys* post or don?t will change S8?s perception and hurt you.

Plus, for years, it?s been *these guys* who went ahead and brought back the next steps of the events, so lower level ppl like me even had a chance to complete.

The higher requirements balance things out more for ppl like me now towards lower levels. Which is how it should be. But there?s no unlimited energy here, just once a day I get to collect what I want and not what I have to. Plus, when I was lower level, daily alis didn?t even exist and weren?t an option. Which was the first one, does anyone remember?
    Happy about new neighbors, just say you?re from the forum. I recently went from 275 down to 77. I get that ppl give up on CS.

CharmOfLea is an ancient gamer?s account, holla if you stormed me on GOW.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by nateryd View Post
    I keep crafting things in my workshops for this event, only to come back later and find that the game reset somehow while closed and undid my crafts. It’s gettin irritating because it keeps happening over and over again... even though I check 10 minutes later and it’s still crafting, it’s not an hour or two later.

Anyone else??
    Yes, this has happened to me, but only 3 times so far.

Fashion Designer
    Spirtwind, how did you get 5 gold mines? I have two and thought that was the limit!

i'm also new.sure,daily allis are OK because players are working hard to get them-doing events,collecting gems,spending real money,etc. sure,new players cannot be equal to the older because of time they already spend on game,it's how it works always every single game,it should be so!. but...
    i was super curious how it looks like with love shack if i'll involve math in it. so:
    average player:
    monday-friday 8h sleep 8 hours school/work 8 hours rest
    variant a) 5xharvest=200 energy variant b) 6xharvest=240 energy
    saturday,sunday 8xharvest=320 energy
    whole week variant a) 200*5 + 320*2= 1640 energy
    whole week variant b) 240*5 + 320*2= 1840 energy
    players with love shack COULD have max 99 alis,99x40=3960 extra energy in a week, 3960/40=565,71 extra energy in a day
    whole week ali player variant a) 1640+3960=5600 energy
    whole week ali player variant ) 1840+3960=5800 energy
    a)5600/1640=3,41
    b)5800/1840=3,15
    such difference. how could it be equal for players with allis and without?and why is S8 doing nothing with it?

i have lower requirements this event,but i'm already 31 lvl so i'm afraid in nearly future i'll have to spend whole game playing CS in order to finish an event because i have no alis,but for S8 in order to my high lvl i'll have to have high requirements.
    ID:sarahmarah888
    lvl 40

What do you suggest S8 should do? These guys got their 99 fair and square. Let them be.
    Happy about new neighbors, just say you?re from the forum. I recently went from 275 down to 77. I get that ppl give up on CS.

CharmOfLea is an ancient gamer?s account, holla if you stormed me on GOW.