View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this event?

Voters
349. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

36 10.32%
  • Neutral

73 20.92%
  • Disagree

193 55.30%
  • I did not participate

6 1.72%
  • I completed the whole event

156 44.70%
  • I stopped at the garden bench craft

2 0.57%
  • I stopped at the knight topiary craft

12 3.44%
  • I stopped at the spring fountain craft

64 18.34%
  • There were way too many Garlands required!

313 89.68%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 67 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 05/03: Freshening up with Florals event + more! | see page 1 for details

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieGirl9 View Post
    I got energy from my spring steed this morning.
    So far, it's doing as well as many of the recent alicorns that sold for more than a hundred gems and return 2 energy.
    So far that's all I gotten is 2 energies i have collected from her 5 or,6 times already ,I wish I left her small she was so cute and didn't break my heart as she does now as she drops 2 energy what a shame s/8 treats us this way ..thinking this event about to break the camels back its only getting worse no better

Fashion Designer
    First of all I'd like to send many thanks to SpiritWind, ShibuyaCloth, and all the others for their contributions to the forum threads. The information as well as the humor in posting are a valuable part of playing CS. Having a heads up is so much better than playing blind to upcoming steps. When this event started, it looked like a good one. As usual the art work is very good and the early stages went well. Topiary knights not that attractive but storage is unlimited. Fountains are gorgeous, but why two when space is such a premium. Spring skunkupea crafted the first day never dropped a daisy but I probably would have been OK with Rocket. BUT the number of garlands need for step 10 was way too much. While working on the fountains, I looked ahead at the numbers and the TIME of crafting needed and decided that it was time to stop. I collected the crowns for step 9 and made sure I had of souvenir of each of the bouquets and the garland. Could I have finished? Probably with timers and constant checking in; but as much as I would have liked the horse, it was just TOO MUCH. I am now dealing with a husband with Alzheimer's and I don't need pressure in what should be a relaxing getaway. As a long time player (Feb. 2013) this is the first time I've stopped an event that I wanted to finish. There have been a few in the past that I chose not to do. I do appreciate all the work need to code these events, but it does seem that in the rush to do back to back events that rerunning the mindless chopping and crafting of the same items has taken over. I have noticed that the latest events call for NEW items only, nothing from what many of us have plenty in store. I do realize it's probably to keep the game more even for lower level players, but using stuff from storage could make things more interesting. AND the final prize needs to have more value than another horse that usually drops only TWO energy. The usual four energy of previous ones, Wedding Ali, Valentine Alis, and others has been bad enough.

Quote Originally Posted by katbtodd View Post
    So far that's all I gotten is 2 energies i have collected from her 5 or,6 times already ,I wish I left her small she was so cute and didn't break my heart as she does now as she drops 2 energy what a shame s/8 treats us this way ..thinking this event about to break the camels back its only getting worse no better
    I just got her, she’s cute indeed. First I thought, oh new horse animation, but then I remembered seeing her at your place and she’s not moving like that any more. I guess, I won’t let her grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    I put the poll up 1 day earlier than normal bc I haven't had time to do one the last couple of events. I know lots of players want to vote. Sorry if I scared you! (And anyone else) I'm still on no 10 too. I thought I was done with flowers but no. Still going!
    Indeed you spooked me there for a second. I was reading up, refresh the page and boom. It?s all good now. Hope you get your baby steed soon.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonVillage3 View Post
    Honestly I've never seen a Golem spawn while chopping rocks.. neither elsewhere. They disappeared after the last Monster Hunt. All others I see eventually.. and strangely a Naga from one of the Dragons.
    That's a good example of how random the spawn rate is--I've been getting golems consistently this entire event while chopping rocks. It's been a pain in the butt!

I don't know if I'll finish...and this is AFTER I bought the sale bundle at the beginning for materials and completed the Weekend Warrior. I have a handful of daily and weekly alicorns, but I just don't think it's going to be enough. I'm still stuck making enchanted bouquets, so probably not. I don't mind the chop-chop-chop events, since it gives me a chance to make a lot of different beams and blocks, but I really didn't like having to make TWO topiaries and TWO fountains. What a waste of resources! I might use a fountain, but never both at once, and I don't really like the topiary knight.

C'mon, S8! Give us a little more variety--they're kinda all the same event. You should do an event where you finish steps to collect parts to complete leveling up past event decorations. I'd be more excited about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eilonthay View Post
    That's a good example of how random the spawn rate is--I've been getting golems consistently this entire event while chopping rocks. It's been a pain in the butt!

I don't know if I'll finish...and this is AFTER I bought the sale bundle at the beginning for materials and completed the Weekend Warrior. I have a handful of daily and weekly alicorns, but I just don't think it's going to be enough. I'm still stuck making enchanted bouquets, so probably not. I don't mind the chop-chop-chop events, since it gives me a chance to make a lot of different beams and blocks, but I really didn't like having to make TWO topiaries and TWO fountains. What a waste of resources! I might use a fountain, but never both at once, and I don't really like the topiary knight.

C'mon, S8! Give us a little more variety--they're kinda all the same event. You should do an event where you finish steps to collect parts to complete leveling up past event decorations. I'd be more excited about that.
    This one was ROUGH! I am disabled, so I play every day. Granted, I had a bad flare during the event so I had a few days that I didn't play as much, but still. I bought the flower shop, baby rocket, and a prize pack and am still barely finishing. I liked the concept of the event and didn't mind doing some of the work, but found it to be a bit excessive.
    Play in my Queendom everyday, but newer to the forum! Would love to make some friends who are active in the forum!

Host(ess)
    For some reason, this one got away from me. I'm level 50 with 30 Ali's. But there's no way I'm able to complete these tasks. Not if I want to sleep AND go to work every day.

Fashion Designer
    I got 5 energy from the steed. Looking forward to more 2 energy collections. I am sure this was a fluke, from what I have read.
    Stopped playing DS because of LB.

Executive Chef
    I am level 50, 2 dailies, a level 4 wizard school, 3 unicorns and 2 dailies (all earned). I was able to finish last night with no gems or runes. It was a slog. Once I hit goal 10, I spawned a skunk from the tree, chopped a rock outcropping, then chopped trees, skunks or collected from the flowers (and rocket) until I had all the roses and orchids (from flowers). Once I had all of these items I concentrated solely on trees and skunks (for most of the 5 days I was on the goal) until I had the 68 scented petals.

I have so many extra lilies (or whatever it was from trees) it's not even funny. I could have ended about 12-24 hours earlier but sometimes I'd wake up and know I needed to collect from my workshop but was so tired (because it was 3am) that I'd fall asleep instead.

I really don't understand the end of the story. It just sort of petered out or went off the rails. Is the baron walking around with flowers now, is he cured, was the mama skunk angry when Ivy didn't return her baby or really just wanted Ivy to raise the baby differently, are a horse and a skunk really good companions? So many questions, so confused and so bored from the last 8 days of the event, I only cleared my kingdom twice today. It's been 12 hours since I've opened the game. And I still have a lot of story to finish. I just met the blythewood faeries and still haven't finished sister sister

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by CharmOfLea View Post
    Oh, ok, SW, I?m officially and unexpectedly triggered. I?m trying to keep up the spirit here. EHEHEHE. Poll is already up and I?m still on 10. OMG, I?ve been on 10 forever and it?s not over. 1 enchanted bouquet to go, 0 garlands in storage. With that random Thomas spawn I just read about, I?m not sure this will work out.

All this for a 2-energy horse, right? Right.
    Don't give up hope. I did get the enraged skunkupine the next time. Maybe my experience was unusual. At least I hope so for everyone trying to finish. The last three goals go pretty quickly if you have the flowers you need.
    Kingdom is Nancelot. I play regularly and try to be very swift to respond to requests.