View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this event?

Voters
349. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

36 10.32%
  • Neutral

73 20.92%
  • Disagree

193 55.30%
  • I did not participate

6 1.72%
  • I completed the whole event

156 44.70%
  • I stopped at the garden bench craft

2 0.57%
  • I stopped at the knight topiary craft

12 3.44%
  • I stopped at the spring fountain craft

64 18.34%
  • There were way too many Garlands required!

313 89.68%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 30 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 05/03: Freshening up with Florals event + more! | see page 1 for details

Farm Supplier
    Up to goal #10

Gotta **** 96 more of those little skunk buggers between goal 9 and goal 10. That's more energy than I can muster with 7-10 energy just to get a monster... And more than half the time it's a fangbeast, dire boar or golem. Go thru 40 energy and end up with 1 single scented petal. To me that is close to 4,000 energy for 96 scented petals I need... And still more goals to come..

Farm Supplier
    Mistycarrie, thank you for the info. I sent you a neighbor request (EarthWispVille).

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavenderdale View Post
    I agree with Anaboe, the limiting factor will be time. Not just because of collecting wild orchids from pots, or having enough energy - it's because of the time in the workshops to assemble bouquets and garlands, etc. And remember, Storm8 also called out the Magic Forge in the Featured list, so there's something yet to see for that, as well.

Please, someone, anyone, check my assumptions and math. I promise you I can't be trusted, lol.

Assessment of Totals needed for Goal 10
    (interim: 4 Spring Water for one enchanted bouquet: 20 water, 4 orchids, 16 lilies)
    16 Spring Water: 80 water, 16 orchids, 64 lilies
    (reminder: 1 garland: 24 lilies, 8 orchids, 8 roses (made into 4 bouquets) and 2 Scented Petals.)
    16 garlands: 384 lilies, 128 orchids, 128 roses (made into 64 bouquets) and 32 scented petals.
    12 Tiny Daisies

NET NEEDED FOR GOAL 10, 4 Enchanted Bouquets is:
    144 Wild Orchids
    448 Wild Lilies
    128 Wild Roses
    32 Scented Petals
    12 Tiny Daisies
    Plus 80 water

Light under the tunnel: a second weekend warrior next Friday? I gathered 450 lilies and a goodly amount of roses last night. Fighting monsters are a poor use of unlimited energy because they are so time consuming, but if we can get them done during the week ...

I don't even want to sum up the totals from steps 7, 9 and 10 into one total here. And we still don't know what might be in later steps. Seeing that kind of number was why I quit the moothraki event right away, lol. I could see that I didn't have the time or coins to do that one. Although I envy y'all the cannons, lol.

And I'm starting to question this one. If I'm getting a Spring Steed that only has a CHANCE of dropping energy, which might just be ... two? I don't think this is gonna turn out "worth it."

EDIT: assessments for steps 7 and 9 https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...=1#post1513322
    I totally agree with you. The number of items needed is what made me quit the Moothraki-event right away. I'm still on step 7, with 1 Tropriairy Knight, so I stull have lots and lots to do.

It's not about energy, or materials. Thanks to a lot of Ali's, and good use of the Weekend Warrior, I have over 1.600 energie, and enough Wild Lillies and Wild Roses to make it to step 10 atleast, and no shortage in Wild Orchids or Scented Petals, due to decent drops, but I do need te set my alarm every hour or 2 hour, and I really don't like that.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by podunkiana View Post
    All you guys with fields of Alicorns really hurt the regular guy.. S8 thinks everyone has bottomless energy.. kinda sad
    Please, don't look at us. Look at S8. We're not the bad guys here. For me, I'ver never spent any money on this game, to me it's the greatest fun to finish everything without spending gems or money. But I've been playing for years, carefully planning event after event.
    It's not my fault others didn't or that S8 is unfair.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by podunkiana View Post
    All you guys with fields of Alicorns really hurt the regular guy.. S8 thinks everyone has bottomless energy.. kinda sad
    I?ve only ever earnt my Ali?s through game play, I have 1 40+ energy giving weekly animal per day plus just got the Armoured Direwolf which appears to give various amounts. Plus a variety of daily Ali?s. I didn?t have one of any of the above until the Wedding of Thurston and Sabrina when I got my first through the event. The rest have been earnt by going on adventures daily and earning gems, trading for gems, throwing cabbages at the Baron or watching videos. I waited until I?d purchased all gems items In the market before saving the gems for the Ali?s. I?ve been playing for 4 years now. We can all play or pay how we wish. Even I haven?t finished all of these events. Either by choice or not enough time.

Rhino Keeper
    Though don?t want to promote spending cash...
    (normally packs have at least 1 item that is easy to get/don?t need as much)
    Think this time the Value Pack is really worth it to get a slight edge on game:
    If only for Wild Orchids... & getting Scented Petals
    The 10 Skunkupea Traps which give a guaranteed 10 scented petals
    Saves energy chopping for random Skunkupea
    Use the 80 Energy to chop Traps & rest to chop more rocks/trees & possibly more Skunkupeas
    Last edited by kolakid2; 05-06-18 at 02:59 AM.

Executive Chef
    Are the Enchanted Bouqets decoration? Or are they usefull? Or just material in your cellar?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyoooz View Post
    Up to goal #10

Gotta **** 96 more of those little skunk buggers between goal 9 and goal 10. That's more energy than I can muster with 7-10 energy just to get a monster... And more than half the time it's a fangbeast, dire boar or golem. Go thru 40 energy and end up with 1 single scented petal. To me that is close to 4,000 energy for 96 scented petals I need... And still more goals to come..
    Those events are always very energy hungry. I think in average you need 20 energy per Scented Petals, many other materials comes for free when hunting Skunks. And you need to dedicated to 100% your workshops to craft the goodies, that will be the major issue. Well this is what I have, on Friday and Saturday I had little time to play, so no much crafted. I have all materials, but no craft power!
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by federerGOAT View Post
    The art work has been very nice lately.
    But have to say, the knight topiary is one big UGLY thing!

Yes, it needs to be bolded and in caps. That's how ugly it is.
    I think I'm kind of glad that this is the case. Normally I try to make extras of everything but if it's not something I want then perhaps this one time I'll be okay with merely making the needed amount which will save me probably a good day of work.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    I've put as much known info on page 1 about the non-event related items. I have the wisp garden and it is basically a pond. The other 2 I'll think about getting, but not quite yet. I've 5 golden mines so I don't need another gold dropping source.
    Thanks, SW! I make sure to always check the front page daily for new info but my eyes must've slid right past it. Since I'm not lacking in the gold drops either I think I'm actually going to let this new item pass me by; it's rare but some items I just can't justify spending the gems.

Rhino Keeper
    I’m so depressed right now. I’m away for the weekend so only popping on when I can. Missed the weekend warrior, and now I just realized I didn’t read the goal requirements correctly and need two nights topiary... it has taken me 2 days just to make one. And from what I’m reading it doesn’t get any easier...