View Poll Results: Did you like this Event?/ Which items do you like?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • I liked this event.

9 21.43%
  • I did not like this event.

20 47.62%
  • I could not finish in time

26 61.90%
  • Peony Dragon

22 52.38%
  • Begonia Dragon

16 38.10%
  • Spouting Stump

0 0%
  • Firapples

13 30.95%
  • Tickets

24 57.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dragon: New Growth Community Event- **NEW POLL ADDED**

Fashion Designer
    The world events are getting completely ridiculous in terms of difficulty and it's sad, because they used to be my favourite.

Let's do some math to show why.
    Below is my max amount of points based on my current setup of 2 dens, 3 nests, 2 evolution temples and 7 farms. This is an ideal amount that considers no downtime (i.e. no lost battles, no sleep or work interfering meaning battles 24/7, finishing breeding/hatching/harvesting as soon as the timer is up and starting again) so obviously my real amount is much lower.

Limited dragon: 500 points
    Battles: 24 battles x 7 days x 3 points = 504 points
    Breeding: 2 dens x 24 hrs x 7 days x 2 points = 672 points
    Hatching: 3 dens x 24 hrs x 7 days x 1 point = 504 points
    Harvesting: 7 farms x 24 hrs x 7 days x 1 point = 1176 points
    Evolving: 2 temples x 24 hrs x 7 days x 1 point = 336 points
    Decor: 6 times a day x 7 days x 10 points = 420 points

Absolute max amount of points: 4112

Now keep in mind this is an ideal amount as obviously I am not waking up every hour in the middle of the night to battle or collect, winning every battle, etc. So, my realistic max estimation goes as follows (and this is still being generous because my work doesn't allow me to be on the game as much as I'd like):

Limited dragon: 500 points
    Battles: 10 battles x 7 days x 3 points = 210 points
    Breeding: 2 dens x 22 hrs x 7 days x 2 points = 616 points
    Hatching: 3 dens x 22 hrs x 7 days x 1 point = 462 points
    Harvesting: 7 farms x 23 hrs x 7 days x 1 point = 1127 points
    Evolving: 2 temples x 22 hrs x 7 days x 1 point = 308 points
    Decor: 4 times a day x 7 days x 10 points = 280 points

Total max points realistic estimate: 3503

So far I have had to work a lot this past week so I could not play as much, and I am currently at 2800+ points, which means I should "just" make it. But this is having spent 100 gold to have the extra den available for the week, being lucky enough to breed the limited dragon and raise it to level 10, and having spent quite a bit of gold buying the extra nests and evolution temple in the past couple of years. And still I have to push myself, probably by speed breeding since it gives more points per gold spent.

The way this event is made is way too hard for me as a long term player, and the newer players probably don't stand a chance.
    Feel free to add me on Dragon Story!
    [I don't visit often but I always answer requests]

Fashion Designer
    I did the math on another thread with my set up - Android so Arctic Islands is not an option.

With 1 breeding den, 2 nests, 2 evolution temples, and 7 farms, my absolute max was about 3100 - including fighting 24/7 and collecting from the decor 24/7. That did not include the bonus for getting and raising the dragon. I feel you on the job thing also - with the difficulty level set so high it can be really hard when I have to work in the building without cell reception, so I can lose 5 - 10 hours there. I can usually leave every once in a while to do something but if I'm working on something I can't just get up because my game calls!

So yeah, it's not easy. Since I was spending about 200 gold to get the last dragon, I started spending gold for the extra breeding den - but to make it ideal I need a third nest. I never got around to buying it at the last sale so I am spending gold to finish breeding ocassionally. I think I spent about 50 gold on top of the second den (breeding roost).

The breeding roost is also a better deal for me since as an Android user (no Arctic Islands remember), I was not able to breed enough to get the second monthly dragon - with one den it takes 33.3 days of straight breeding to get enough for that dragon. One week with the second den and I am in a place where I will get enough for the monthly dragon.

It is a annoying to have to spend gold on this and I spend less gold overall now. I used to just spend it on habitats. If I bought one habitat a month that was 250. Now, I just spend it on the events and use 200 or less. I have two gold producing dragons now so it won't be as much actual money and maybe I will save up to buy habitats in the future, after I buy another nest.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyn25 View Post
    The world events are getting completely ridiculous in terms of difficulty and it's sad, because they used to be my favourite.

...snip...

The way this event is made is way too hard for me as a long term player, and the newer players probably don't stand a chance.

To actually see the numbers laid out plainly like that is eye opening. It basically shows me that s8 knows this event is only achievable if players spend gold or purchase the bundles on offer which isn't okay to me. By doing this they're excluding players who don't have the financial means to spend money on games which says to me that they care only about making quick money instead of trying to build a better game in the long term.

Do you remember the good 'ol days when an event was something to be excited for? When they were optional and actually able to be completed without spending? When they were spaced farther apart so that when they did roll around we were happy because they were a treat? When we had time between events to build up our food, work on expansions and try to breed non-event dragons?

I have zero idea how new players get hooked on the game as it is now. I know why I stick around: because I fell in love with a great game and I continue to play in the hopes that it will someday be great again.

Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    It's not a common, it's a super rare I haven't had luck either, even with two breeding dens running and a bit of gold spend to keep my 4 nests covered. I might have to spend some more gold to make the last goal at this rate.

I can see why this thread is very quiet... I guess I'm not the only one feeling like these events are too hard.
    Yeah, it's hard to be excited and want to talk about an event when you can't spare a minute to look away from it or you'll lose out on the prizes. Not only are the event requirements too high, there are too many of them with no breathing room. I no longer feel like I'm sitting down to relax and play a fun game but instead I feel as though I've got to log in and get my work done. I really wish I could just quit but it's always been my goal to have all available dragons and being so close to my goal makes it hard for me to quit

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mostreal View Post
    I did the math on another thread with my set up - Android so Arctic Islands is not an option.

With 1 breeding den, 2 nests, 2 evolution temples, and 7 farms, my absolute max was about 3100 - including fighting 24/7 and collecting from the decor 24/7. That did not include the bonus for getting and raising the dragon. I feel you on the job thing also - with the difficulty level set so high it can be really hard when I have to work in the building without cell reception, so I can lose 5 - 10 hours there. I can usually leave every once in a while to do something but if I'm working on something I can't just get up because my game calls!

So yeah, it's not easy. Since I was spending about 200 gold to get the last dragon, I started spending gold for the extra breeding den - but to make it ideal I need a third nest. I never got around to buying it at the last sale so I am spending gold to finish breeding ocassionally. I think I spent about 50 gold on top of the second den (breeding roost).

The breeding roost is also a better deal for me since as an Android user (no Arctic Islands remember), I was not able to breed enough to get the second monthly dragon - with one den it takes 33.3 days of straight breeding to get enough for that dragon. One week with the second den and I am in a place where I will get enough for the monthly dragon.

It is a annoying to have to spend gold on this and I spend less gold overall now. I used to just spend it on habitats. If I bought one habitat a month that was 250. Now, I just spend it on the events and use 200 or less. I have two gold producing dragons now so it won't be as much actual money and maybe I will save up to buy habitats in the future, after I buy another nest.
    Not having the Arctic Isles on Android does stink but the Isles don't help in any event other than the LBs so you're not missing out on any points there. Sort of a silver lining on a rain cloud?

Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    Not having the Arctic Isles on Android does stink but the Isles don't help in any event other than the LBs so you're not missing out on any points there. Sort of a silver lining on a rain cloud?
    I know it helps with the milestones, but it could also be a double edged sword. Having to play Arctic Isles to compete in an LB is extra work. If you're on iOS then you have to play Arctic Isles to have a chance at winning an LB.

I'm at a point where maybe I don't need to finish every event. Maybe if spending 100 gold on activating the extra breeding roost to help with a Community Event doesn't actually guarantee me a comfortable game during the event, is it really worth shelling that out to begin with? Maybe I should not bother with the extra roost and just accept I won't make the final milestone. Having the extra roost doesn't always help with breeding the special goal dragon either.

EDIT: just got a lace-leaf dragon egg... with not enough time left on the timer to hatch it >_< am going to have to spend more gold again...
    Last edited by JustKay; 05-07-18 at 11:33 PM.
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    Do you remember the good 'ol days when an event was something to be excited for? When they were optional and actually able to be completed without spending? When they were spaced farther apart so that when they did roll around we were happy because they were a treat? When we had time between events to build up our food, work on expansions and try to breed non-event dragons?
    Well... you know the famous adage about how "All good things must come to an end."

Rhino Keeper
    I played like i normally do. I never tried to win any event.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    I know it helps with the milestones, but it could also be a double edged sword. Having to play Arctic Isles to compete in an LB is extra work. If you're on iOS then you have to play Arctic Isles to have a chance at winning an LB.

I'm at a point where maybe I don't need to finish every event. Maybe if spending 100 gold on activating the extra breeding roost to help with a Community Event doesn't actually guarantee me a comfortable game during the event, is it really worth shelling that out to begin with? Maybe I should not bother with the extra roost and just accept I won't make the final milestone. Having the extra roost doesn't always help with breeding the special goal dragon either.

EDIT: just got a lace-leaf dragon egg... with not enough time left on the timer to hatch it >_< am going to have to spend more gold again...
    I only know about the Arctic Isle thing because it's a topic in the LB threads. I finished breeding all those dragons years ago and haven't returned since, didn't really see the point as there's literally nothing for me to do there.

As for the breeding roost, I always keep it going but that's just the way I've always played. I use it to keep breeding two diamond hybrids 'round the clock trying for SRs and URs to disenchant. I've managed to craft nearly a dozen codex dragons so far by doing this, but that's another conversation.

Congrats on getting the Laceleaf, despite my best efforts I did not succeed which didn't really surprise me. I'll have to wait for the next time it's back on the breeding block because I refuse to purchase any dragon (excluding GPDs) for more than 200 gold. We've all got our limits and that's mine, lol. I do agree that the second roost doesn't guarantee getting the limited dragon, in fact it rarely even helps. Sigh. I refuse to believe that they don't alter the code on how frequently a dragon pops up when it's limited. There are times that I'll try for a dragon during an event and not see it once but then after the event is over I get it every other breeding. That's not a coincidence, that's just sneaky programming in my opinion.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    Well... you know the famous adage about how "All good things must come to an end."
    That should be the tagline for this game!

Rhino Keeper
    I am bitter to the point of quitting game. This event is impossible to complete wo gold. I bred nonstop in 3 games and never got the dragon I needed. That’s about 75 times. Red and yellow...really...a million commons. Please get rid of these. What is the point....spend 7 days on a event that results in one stinking dragon...do they think we’re stupid.....I guess I shouldn’t have asked that question. Already gave up on castle story and farm story....this is next

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast