The world events are getting completely ridiculous in terms of difficulty and it's sad, because they used to be my favourite.

Let's do some math to show why.
Below is my max amount of points based on my current setup of 2 dens, 3 nests, 2 evolution temples and 7 farms. This is an ideal amount that considers no downtime (i.e. no lost battles, no sleep or work interfering meaning battles 24/7, finishing breeding/hatching/harvesting as soon as the timer is up and starting again) so obviously my real amount is much lower.

Limited dragon: 500 points
Battles: 24 battles x 7 days x 3 points = 504 points
Breeding: 2 dens x 24 hrs x 7 days x 2 points = 672 points
Hatching: 3 dens x 24 hrs x 7 days x 1 point = 504 points
Harvesting: 7 farms x 24 hrs x 7 days x 1 point = 1176 points
Evolving: 2 temples x 24 hrs x 7 days x 1 point = 336 points
Decor: 6 times a day x 7 days x 10 points = 420 points

Absolute max amount of points: 4112

Now keep in mind this is an ideal amount as obviously I am not waking up every hour in the middle of the night to battle or collect, winning every battle, etc. So, my realistic max estimation goes as follows (and this is still being generous because my work doesn't allow me to be on the game as much as I'd like):

Limited dragon: 500 points
Battles: 10 battles x 7 days x 3 points = 210 points
Breeding: 2 dens x 22 hrs x 7 days x 2 points = 616 points
Hatching: 3 dens x 22 hrs x 7 days x 1 point = 462 points
Harvesting: 7 farms x 23 hrs x 7 days x 1 point = 1127 points
Evolving: 2 temples x 22 hrs x 7 days x 1 point = 308 points
Decor: 4 times a day x 7 days x 10 points = 280 points

Total max points realistic estimate: 3503

So far I have had to work a lot this past week so I could not play as much, and I am currently at 2800+ points, which means I should "just" make it. But this is having spent 100 gold to have the extra den available for the week, being lucky enough to breed the limited dragon and raise it to level 10, and having spent quite a bit of gold buying the extra nests and evolution temple in the past couple of years. And still I have to push myself, probably by speed breeding since it gives more points per gold spent.

The way this event is made is way too hard for me as a long term player, and the newer players probably don't stand a chance.