Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's going on with the freezing and glitching?

Fashion Designer

What's going on with the freezing and glitching?

I have literally.collected the same coins from the same habitats about 40 or 50 times tonight. It keeps freezing and backing up on each and every task. I fought one opponent in the tournament 4 times. What is going on s8???

I am having the same problem. Storm8 spends more time finding way to force you to spend gold than fixing the stability of the game.

Banned
    It's happening to me too.

Fashion Designer
    Out of control...I have to plant crops sometimes 3-4 times over and over from the glitching.

Fashion Designer

Thumbs up

Good to know, it’s not my WiFi!
    No Freedom of Speech Here

Rhino Keeper
    Seriously annoying. Not helpful when you’re trying to de-stress from a long day. Crop planting, coin collecting, gold collecting, battles, quests, EVERYTHING has to be done multiple times. I had to do a crop 4 times before it stuck.

I mentioned this solution in a previous thread, the glitching is like due to a race condition on the buildings/habitats you are collecting from. For example, if you collect from a farm and try to plant a new crop, the server on the other end of the internet may not have finished processing your collect command and so when you try to plant and send that request to the server it might still think you have not collected yet. I generally get around this problem by rotating around my tasks. For instance, I will collect from farms, then the quest outpost, then do a battle, then tap a few habitats for coins, before going back and then planting more crops, and sending out a new quest and so on. This means that the farm collection will have had time to process and save, before I try to plant over the top of it again. Hope that helps! Same with the quest outpost which can be especially painful when you manage to get a quest prize of 5000 food and then it resets when you try to send the quest out again.
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    I mentioned this solution in a previous thread, the glitching is like due to a race condition on the buildings/habitats you are collecting from. For example, if you collect from a farm and try to plant a new crop, the server on the other end of the internet may not have finished processing your collect command and so when you try to plant and send that request to the server it might still think you have not collected yet. I generally get around this problem by rotating around my tasks. For instance, I will collect from farms, then the quest outpost, then do a battle, then tap a few habitats for coins, before going back and then planting more crops, and sending out a new quest and so on. This means that the farm collection will have had time to process and save, before I try to plant over the top of it again. Hope that helps! Same with the quest outpost which can be especially painful when you manage to get a quest prize of 5000 food and then it resets when you try to send the quest out again.
    Interesting! Will try to do as you say and see if it helps

Banned
    Gutted, just beat Warpaint and started crafting Neo Unicorn, gathered coins and planted 5 crops, roll back, grrrh! Crops planted, yes, yes, yes, No that’s when roll back seems to have happened but crop 5 was planted, so that proves that roll backs are on purpose! How in the heck do you start crafting, collect coins, plant 5 crops, crop 4 in a fail and the game rolls back! Sorry but in my opinion it is rather shady!

I reported this issue as an issue in the Bugs & Issues forum complete with a video recording of the issue so that bug ****ers wouldn't have to "interpret our colorful descriptions and "try" to understand what we are saying. I'm surprised that so few people have actually viewed that thread and the video, let alone add their complaints and comments to that thread.

Here's the post with the video:

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...=1#post1500932

It's annotated at the points of resets to show the developers exactly what we are facing.

Please add comments to that post so that the developers know that it isn't just a small handful of players who are experiencing this issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast