Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golden Upgrapes - New Food

Banned

Golden Upgrapes - New Food

Wow, another big Thank you Storm8 with this new improved food crop. Same time and price but the crop now yield 150 Firapples!

Rhino Keeper
    This is great news!

I'm wondering if this is for a limited time? If this is a permanent new crop wouldn't they remove the regular upgrapes? Why plant regular upgrapes when you get a 50% higher yield for the same price and time?

Farm Supplier
    Finally, some thinking and action on the food production challenge! Although this does smell a bit like a limited-time trial.

By my quick math, Golden Upgrapes are definitely the most time efficient source of food! Upgrapes were already the crop of choice if you had the time to grind. If you're planting Golden Upgrapes on the 10min timers (i.e., 6 crops per hour per farm), that's 6300 apples an hour! Better than the Impruberries that would be a theoretical 5040 apples an hour.

Grinding 8 hours of Golden Upgrapes would net you 50,000 apples. (I think this task was listed somewhere in Dante's Inferno. )

If you desperately need apples, this is at least the most productive output.

-Serpentray

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by random59 View Post
    Wow, another big Thank you Storm8 with this new improved food crop. Same time and price but the crop now yield 150 Firapples!
    LOL. Well we've been bugging them for years for new crops so of course they finally years later gave us new ones of a type I'm sure nobody plants

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    This is currently for the birthday celebration and is available until 5/1 ~10:30am pacific time.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    This is currently for the birthday celebration and is available until 5/1 ~10:30am pacific time.
    It is a good perk for the birthday celebration and reasonably only available for a limited time. What is not reasonable is that like so many other things, the only ones who know about limited availability are the ones who read the forum. It obviously took work to code it properly so why not also put the effort in to tell everyone? Maybe in the future, that could be done.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by squigglish View Post
    It is a good perk for the birthday celebration and reasonably only available for a limited time. What is not reasonable is that like so many other things, the only ones who know about limited availability are the ones who read the forum. It obviously took work to code it properly so why not also put the effort in to tell everyone? Maybe in the future, that could be done.
    Definitely agree. I thought it was stupid to have this new food option, when it’s *only* the Upgrapes. Had I not come on here to check up, I would have had no way of knowing these are just limited time crops.

Thank you S8

posted previously by someone else...
    LOL. Well we've been bugging them for years for new crops so of course they finally years later gave us new ones of a type I'm sure nobody plants
    ???????????????????????????????????
    Sorry to disappoint... you are welcome to your own opinion if course. BUT THANK YOU STORM 8... I LOVE THE GOLDEN UPGRAPES and yes I plant them all the time, as much as I can.
    And Storm 8... sorry for the naysayers and haters out there.

While I'm here... I just want to say thanks for sending the goals last week. Being android I have felt left out at times, so thanks for giving us what othets got previously. Your hard work is appreciated. (5 unique dragons...)
    Last edited by GinettaZ; 04-25-18 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Additional comment

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    While I love some extra food while it lasts, I wish it was permanent! Even if they cost five times what the normal upgrapes do, I'd plant them non stop.
    Feel free to add me on Dragon Story!
    [I don't visit often but I always answer requests]

Rhino Keeper
    Would be nice when this is done, they’d give us 1000 plant food like on the frozen land. Never understoo he one size had the 1000 but main game didn’t. It’s the story quest you have to evolve so many dragons, if you don’t start right afterwards you don’t have a chance to get up high enough to upgrade them all.

Please S8 consider the 1000 food for 100000 ... it’s an easy thing to do, just change the amount & price on the golden grapes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast