Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Marble Keys Timer Reduced (Ends May 1 2018)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    This is currently for the birthday celebration and is available until 5/1 ~10:30am pacific time.
    Hi Elsa, as can be seen from the comments in this thread, the community would really like to see the reduced timer to 12 hours as a permanent change. Like others, I had thought when it first started that it was a permanent positive change.

As a long-term player (i.e. since a few months after DS was launched), I was down to one free habitat space left on my island and in the unenviable position of not being able to clear space fast enough to procure new habitats when this timer was suddenly reduced. I began spending more gold again and played all the Birthday events in April amassing 24 new (and mostly amazing) dragons. Now, with the Marble Key crafting timer increased back to 24 hours again and each new space now requiring 20+ Marble Keys for me to unlock, it will take at least a month to clear each new space.

There's a fine line between trying to slow down play with your long-term players along with earning money, and this ridiculously long timer, I would say is a barrier to earning more money taking enjoyment away from the game. I'm going to have to slow down again, stop playing most events, and leave plenty of dragons in storage which I'm sure many other players in the same position will have to do as well.

Please take this feedback to your team and we all hope that there will be more positive developments on this front soon.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinW07 View Post
    Hi Elsa, as can be seen from the comments in this thread, the community would really like to see the reduced timer to 12 hours as a permanent change. Like others, I had thought when it first started that it was a permanent positive change.

As a long-term player (i.e. since a few months after DS was launched), I was down to one free habitat space left on my island and in the unenviable position of not being able to clear space fast enough to procure new habitats when this timer was suddenly reduced. I began spending more gold again and played all the Birthday events in April amassing 24 new (and mostly amazing) dragons. Now, with the Marble Key crafting timer increased back to 24 hours again and each new space now requiring 20+ Marble Keys for me to unlock, it will take at least a month to clear each new space.

There's a fine line between trying to slow down play with your long-term players along with earning money, and this ridiculously long timer, I would say is a barrier to earning more money taking enjoyment away from the game. I'm going to have to slow down again, stop playing most events, and leave plenty of dragons in storage which I'm sure many other players in the same position will have to do as well.

Please take this feedback to your team and we all hope that there will be more positive developments on this front soon.
    Well put! While I participate in every event (don't have much of a choice if I want the monthly dragons!) I leave all the dragons in storage except for the ones that I have to place on my board for goals or to continue in the event. At last count there were nearly 150 left in storage and my stable is full up. As a long time player I think the two largest issues I face in the game are expansions and habitats. If s8 would slow down the events maybe they could use that time to figure out a way to lessen the marble timer (or reduce the amount needed) and make it so that every habitat can be upgraded from 4 to 5 dragons. There are (I think) 1122 dragons available and there is nowhere near the space to house them!

Space is such an issue that when they had the Stable on sale for their birthday event I was sad to see we can't purchase another. A second stable would be ideal for a place to put all the SR and UR dragons waiting to be disenchanted since that takes so long too! I've got all most of my older dragons in the stable so I have the space to put out the new dragons that I can't leave in storage like the ones from the Dragon Tales and the new breedables. While I do enjoy seeing new dragons on offer, it's not so great that I can't display an of them!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    Well put! While I participate in every event (don't have much of a choice if I want the monthly dragons!) I leave all the dragons in storage except for the ones that I have to place on my board for goals or to continue in the event. At last count there were nearly 150 left in storage and my stable is full up. As a long time player I think the two largest issues I face in the game are expansions and habitats. If s8 would slow down the events maybe they could use that time to figure out a way to lessen the marble timer (or reduce the amount needed) and make it so that every habitat can be upgraded from 4 to 5 dragons. There are (I think) 1122 dragons available and there is nowhere near the space to house them!

Space is such an issue that when they had the Stable on sale for their birthday event I was sad to see we can't purchase another. A second stable would be ideal for a place to put all the SR and UR dragons waiting to be disenchanted since that takes so long too! I've got all most of my older dragons in the stable so I have the space to put out the new dragons that I can't leave in storage like the ones from the Dragon Tales and the new breedables. While I do enjoy seeing new dragons on offer, it's not so great that I can't display an of them!
    Thanks! You too!

Let's hope something positive comes out of it.

As for me, I opted not to buy a Dragon Stable as it takes space on my island and one has to keep on continuing to pay gold to increase its storage capacity. I rather dispose of my Commons and only get dragons I love into my limited habitats (and leaving all other less favored ones in storage).

Sad that TL has to put us into this position to choose. It's like having to choose which friends you like to keep and to throw the rest away, or even worse, which children you like best and give the rest up by selling them (as in DS world, there is no way to give the unwanted ones to others, i.e. no adoption option)!!!
    Last edited by KevinW07; 05-08-18 at 05:52 AM.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinW07 View Post
    Thanks! You too!

Let's hope something positive comes out of it.

As for me, I opted not to buy a Dragon Stable as it takes space on my island and one has to keep on continuing to pay gold to increase its storage capacity. I rather dispose of my Commons and only get dragons I love into my limited habitats (and leaving all other less favored ones in storage).

Sad that TL has to put us into this position to choose. It's like having to choose which friends you like to keep and to throw the rest away, or even worse, which children you like best and give the rest up by selling them (as in DS world, there is no way to give the unwanted ones to others, i.e. no adoption option)!!!
    Buying the Stable was something I struggled with for a long time but finally broke down and bought it years back on a sale. I'm also almost positive that I upgraded when they were at reduced prices, again this was years ago. Anyway, the point is that I thought it was a wise investment and it's really come in handy as that's where I throw all the SRs and URs for disenchanting, I can't be bothered to waste the food and time on the little guys. Over the years I've kept all my diamond duplicates and just stored them in there so I had a nice head start at the codex when it was released. It also comes in handy when I run out of room and need a place to stick a newly hatched dragon. I just throw and older Common dragon in the stable and steal their spot for the newbie. Sure I feel bad, but I hope to one day clear enough marble land to be able to bring them all back out.
    But as always, it depends on your playing style as all things in the game do.

I'm currently starting the third row on marble island so it will be a while before I clear the next spot! Like weeks long probably. Really wish they'd get on it and give us a marble only crafting building already since it doesn't look like they're going to lower either the time to craft or the amount needed!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234