Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dragon: LEADERBOARD - Best Party April 24 2018

Rhino Keeper
    Hi everyone,

I have the Noble Crystal on my main island and can raise dragons to level 15 there, I find that I cannot raise any Arctic Isles dragons to level 15.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks!
    Last edited by kooky panda; 04-29-18 at 12:38 PM. Reason: removed third party comments

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinW07 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have the Noble Crystal on my main island and can raise dragons to level 15 there, I find that I cannot raise any Arctic Isles dragons to level 15.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks!
    You can only feed your dragons to level 10 on the arctic island, even if you have a noble crystal on your main island.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by FireballFarm View Post
    4000 points is really not all that high, tbh, especially if they did a little speed breeding and have a couple ultra rare bonuses.
    Haha...the 3 top players in my LB are currently boosting at 15,000+. Still with 1 day left...Just insane.

Farm Supplier
    I agree with fireball Farm that the points are averaged for board assignments. Al though thlast 2 boards I have been put with big time boosters. I don't boost, or speed bred after my first board and I found out how much gold it took. I do have 2 roosts I breed on both almost continually, just have to keep trying for the elusive breed I can't seem to get. But I breed like that all the time, my neighbors can tell you. Lots of times I use one roost and random breed just to see what happens. I usually end in the top quarter of the board but it is just from the breeding. For me it is the dragons. They could leave all the baubles out and give food as prizes. I have a bunch of junk in storage I'll never use. Just havevfun do the game your way and ignore those who have to compete incessantly. I check my wall at least 2 times a day and will answer.

Banned
    My top 2 are in the 30+k range, don’t understand why they keep boosting, I have just passed the final milestone and saved myself some grief and bought Neo Valiant, probably cheaper in the long run!

Fashion Designer
    My top will likely hit 50k, at 48k now..

No thanks!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by random59 View Post
    My top 2 are in the 30+k range, don’t understand why they keep boosting, I have just passed the final milestone and saved myself some grief and bought Neo Valiant, probably cheaper in the long run!
    I just don’t get it. I understand some people align things to set off at the start of an LB event, to get the most out of their points right off the bat,which does make sense, especially if many of the milestones are dragons you don’t have. But the people who push it up SO high, way past the individual milestones, have to maintain that unbelievable amount for x days still to go. It’s like, the equivalent to placing insanely high amounts of **** bids when there’s still 6 days left of an auction. Whyyyy o.O

Rhino Keeper
    Some people just have to win, no matter what it costs.

Quote Originally Posted by NeidusBluetip View Post
    I just don?t get it. I understand some people align things to set off at the start of an LB event, to get the most out of their points right off the bat,which does make sense, especially if many of the milestones are dragons you don?t have. But the people who push it up SO high, way past the individual milestones, have to maintain that unbelievable amount for x days still to go. It?s like, the equivalent to placing insanely high amounts of **** bids when there?s still 6 days left of an auction. Whyyyy o.O
    If money's not an issue, I guess you can indulge in any superiority complex you might have... and there are a lot of really, really, really rich people in the world. Everyone gets satisfaction out of a game in their own way. I'm just happy someone is paying to keep S8 going while I ride along at my own pace

Also, if money's not an issue, while time is, then you really want to break your competitor's spirit from the get go, and keep it down while you can still log into the game during event time. If you can't be there for the finish (bedtime, work, family commitments, etc) then having broken down any possible challengers and sapped their resources will guarantee your undefended top spot. If you can't see how much food or gold someone has, your best bet is to coax them into using it earlier on, or put enough distance between you and them that they know what they have won't win them the game (and so avoid using it for nought). Given the final few minutes of a LB runs basically like a furious blind auction, this strategy might actually be important to guaranteeing a win by avoiding an auction finish.
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Quote Originally Posted by KevinW07 View Post
    Sorry to hear about your bad experience JustKay, but don't let one bad apple spoil it for you. I always say karma will win out in the end to one that wrongs you.

I totally agree with AnnirasSweets' comments. One of the main reasons I started playing DS was the good social aspects (i.e. neighbors helping each other, community-based events, communicating on walls, etc.), but unfortunately since then, I believe that TeamLava has strayed from that path by creating features like Bingo & Leaderboards to put its player community into negative adversarial situations. These type of events will generally bring out the worst in people. I've even witnessed bullying on neighbor's walls. What's even worse is that this certainly is not a sleep-friendly game anymore with the endless time-based events, where these days, at least two run concurrently. I also believe in games that if it entices players to spend gold, they should be rewarded accordingly. In events like this Leaderboard, I have seen players spent a whole lot of gold to get into the top two positions only to fail and lose out of the prize dragon.

Endeavoring to tie is a positive initiative to encourage players to work together amidst an adversarial event; it is only the selfish, anti-social, sceptic, or narcissist (with a need to always win) that would ignore a social offer to tie with others. In the Leaderboard events I've been involved in where an agreement has been made to tie, everyone has kept their word. The issue I do find is that most I put out the offer to tie either don't bother to check their walls or choose to ignore the offer and inexplicably go ahead and spend lots of gold only to all lose save one.

Here's hoping that TeamLava will endeavour to update the game to make it more socially positive going forward. In the meantime, I advocate for all to tie in these types of competitive events!
    Oh, I left nothing to karma. I farmed millions of food and drop it all on top of them in a later LB, breaking their win streak like they did mine I don't doubt that there are people also looking to do the same to me with my winning streak >_<

I agree with everything you've said and have lamented in previous posts too. The community used to be bigger and more collaborative. These forums used to be so much busier. I've seen a lot of faithful neighbours go. It's for S8 to determine if the small players lost is worth getting their bigger spenders to spend more competitively. Maybe it is more profitable that way. Losing some stubbornly free-play-ers (like me) might actually reduce their server costs.

All up it's for S8 to survive so I can't complain. We all rejoiced when they introduced GPDs, but now many players will have a regular gold income that basically takes income from S8. They've clearly backtracked on that by removing a lot of GPDs from the game for new players. Once you have 10 or more GPDs you can breeze through all the non-LB events without spending a cent. Basically everyone becomes a free-to-player. It's almost inevitable they introduce something like LBs to help burn through all that stockpiled gold that deprives them of revenue. It sort of cancels out the GPD effect and evens it out so people have a reason to buy gold with real money again. I like to think they have a good reason to run LB events. If they don't they will go bust and everyone loses.

Quote Originally Posted by FireballFarm View Post
    I've had friends test out the "wait to start and get an easy group" theory and declare it either wishful thinking or simple coincidence. It may appear to "work" once or twice, but it doesn't hold up across several LBs.
    This is likely because word has spread about this tactic and now so many people use it that you will get just as many serious players applying the same tactic. Like in any arms race, time and obsolescence is it's worst enemy. A while ago, I saw a lot of regular people leaving both DS and FFS, including some that I know were aware of this tactic. No doubt once they had no need to keep secrets, they might choose to share their tactics with other players online. It would also explain the proliferation of the tied win strategy now. Once a secret tactic is out in the wild, it doesn't really confer the same advantage anymore. You will need to come up with newer strategies to stay ahead of the pack! Luckily I have multiple strategies that I can use to win an LB, and I keep track of other player's strategies by regularly spying on them
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795