Thread: Organizing dragon/habitats/decor

Host(ess)

Organizing dragon/habitats/decor

I am trying to make my islands more attractive and well organized, and use my decorations. Any tips? How do you organize your islands? Pictures welcome!

Fashion Designer
    I like to organize mine by colour. I have all the habitats of the same type or colour in little sections. I do not use any decorations because I like to use that space for more habitats.

Banned
    You can visit your neighbors or other community members for inspiration. When I visit others, I largely see that people organize by color, like a whole island of white, a whole island of pink, etc. It is very striking/impressive. I happen to buy most of the premium habitats as they are released or go on sale, and my island is *not* organized, but I have cool habitats, cool dragons, and am proud of my island. 😊 I have only set aside 1 or 2 "plots" for decorations. It's more important to me to have as many dragons as possible.

Host(ess)
    My biggest issue is my fey and world type dragons. There are no habitats available for coins, so i feel like my dragons are scattered among other habitat types.

Fashion Designer
    Mine are also organized by color and similar color - so the pink is near the cosmos and the Destiny Delta. I also prefer the "taller" ones in the back, so to speak. So my yellow habitats are situated so that when you look at my island, they are behind the other ones that don't have features that stick up as much. I have bought habitats with gold, and back in the day they were one of the prizes in the community/world events so I have a few unique ones and they are generally near others of similar type (ie - Spring Meadow is near the Green ones).

I also do not have decor right now since I have a lot of habitats and mine are spaced whenever possible, the dragons look less crammed together if there is a space between the habitats.

Also, on a side note - I try to keep dragons from the same event together, though that doesn't always work. I do have an excel spreadsheet that lists dragon, level, evolving time, type/s, habitat, and food requirement (once it reaches level 7). It helps keep me organized. With the recent essence trading, I have been getting rid of some of my rare/super rare duplicates and moving dragons around.

Right now it pleases me greatly to have Storm8, Stormie, and Glacial all on one habitat since they are all blue dragons.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mostreal View Post
    Mine are also organized by color and similar color - so the pink is near the cosmos and the Destiny Delta. I also prefer the "taller" ones in the back, so to speak. So my yellow habitats are situated so that when you look at my island, they are behind the other ones that don't have features that stick up as much. I have bought habitats with gold, and back in the day they were one of the prizes in the community/world events so I have a few unique ones and they are generally near others of similar type (ie - Spring Meadow is near the Green ones).

I also do not have decor right now since I have a lot of habitats and mine are spaced whenever possible, the dragons look less crammed together if there is a space between the habitats.

Also, on a side note - I try to keep dragons from the same event together, though that doesn't always work. I do have an excel spreadsheet that lists dragon, level, evolving time, type/s, habitat, and food requirement (once it reaches level 7). It helps keep me organized. With the recent essence trading, I have been getting rid of some of my rare/super rare duplicates and moving dragons around.

Right now it pleases me greatly to have Storm8, Stormie, and Glacial all on one habitat since they are all blue dragons.
    I decided to go with something a bit unique. Mostly, it is grouped by colour, but my add on islands from island parts are now themed parks (space, fairy/fey garden, winter, autumn). I grouped based on the dragon types themselves more than visual appeal or habitats, so my spring meadows are currently housing fey dragons as a part of my fey park. This let me use some of my decor, and tell me (and visitors) where i can find different typed dragons even when they dont have their own habitat. I buold a port to signal what area my world dragons are in, even though they are in both blue and green habitats.

Come check it out and let me know what you think! ParadisePlateau is my island name.

Now that I have a steady free gold stream I've been buying premium habitats as they are introduced. I organise my island so that each section has a theme that sort of flows into neighbouring sections, and each small floating island has it's own theme; Valentines, White Winter, Fire and Brimstone, Mining, Summer Sands, Ancient Artefacts, etc. I try to put dragons in each habitat that match that habitats theme too. I keep my main island center section clear so I can have farms, and dens and nests there, but I have enough rooms spare to write a special message to any visitors that they'll see straight away. I use decorations for this message, mostly LB trophies and build on it as events happen. I also use decorations sparingly in other parts. I have a diamond temple that I've positioned next to a wall to make it look like it's a diamond mine and all my diamond dragons have emerged from it. I have an old gold mine decoration from a special item many years ago, which I have placed where all my gold giving dragons live so it implies that they emerged from this mine.
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    Now that I have a steady free gold stream I've been buying premium habitats as they are introduced. I organise my island so that each section has a theme that sort of flows into neighbouring sections, and each small floating island has it's own theme; Valentines, White Winter, Fire and Brimstone, Mining, Summer Sands, Ancient Artefacts, etc. I try to put dragons in each habitat that match that habitats theme too. I keep my main island center section clear so I can have farms, and dens and nests there, but I have enough rooms spare to write a special message to any visitors that they'll see straight away. I use decorations for this message, mostly LB trophies and build on it as events happen. I also use decorations sparingly in other parts. I have a diamond temple that I've positioned next to a wall to make it look like it's a diamond mine and all my diamond dragons have emerged from it. I have an old gold mine decoration from a special item many years ago, which I have placed where all my gold giving dragons live so it implies that they emerged from this mine.
    I love this! What's your island name so I can find it to visit once I make you my neighbour?

Fashion Designer
    Yea, I’m always curious to see any inspirational islands out there. So far, I mainly see color grouping...I like the idea of theme grouping. If you guys could post images that would be great cus visiting islands make my phone crash if the island is too big or have a lot going on. Plus I would like to take my time to appreciate the aesthetics instead of rushing to leave the island to prevent crashing.

The interesting ones I’ve seen so far was, one caretaker breed nothing but Forest dragons, so it was a Forest dragon Utopia, another one was Ruby island mainly Ruby dragons, and the another one used premium habitats, but the habitat has a waterway so it flows throughout all the other habitats. That one is currently my fav so far. It?s really hard to make the habitats flow nicely together.
    No Freedom of Speech Here

Farm Supplier
    Most of mine are by color right now but I have changed a lot of the smaller groups to one area or small island, ie. metal,rainbow, frye, heart, elemental, olympus, etc . Want to continue to theme group as I can get room. Don't have much in decorations out as the space is for habitats right now. Want to add as I can.