Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3434950515253545556 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 4/19 - Glimmerblossom Event |goals and prize info in posts 1-2

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by VersaceMorrow View Post
    Here is what I did for the giant gate problem, if you need an idea....

Attachment 43986
    Technically speaking the gate is not too big. In Japan it is called a Torii. It can come in small to enormous size. But in general it is red.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by beefus View Post

2) Really, it's a big Gate... have you not been to the Japanese section of Epcot... google it, tiny fence, BIG gate.
    What ya need is a really big Japanese tower building, like the size of Greselda's castle... but I have no place to put that. When you open up the 3rd Sister, will we get 4 more Squares up top? Air Sister as it were?
    Yeap, we need some extra to make a world heritage corner: https://www.toshogu.jp/english/shrine/
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Fashion Designer
    LOVED the very unexpected weekend warrior, LOVED that after stopping everything to devote all energy to the event I was able to finish and relax and work on my kingdom.

[EDIT: yarrgh. nothing like taking so long to compose a post that THREE people post about it before I finish, lol.]

From what I've seen in pictures, a Japanese torii "gate" is rarely accompanied by a fence.

Wikipedia says a torii is "most commonly found at the entrance of or within a Shinto shrine, where it symbolically marks the transition from the mundane to sacred." And later, "The gate has a purely symbolic function and therefore there usually are no doors or board fences."

I've seen pictures of torii alone, out in the middle of nowhere: on a beach, for example. In those settings they remind me of a Standing Stone. Maybe on the beach the land and water represent mundane and sacred.

Google images and wikipedia have some excellent pictures to help you get the emotional sensation of a torii.

Hopefully mentioning those without links is okay.
    Last edited by Lavenderdale; 04-30-18 at 12:36 PM. Reason: three people posted before I finished writing. lol.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by kendysek View Post
    Im upset with the weekend warrior, which started around midnight and I fell to sleep after few steps and never finished one. This is so unfair!!!
    Haha exactly the same happened to me! I've missed out on the last two weekend warriors. The first one because I was away on holiday and the second by falling asleep. Must remember to drink a cup of strong coffee next time, and must stay up for as long at it takes. It was a big mistake to try to complete it while lying down.

I'm going to miss out on the final prize and will only manage to upgrade the building to level 6 by a lot of gem speeding on Ivy. I couldn't play for most of the first five days of the event, but wanted to get as far as I could in the rest of the time because I love a nice water feature and I really wanted the prizes. I don't mind not being able to get Princess Hana.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by VersaceMorrow View Post
    Here is what I did for the giant gate problem, if you need an idea....

Attachment 43986
    That looks great!!!

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Val1963 View Post
    When I started this event I was able to count fans, after a few days I'm still counting fans but cannot collect any items or be included in the community event as the page is no longer showing up. I've collected a lot of fans now and would love to collect items on offer. What can I do?
    Are you using 2 devices to play the same game? If yes and they're on different versions you'll lose fans. Have you force closed all of your apps so your device is working at optimum efficiency? Have you reinstalled the game? If these don't help restore your event icon please contact Support so they can check your game.
    S8 Support: Click here to contact S8 Support

Bugs post with info on crashing and logging in issues: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...before-posting

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by beefus View Post
    What ya need is a really big Japanese tower building, like the size of Greselda's castle... but I have no place to put that.
    MOo!
    Well we do technically have a sorta large Japanese style building in the form of the builders guild. It didn?t have anywhere to live really until this event. But seeing as how it too has been abandoned by S8, it?s just a decoration now really.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post
    You give me hope for the fans. I've had a very busy 3 days (lost an entire day of Ivy with more than 12 hours between collections) and wasn't able to collect from the dojo very often. Tuesday and Weds are busy too, so today plus finishing the dojo just might get me 650 fans.
    yes finishing it at level 6 also means you'll be getting 25 fans per collection.

The last weekend warrior would have done nothing for me anyway since I had all my parts except for one ivy tassel

Fashion Designer comeseecomesah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kendysek View Post
    I really love those lanterns! But no way I'm buying the chest with random chance for them. I hope they will be fore sale!

Yep me too,me too and me too!!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by jbfps116 View Post
    FYI they want you to go all out and buy lots of chests.
    I spent 500 gems on the discounted chests. That's 20 chests. Over half have only fans. I did get a nice rainbow of lanterns which I was stoked about but NO EGG. seriously I'm glad I picked up the pink one in the saw because there's no hope trying The Blue Box Lottery unless you feel like shelling out big dough on potentially junk
    This is the worst thing they have done so far. They reduced the price but they also reduced the odds of getting the EGG to close to zero.

I also have bought several chests at discount but no EGG whatsoever.

I DID buy a couple of chests at full price and I got an egg. So they clearly reduced the rates.

[mod comments removed by SpiritWind. Feedback posts are encouraged by S8. Your posts do not get removed for constructive feedback.]
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 05-01-18 at 05:13 AM. Reason: Removed moderator comments