Thread: Event Storehouse

Executive Chef

Event Storehouse

One very common complaint is that players end up discarding a lot of items during events because event items take up space in their barn. This is especially true when the required quantities increase during events in which we need to upgrade something (unlike events like the "Without 'Feather' Ado" event that just finished, in which required quantities remained the same throughout). Perhaps we could have a new building (or two) to address this.

First, all event-related materials (and only event-related materials) could be directed into an Event Storehouse. This would only be for items specifically introduced for an event and crafted in new buildings introduced for the event; new recipes making use of regular buildings (e.g., the Mushroom Stew, etc., from the Gnome event) would still go into the Barn. Like the Barn and the Silo, the Event Storehouse would need to have its capacity upgraded; for those high-level players who have fully upgraded everything and unlocked all the spaces in each building's queue, this would provide them with a use for any upgrade parts they have collected but are now selling or discarding because they can't do anything more with them except wait for another increase in capacity to be made available. Because it would be for events only, it may well remain inactive during certain events (e.g., County Fair events), though players would still be able to upgrade even if it is not currently in use.

Second, any excess event-related materials could--if the player chooses--be moved into an Event Showcase or Event Gallery. These would be any event-related items (collected or crafted) that a player chooses to set aside and hold onto as "memorabilia", as a memento of the past event. This is, of course, solely the choice of the player; most players would opt to use everything they craft (and in some cases have no choice since they run out of time and need that last one to finish the event), but a few might appreciate what some of the items look like (e.g., Arctic Fox Plushie) or value them for all the effort that went into it (e.g., Gnome Coin and Mushroom Terrarium). Items could only be moved into the Showcase/Gallery after the event--or perhaps at any time during the event--and once in cannot be removed. This, too, might be like the Barn and Silo and need to be upgraded as time goes on.

Even if the second idea is too far-fetched, please consider the first as being a serious suggestion. Thank you for your time.

Maybe instead we could get a “Seasonal” section like in restaurant Story 2. This is where all the event items are stored and there is no capacity on it.
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Need forum help or have a game question? Click to send a private message
    Having trouble with your game? Click to contact Storm8 Support

Grand Emperor
    I am not sure about these. Anything moved out of barn may means we lose the chance to sell them in the shop and help neighbours. I much rather have the option to sell and help others instead of losing that option. We have been getting several consecutive barn and silo upgrades recently, 2 more were released a few hours ago. Put it this way, no one has sufficient barn storage no matter how big the barn is. lol Bottom line for me is not to lose the option to buy/sell event parts with others.

Quote Originally Posted by Rynetory2 View Post
    I am not sure about these. Anything moved out of barn may means we lose the chance to sell them in the shop and help neighbours. I much rather have the option to sell and help others instead of losing that option. We have been getting several consecutive barn and silo upgrades recently, 2 more were released a few hours ago. Put it this way, no one has sufficient barn storage no matter how big the barn is. lol Bottom line for me is not to lose the option to buy/sell event parts with others.
    The problem is that we haven’t been able to buy and sell event items since summer of last year in the Kitty Rescue Event. I really liked the option to buy and sell, and I don’t really get why the items are stored in the barn now thay we can’t sell. But I’m still very happy with the events we get!
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Need forum help or have a game question? Click to send a private message
    Having trouble with your game? Click to contact Storm8 Support

Grand Emperor
    Well the point is not losing the buy/sell option 100% with things moved out of barn. How are we able to buy/sell if we lose the option in the first place? Whether we are allowed to buy/sell during events is different to having no such option. Hope you get what I am saying.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynetory2 View Post
    We havent had the possibility to buy/sell event items for a long time now, which makes it less fun. It was always so nice to help eachother. Like it is now, we all play alone.

Seperate storage shed for event items/file cabinet for licenses

Since storage is at such a premium, give us the option to buy with gems an "event storage shed" to store the limited time items in. (like for example this challenges rain gear items, or the Valentine's items for building items) We can expand storage for it like we do the other buildings (with like nails paint etc) , and it would give us better storage. Or you could make it a "storage shed" for only event items and building pieces, no crop or regular items allowed. Also would be nice if you could create a file cabinet we could pay gems for to store our licenses, permits, maps etc to ease storage problems. The game developers still make some gems but it eases our frustration too. Win win for everyone! People that don't want to spend the gems for the items will continue on as normal but others wanting this upgrade would then have option to buy it.