Thread: Really Frustrated with Request System

Farm Supplier

Angry Really Frustrated with Request System

I have less than 20 active neighbors, and I continually have problems getting my material requests fulfilled. Yesterday, I needed two more parts to finish building an oven, and the rest of the requests were the nine needed to start the new goals, so I asked Stormie and one active neighbor who I know to be active. The entire day went by, that neighbor even visited me, but only Stormie fulfilled that material request. I only got four of the nine requests fufilled for starting the new goal, so I was stuck all day (I definitely have enough active neighbors that I should have gotten nine back). Many times, I get material requests days after my neighbors have sent them. Sometimes, the request system will uncheck a few of the neighbors near the top of the list before I send the requests off and tell me that I‘ve already requested help from these neighbors today. I don’t have enough neighbors to have a back-log of old requests — I only have 22 neighbors total. Also, why does Stormie take so long to respond?

The only possible explanation I can think of is that somehow my gifts are being counted toward my maximum requests as I seem to routinely get gifted more parts than get requests answered. As for Stormie taking two hours to respond when an automated process should take seconds, maybe Stormie is a Turkish Machine.
    Last edited by KingdomNo735; 05-03-18 at 05:44 AM.

Executive Chef
    My in game friends also take a little while to respond also, but i assume that it is for the reason - they may not get it until late.

I was in the game around reset the last 2 day, and i accept, then more come in instantly after.

You can ask if they get your request also, they may never get it.

It took me over a day to build my oven, as i still needed more UV lights.

You can look through the add me forums and find people in that. It can be a help, if you are in need of new people in your list.
    Last edited by kappy333; 05-03-18 at 09:01 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Stormie always takes a while to accept requests. It?s always been that way. But at least it gets accepted on the same day.

You need to start adding a lot more neighbors. The way I did it is I started adding active players in this forum. You will find them in the goal threads. Then just keep experimenting until you find your reliable 20 that always answer your requests. You will quickly catch on to like 5 that answer right away, especially in the morning. The rest eventually respond within the same day. I always use the same people for requests and they?ve never let me down.

Rhino Keeper
    Also, delete all your inactive neighbors. You have to visit their bakeries and see if they?re playing current goals. Also check for food spoilage or empty ovens.

Farm Supplier
    I don't have a lot of inactive neighbors. The reason why I keep my neighbor list short is so that I can keep track of who's active and who's not and not have to worry about sending out too many requests. I really don't think the problem is that I have inactive neighbors.

I'm thinking it may be because requests tend to be at the bottom, and gifts are at the top. And as you accept gifts, they don't disappear from the list, it just stays there as an option to be used or as a reminder to gift back. And it could be some neighbors don't really pay attention to requests, or they could be very busy that they don't scroll all the way down.

Because some neighbors accept requests really fast, and some don't, even though they're online.

Also, some tend to gift back right after I gift them... which could mean they tend to forget about the bottom part of the notifications.

I wish requests come first instead of gifts, so people will accept requests first and then scroll down for their gifts.

Or yes, it could be that notifs take time to come through. Which happened once when I requested my brother for an item, but it didn't appear until a little while.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by KingdomNo735 View Post
    I don't have a lot of inactive neighbors. The reason why I keep my neighbor list short is so that I can keep track of who's active and who's not and not have to worry about sending out too many requests. I really don't think the problem is that I have inactive neighbors.
    Like I said, you need to find yourself some new neighbors because it?s obvious the ones you have aren?t helping you out.

Inactive neighbors don?t accept requests. Your requests aren?t being accepted. Therefore, yes. You do have inactive neighbors.

Executive Chef
    My recent experiment may not have revealed an actual reliable count, but I proved this (to my own satisfaction at least):

Most neighbors, even great ones, cannot respond to every request they get. The list of requests to either accept/decline in a person's news feed isn't infinite, and when goals get released, a high proportion of the players will be sending out requests--first for the random first step, then for first oven parts. So unless your neighbor is in the game pretty much right after you sent your request, that request is going to move further down the queue as all of her other neighbors make their requests. And then your request is going to get bumped out--possibly to pop back up a couple days later, possibly never to be seen again.

Like I said, a reliable number of how many requests will display hasn't been ascertained, but if your neighbors have lots of neighbors themselves, it's really not hard to imagine that your request was just not recent enough by the time they logged on. They're not inactive, nor are they being rude, they just never had the chance to respond.

But I too wish requests were above gifts!

Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    My recent experiment may not have revealed an actual reliable count, but I proved this (to my own satisfaction at least):

Most neighbors, even great ones, cannot respond to every request they get. The list of requests to either accept/decline in a person's news feed isn't infinite, and when goals get released, a high proportion of the players will be sending out requests--first for the random first step, then for first oven parts. So unless your neighbor is in the game pretty much right after you sent your request, that request is going to move further down the queue as all of her other neighbors make their requests. And then your request is going to get bumped out--possibly to pop back up a couple days later, possibly never to be seen again.

Like I said, a reliable number of how many requests will display hasn't been ascertained, but if your neighbors have lots of neighbors themselves, it's really not hard to imagine that your request was just not recent enough by the time they logged on. They're not inactive, nor are they being rude, they just never had the chance to respond.

But I too wish requests were above gifts!
    Ditto, twospoons! The "experiment" showed very definitively that often the fault is not with your neighbors, but with the game.