Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 04/12: Leaderboard - Beast Master | Monster Hunt season 12

I didn?t enjoy this type of events because I am not satisfied by finishing it.
    It feels that the winner is the one that pay the most money.

I always prefer the all players get same prizes events.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by nomadma View Post
    Certainly is all about energy, and I got schooled. 39 alicorns and waking up at night to make sure I used every bit wasn?t enough (not really the plan, just got too involved in the event, disturbed my sleep).
    My game is supposed to be for recreation. Seems to me it requires too much of my energy for an event with odds 90% against getting the big prize. I?m tired, grumpy and my resources are gone. I had 8670, good for 10 trade tickets. Top player had over 26000. Thats about enough fun for me.
    8670 for 10 trades tickets, so you were in 4th-6th?
    that's a lot of points...

I was in 4th with 3810, at 1 point I dropped to 9th as I didn't play on Sunday
    #6 in my group was about 500 points lesser than me

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by peachtreeshoppe View Post
    The survey looked basically the same as last time. I?m guessing they?re aggregating data and comparing event types/responses.

I?m impressed by how much better they?ve gotten at communicating how events work and what the prizes are.
    The last event we didn't know anything about the final prize until 24-36 hours before it ended. I'm not sure how that equates to "how much better they've gotten..."

Not meant to be rude, please don't read with a perceived attitude. It's just that I asked multiple times during the previous event what the end prize was and never got a response because no one knew! AND that event may have been the hardest one since I've been playing.

Rhino Keeper
    I used a boost about 45 minuets before the event ended. I watched my time carefully. The gems disappeared from my account but my points and my rank did not change. I finished the event at the same place (14) that I had been in all day. What a waste of my time and gems, even if only seven. If he boost wasn?t going to count at the end like that, the option should have been shut down. If it had worked, I would have been part of the next higher level.

I HATE LEADERBOARD EVENTS!!!!!!!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyFencer View Post
    I used a boost about 45 minuets before the event ended. I watched my time carefully. The gems disappeared from my account but my points and my rank did not change. I finished the event at the same place (14) that I had been in all day. What a waste of my time and gems, even if only seven. If he boost wasn?t going to count at the end like that, the option should have been shut down. If it had worked, I would have been part of the next higher level.

I HATE LEADERBOARD EVENTS!!!!!!!
    Did you not get double points for hits after you activated the boost? It doesnt work on previously earnt points.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom2ndMate View Post
    As I told S8 in the SurveyMonkey: The entire Castle Story storyline is about Young Ruler helping other characters. (It's the Baron, not Young Ruler, who always tries to beat everybody else.) This means that (cash-money-paying) humans that continue to play Castle Story (instead of switching to other games) tend to value cooperation, not competition. So events like Monster Hunts (where everybody can win); or Community Events (where not only can everybody win, we can help OTHER players win too); are far more popular that LeaderBoards. To be successful, S8 needs to offer distinctly different games to different player communities; instead of messing up Castle Story by adding events that don't match the core storyline.
    Spot on!!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCelestian View Post
    I made it very clear in the text part that I only liked the hunt and hated the LB and would not continue to play if they continued.
    I did give them feedback via free text but somewhat feel like it?s not as effective.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCelestian View Post
    I made it very clear in the text part that I only liked the hunt and hated the LB and would not continue to play if they continued.
    Yeah, the text boxes were pretty full after I had my say in the survey. Now I only hope that someone reads them and listens to our opinions. I made it clear that anymore LBs and I'm out. They’re the complete opposite of why I play CS.

Executive Chef
    And I got 3rd. Hahahaha. Well I did want the trade tickets only. So I?m happy with an extra 15. The major bonus is I got enough tokens for an Armoured Direwolf and a 2nd Armoured Ali. Only problem has been the milthril. I just need 2 more for the Ali.

Executive Chef
    Unfortunately there’s a glitchy time lag in registering points for deliveries with resulting lags in points registering on leaderboards. I also experienced multiple rollbacks in the final hours. I learn never to trust accuracy of what was on the board, was pipped on first place by a few points in the last LB event despite checking regularly and the final result showed I was in first place initially. Then later the leaderboard changed and I was second.

This LB event, the person in 4th has only 4 alicorns and a small kingdom but managed to jump 4000 points in the last half hour to 3rd. He/she left it rather late with the package purchases and only just missed out on second place. There was a difference of 1 place and 700 points (last minute package purchase) registering on what I saw as this person’s final score immediately when the event finished and what was later on the board.