Page 30 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 04/12: Leaderboard - Beast Master | Monster Hunt season 12

Executive Chef
    If you are going for as many gold tokens as you can craft for mystic research center creatures as most of us will be, it isn?t a practical idea to agree to a tie on the leaderboard for the Enfield. I don?t know anyone who will not keep hunting for golems till the last moment, I definitely will be as I?m so short of tokens after crafting my second armoured direwolf! There are the very few who have crafted their 4th armoured direwolf and all the alicorns/unicorns they are allowed to craft and maxed on tokens but even so, I would keep doing trades as the troll token trade gives a small chance of gems.
    Last edited by zoroak; 04-15-18 at 05:33 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Hey 3 times I've delivered beast sword and got points but in next instance lost points This happened to anyone else... It's 135 points and 12 hours of workshop time
    Queendom of Cool 😊
    Proud member of ⚔️TSS⚔️ #️⃣6️⃣7️⃣

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    I didn't hear back from anyone in my bracket either. I'm planning on contacting them once more, that way at least my conscience is clean. There's only so much we can do, either they're not reading their walls or they're not interested in the group win but I figure so long as we made the effort then our karmic balance shouldn't be affected...right?
    I know. But it?s frustrating because I want to gather more gold tokens, for more Ali?s but I?m sticking with my current 2300 total, for now. Others are fairly quickly catching up, so we?ll see how this plays out.
    Only play Castle Story daily, accepting new neighbours but do regularly check for obvious regular activity and delete non active neighbours. Will answer requests but don't visit all neighbours daily.

Want a confirmation button.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by comeseecomesah View Post
    So those not interested in leaderboard are MADE TO earn lb points from monster hunt and bump up the points so that those who really want 1st,2nd or whatever position have to compete more for it, and will possibly use gems to do it....very clever/crafty!
    The only way round it is to stop at 2300, and hope your fellow leaderboard players do the same, unfortunately you have to stop collecting gold troll tokens, but this is the conundrum s8 have given us.
    Only play Castle Story daily, accepting new neighbours but do regularly check for obvious regular activity and delete non active neighbours. Will answer requests but don't visit all neighbours daily.

Executive Chef
    I think at this stage just go for as many gold tokens as you can get. I think most players will understand.
    Things change a lot during the last few days, and that's when any agreements can be made.
    There's no reason to feel guilty. Just play your game.

Rhino Keeper
    The only way I get Mithril is if I craft in in the forge with silver. My mines haven?t dropped a piece in months. There is the option to trade at the royal exchange for a chance at mithril, but for me, I usually get adamant(not sure on spelling). So I feel ya. I?m not spending 400gems for a dragon either.

Note: This was supposed to be a reply to the people talking about needing mithril to craft the armored direwolf, but I didn’t click the right thing apparently, my brain is still asleep. No coffee yet.
    Last edited by wamboltia; 04-15-18 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Cause I’m still half asleep

Rhino Keeper

Question

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleScorpion76 View Post
    I know. But it?s frustrating because I want to gather more gold tokens, for more Ali?s but I?m sticking with my current 2300 total, for now. Others are fairly quickly catching up, so we?ll see how this plays out.
    I suspect that the strategy of stopping at 2300 won't work. For lots of players the big chance here has nothing to do with the leaderboard it's about maximising on gold coins and getting things with them, and that means fighting as many glimmer golems as possible along with the daily glimmer boar. I'll pass 2300 today. Quite a few others on the two leaderboards I'm on are well past that already. On my main game my goal is cooking camp - this going to take me a couple more hunts after this one to achieve - and on the other game I might end up with a couple of alicorns which will be fantastic.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonVillage3 View Post
    Mirthril remains a rarest drop.. as in the past Hunting Seasons.. except the only daily drop from whatever Mirthril Dragon you own, which certainly won't be a herd. How are we supposed to collect the 75 of these to get rid of an Armored Direboar craft?
    I'm convinced this strange Monster Hunt is to give an oppurnity on this craft.. BUT if Mirthril remains a rarEST drop.. and not coded much more frequently.. we won't be able to craft this time either!
    It's not a bottleneck and who collects often from the Mines move slowly ahead.. it's a dead end and ends there again.
    I have one mithril dragon and then three armored manticores. The armored manticores have been great at dropping mithril for me. I also get it sometimes from the fey courthouse. I did a lot of the trade that can drop mithril. The jeweler?s trade maybe? Can?t remember what it?s called now. The one with water and glimmer dust and jewels. Mithril is close to a guaranteed drop from that. I also spent a lot of my excess silver making mithril as well. I have gotten all 4 armored direwolfs now. I just had to keep chugging along to get all the mithril I needed.

Oh! And don?t forget the armored wyvern. If you haven?t crafted him then I would. He?s also great at dropping mithril.

Executive Chef
    @purple scorpion &annirasweets
    If after posting opponents' walls and no reply is received.. I see it's quite ok if you just play your own game and collect your tokens as there's not much time in which you can do so. It's quite probably that opponent is not interested in your proposal.. as during LB it's normal to check walls to see if anyone has left a contact, even if normally player would not.
    A couple of hunts ago.. I, like you posted walls with a tie proposal and got no answer. After-event I asked a player if my msg was not seen.. the answer was: I saw it, but wasn't interested. I just wanted to play my own game.. not ours, but, would have been brusk if I said so. Therefore it was easier not to acknowledge.

You can suggest.. but opponent just maybe doesn't agree and already planning their own strategy.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by EsmeW2 View Post
    I suspect that the strategy of stopping at 2300 won't work. For lots of players the big chance here has nothing to do with the leaderboard it's about maximising on gold coins and getting things with them, and that means fighting as many glimmer golems as possible along with the daily glimmer boar. I'll pass 2300 today. Quite a few others on the two leaderboards I'm on are well past that already. On my main game my goal is cooking camp - this going to take me a couple more hunts after this one to achieve - and on the other game I might end up with a couple of alicorns which will be fantastic.
    I think you?re right. But if things go to plan I won?t have as much time as usual over the next few days, anyway. By tomorrow I should know if it has worked. I should have only lost around 5?10 troll tokens, if they do keep moving. But I can keep moving with them. In a strange way if I make the decision now at least I shouldn?t be too disappointed if I don?t get the most amount of trade tickets available at the last minute. I can tap into the game fairly regularly so may be able to salvage something if it does go crazy. Weirdly usually these leaderboard events finish at a time that the UK can finish last thing before bed. And find out how you?ve been placed. So, I can devote the time to it if necessary.