I just took a survey and in one of the comments I made about short term goals I think was unclear. I think I?m a somewhat objective player with realistic views about what is reasonable and available to offer players in an app based game dependent on micro transactions. I asked for more short term goals to keep high level players motivated while we?re pounding through long term goals. When I opened my game and saw the monster baby goals and the upgrade building goals I realize I want to clarify that I do recognize the efforts of the developers to include more short term goals. I think the problem comes because there are so many types of players and everyone wants different things so it seems like no one is ever satisfied. You have the players who are tired of monster events and the players who want another monster event!

Most of the time it makes sense to plan events and storyline goals with the majority of the players in mind. However, if there was a line of short term goals that appealed to preferences of different types of players, it would be awesome. Right now I still have simple goals for upgraded buildings and for the animal/monster collections but I?m not especially interested in those. They are a great way to add those short term goals and I know there are players they appeal to. I?m a completionist and I?ll probably eventually finish them. But If there was something similar for the ?decorators,? for the ?expanders,? I would be pounding through those goals and using gems left and right!

I do buy gems and starter packs in CS, although it?s usually smaller bundles, because I feel like it helps me to support it?s continued development. I would happily spend money on gems for optional side quests. I would much rather spend money on additional gameplay than spend money to finish a timed event.

Just my two cents.