Thread: Lost all saved energy with weekend warrior

Fashion Designer

Lost all saved energy with weekend warrior

I had 450 some energy saved, finished part 2 of weekend warrior, my energy reset to 40. How can this be fixed, I want my hard earned energy back!!!!
    Stopped playing DS because of LB.

Please force close your game, I see you still have your 400+ energy.
    Storm8 Staff - PikaSquirrel
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!

New Resident
    I usually work Friday nights, but I got to do the weekend warrior on both my games and lost both sets. Is it only good for Friday night? If so , call it Friday night lite, not weekend warrior.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by bateleur View Post
    I usually work Friday nights, but I got to do the weekend warrior on both my games and lost both sets. Is it only good for Friday night? If so , call it Friday night lite, not weekend warrior.
    I had the same issue. I wasn?t finished with Goal 2 of Weekend Warrior last night before I went to bed, but the whole thing disappeared from my Goal Book by the time I woke up this morning. I could have sworn that it indicated that we had 3 days to complete. I won?t be wasting time or energy on this again, especially since I lost out on the energy for Goal 3 the last time. It simply never showed up. I force closed last week and it didn?t help.

Additionally, I don?t get the infinite energy for 10 minutes any more like I used to when infinite energy was involved. Apparently I get 40 at a time but I found out the last time that I had to use all of my energy before the 40 at a time, which cut into my 10 minutes considerably. I used to get the infinity symbol which counted down so I could see how much time I had left. With the 40/time, it seems like those of us unlucky enough to get that method for providing infinite energy, there is not any way to determine how much energy is remaining. I am sure I lose time and energy waiting for the refill and it seemed last time that the energy didn?t refill until the timer counted down to the next energy increase, which lost one energy right away. If it refilled immediately there wouldn?t be an issue, but I have to wait until everything is collected and then wait for a minute or two to refill. Of course, if the quest disappears before Saturday (without any indication that it was available for less than a day), it doesn?t matter how it is presented because there would be no time to finish it and receive the 10 minutes of energy. This is not a good thing. If the quest is limited to Friday night, that should be made clear from the start.

I am frustrated with this because it has shorted me significant energy twice in a row. Last week I completed the quest but received no energy for completing the quest, so that is 10 minutes lost. This week, I was mostly through the second level, but was short on energy so I went to bed assuming that the quest would be there this morning, so with losing out on both Goals 2 and 3, I missed an additional 20 minutes of energy. I am sure we don?t get refunds for this quasi infinite energy deal. It was a good idea when it first started, but now it is pretty much down to giving away energy I already have to get basically nothing to show for it. It seems to get worse every time.

Please S8, can you either fix this problem, stop offering Weekend Warrior, or make it very clear that you have to plow through without stopping to get anything better than the 40 energy that drops after completing the first goal? Additionally, as bateleur said, it should be renamed to Friday Night Warrior. I think that there must be a better way to offer this weekend quest. Having it last the actual weekend would be a good start. Then, if you could go back to the energy counter and have it show the time left in the infinity mode it would be much better. It would be even better if we could bank the infinite energy to be used later. Maybe not forever, but say within day 24 hours, with some indication that shows when the energy is available and how much longer it has to run.

Thanks S8. This game was starting to be worth playing again, after a long time of the game being secondary to the wonderful community, but this Weekend Warrior quest has some real issues that detract from the game experience. I hope that you will fix this. I have been quite pleased by the recent quests and events, but unfortunately the Weekend Warrior issue is tainting my enthusiasm again.

Note: I am playing on an iPhone 6S. Sorry I don?t have screenshots, but there is little if anything they would show since the problem is primarily a disappearance of the energy and the entire quest by Saturday morning.

Rhino Keeper
    That happened to me as well. I had collected from my all my daily Alicorns and had saved 138 energy. Completed the weekend warrior and all my saved energy gone. I did notice that instead of them giving you unlimited energy for ten minutes the energy bar resets it self to 40 ten times. This needs to be fixed or make sure you don't have any energy saved.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Your saved energy returns once you force close your game.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by 55lee55 View Post
    I had the same issue. I wasn?t finished with Goal 2 of Weekend Warrior last night before I went to bed, but the whole thing disappeared from my Goal Book by the time I woke up this morning. I could have sworn that it indicated that we had 3 days to complete. I won?t be wasting time or energy on this again, especially since I lost out on the energy for Goal 3 the last time. It simply never showed up. I force closed last week and it didn?t help.

...snip...

Last week I completed the quest but received no energy for completing the quest, so that is 10 minutes lost.

...snip...
    If you look closely, when the goal pops up in the goal book there is a 9 hour timer on the WW goals. Now, this is a timer that activates as soon as they release the goals on Friday, unlike other goals that don't activate until you've logged in. Sadly this means lots of people miss out because they're sleeping or simply don't log in at that time.

Many of us have found that in order to 'activate' (for a lack of better word) the unlimited energy we have to force close the game as soon as the goal says it's completed and then open the game again immediately. This usually takes about 30 to 45 seconds away from the 10 minutes but if we don't do that then we see no change in our energy.

There is a new WW thread over in the Discussion forum that you might want to check out, it has a bunch of tips and tricks to get the most out of your WW experience.