• Firapples

14 20.59%
  • Essence

9 13.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Hatch Day World Event **NEW POLL ADDED**

Rhino Keeper
    Is it just me or does anyone else find it a bit weird that the birthday cake decoration has a “1” candle and not a “6”...? :P

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by kat8rose View Post
    Can a moderator please check on this
    I didn't receive any points and could definitely use them. ( bad headaches been interrupting play time, ugh). Anyhow, perhaps it's a DS bday gift to us, and I didn't get them. I have had to force stop game to get balloon flower, so that's not a work around.

It's Saturday so I realize we may not get a fast answer, but I will take points anytime lol. Hoping it's a gift to us - HAPPY BIRTHDAY DRAGON STORY!

THANKS, MODS, looking forward to this answer ;---)

Good luck all
    I did not receive extra points. I will check on this.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Banned
    Thanks Kooky. I didn't get any points either.

Banned
    Got the banner this morning after I had collected from the farms, haven’t received extra points and my point tally is 1075 where it should be due to an unhealthy urge of trying to breed Neo Pixie!

Rhino Keeper
    No extra points here either. I have 639 o.O

I don't know if it's just me but I am finding it impossible to collect. I've spent so much money to get gold to get the extra items needed to recieve more dice, or more cards etc and I can't keep spending so much money to end up still needing so much more points to get the prize.

EG:

Neo Unicorn: 5078/20,000
    Neo Kitsune: 7671/20,000

With the others, I think it was Orbit and Universe? I ended up on 10k and 14k v.v

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    EDIT: Did we get extra points at some point overnight? When I did my first log-in this morning, the first pop-up I had was that I'd reached 1,000 points but since I was sleeping I have no idea how that happened!

I had someone check your game and no extra points were given in your game.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    Your post really made me think as I hadn't considered most of the reasons you brought up but I realize it's because I'm a bit of a lazy player. I participate in every event, sure; but I don't put any forethought into what I'll do for the event let alone the event after it. After reading your post I think I may have to start putting some real thought and effort into how I play the game. As it stands, I don't even change my daily play when events are happening. I plant the same crops and breed for whatever new dragon is available whether there is an event or not, the only real difference is that I check in more frequently for events/tourneys. I think I might look over the forum and see if I can find any ideas of how to plan for events since I clearly don't have any, lol.
    lol, yes, I play this game too seriously. Imagine what I could achieve if I used this focus and problem solving on something more meaningful in RL DS is really my one big vice, but I love it too much to give it up (I have tried and failed before).

The simplest preparation you can do is plant some long timer crops and eggs just before you anticipate a World Event. It effectively gives you one extra day's worth of points on the event. There's a bit of trial and error, since S8 don't publish the start of time for WEs, but some well placed guesses have served me well. Missing out on a few hundred food with a bad call is better than having to spend gold to finish a WE. Sometimes in the mornings, I don't always remember if I've set this up for an event, so I will usually move my farms around so that I don't automatically fall in the habit of collecting the food when an event is starting in a few hours. I use the same trick to remind myself that I have setup some crops for a Dragon Tales goal and I should time my farming. Same trick can be applied to remind yourself a breeding goal is coming up for a Dragon Tales.

I also time the crafting of my craftable dragons so that I can put some long hour eggs on the nests for this. I can usually setup one or two 20+ hour eggs ready to pop at the start of the world event. I almost never craft eggs when I have parts for them. I always craft them when I can use the eggs to prepare for an event. You have to watch out for the expiry of the dragons, so you don't miss out on them entirely. One trick is to craft it but not collect the egg when it's ready. That way you can craft the dragon before it expires, but save it for when you can use the egg to prepare for an event. You might miss out on several days of crafting marble keys, but I still have plenty of space on my island so it's not a concern for me.

As for my LB tricks, afraid I can't share those just yet
    Last edited by JustKay; 04-09-18 at 05:51 PM.
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Rhino Keeper
    Regarding the extra points: my one account that got the neo pixie took a delayed amount of time to register the 250 point bonus on hatching. Maybe that’s where it came from.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by harobeda View Post
    Regarding the extra points: my one account that got the neo pixie took a delayed amount of time to register the 250 point bonus on hatching. Maybe that’s where it came from.
    That's most likely what the issue was. Goodness knows I've been getting a terrible amount of rollbacks this week and long periods of choppiness and freezing. It's quite possible that I did receive the points before closing but they didn't show because of one of these reasons. The playability is getting so bad that it's a real chore for me to collect the points.

I had to plant the same crops 4 times yesterday before they finally took and then I made sure to keep the game open for several minutes afterward to ensure they stayed. But of course when I opened the game later I only had 3 out of 7 farms planted. It's getting so aggravating I'm thinking it might be time for a break from DS.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast