• Firapples

14 20.59%
  • Essence

9 13.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hatch Day World Event **NEW POLL ADDED**

Rhino Keeper
    Is this another impossible event with 3200 items required...with 3 hrs less to finish...just what is the point.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyn25 View Post
    I absolutely love both of the dragons in this event! Gorgeous design especially Neo Forest.
    I agree with you 100%, they are completely lovely and I'll actually make it a point to get them out of storage as soon as I get them.

However if they are moving up all the events and planning on having them every 7 days instead of 10 then perhaps they should alter the totals needed to reflect that. I was looking over the charts for the WE's of the past and it's crazy to see how much the points have jumped up over the years while the timeline has not. Fingers crossed!

Rhino Keeper
    Let’s see , breeding purple and pink yields over 20 different dragons, with commons, including 16 and 17 hour fails. And we need to get a super rare. What a pathetic waste of time.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by random59 View Post
    You can obtain Birthday Cards from The Tournament during this event!
    Yeah but why is no one questioning the switch over. Why didn't we receive them from the last tournament. How are we going to make it to the monthly dragon now? That's a loss of about 3000 points.i rreally want that neo unicorn. They just make up rukes as they go along. It says earn birthday cards from events. But only if and when they feel like it? Was that an error. Then give us the points we missed from tht event! Or an extra event, instead of cutting the month several days early!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by summersalt View Post
    Yeah but why is no one questioning the switch over. Why didn't we receive them from the last tournament. How are we going to make it to the monthly dragon now? That's a loss of about 3000 points.i rreally want that neo unicorn. They just make up rukes as they go along. It says earn birthday cards from events. But only if and when they feel like it? Was that an error. Then give us the points we missed from tht event! Or an extra event, instead of cutting the month several days early!
    I didn't even realize we didn't get the cards from the last tourney. I went through the entire thing but not once did it occur to me that I wasn't getting cards! I'll admit I was a bit preoccupied with the last event ending early and the time change of events but still...missing out on all those materials is a pretty big deal. Especially when the second dragon is always such a chore to craft.

I'm afraid I've grown a little lax and haven't been paying attention to what items I'm receiving, I'll have to try and pay more attention.

Host(ess)
    How much do you have to collect for neo forest?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RCShay View Post
    How much do you have to collect for neo forest?
    1800 lucky dice

Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    I agree with you 100%, they are completely lovely and I'll actually make it a point to get them out of storage as soon as I get them.

However if they are moving up all the events and planning on having them every 7 days instead of 10 then perhaps they should alter the totals needed to reflect that. I was looking over the charts for the WE's of the past and it's crazy to see how much the points have jumped up over the years while the timeline has not. Fingers crossed!
    Quote Originally Posted by summersalt View Post
    If they are shortening the events from 10 days to 7 days, then they are making room for a 4th event every month. The fact that the special "participation" dragons are still available for more than a month, means that new 4th event is going to be still for these same dragons. The neo unicorn is the juicy, sweetener carrot to make us play this new format. This could explain why they have put the world event (WE) after the leaderboard (LB) recently. They might be making the month cycle, leaderboard -> world event -> dragon tales -> world event. This wouldn't be the first time they did 4 events in a month. Once they did two LBs in a month (last halloween), so maybe they are testing whether having two WEs generates more sales. I know that I spend more gold on a WE than in a LB (100 gold guaranteed spend on the extra roost) these days, compared to a few 2x boosts at sale prices. There could be a few reasons why adding more WEs might be more profitable than an extra LB:

- having a world event come after an LB means that there is less time to prepare nests & eggs for a WE, which could generate more gold sales as people have to speed breed for the points, activate the extra roost or at least speed up breeding to keep nests constantly egged (on both WE events).
    - participation in LB's might be lower these days as people lose interest after several defeats or break a win streak or have spent their food/gold stockpile. less competition means that even those die hard must win players won't be spending as much to keep winning.
    - more people have figured out the tricks behind the LB so they are no longer as free spending as before. they now have methods of generating LB points quickly for less gold. i know that my own methods aren't as effective. In recent rounds I actually had to use up a lot of food to keep my win streak going.
    - WEs make people farm those longer duration fruits, which reduce total food production in a month. having half a month (2 weeks) of this instead of one third, would make a decent hit to everyone's food stocks. that means less free food for fighting leaderboards = more gold spent. less food also means harder dragon tales for some people.
    - putting a WE after an LB means that it's harder for players to lay down that perfect boosted finish since they have to consider the coming WE. This means more people will have to resort to using food to make that final milestone or win that prize.
    - with shorter event durations, there is less time to line up those points boosting sets and less room for error. if you get behind you'll have to spend gold to catchup again. this is most prevalent in WE than in LB where the spin wheel helps keep players in the running.
    - there might be a noticeable impact or lots of complaints if you run two leaderboards in both DS and FFS at the same time. people only have so much time and money.

That might also explain why they are reusing more past dragons as milestone prizes as in a month there will be more of these milestone prizes, and their designers need to generate one more events worth of new dragons.

This could also explain why we don't get bday cards from tournaments. The cards would have gotten from these tournaments are now going to be goal prizes for that 4th event. They could also be testing different variations, or might even randomise the order of future events to keep us guessing and make preparing for a future LB or WE harder.
    Last edited by JustKay; 04-07-18 at 02:12 PM.
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Nightclub Owner
    @JustKay, thanks for your amazing post. All of your ideas are very well thought out and make a lot of sense as to why S8 is switching things around this month and what they might be thinking. But unfortunately we'll probably never know the actual reasons why they're making such changes as communication has never been their strong suit.

Wouldn't it be nice if S8 would just pop in the forum and tell us when they're changing things around? I was really pleased when they commented on the shortened timeline of the last event since my number one issue with them is lack of communication. I'd be much more accepting of their random changes to the rules and overall set up if they'd just have the courtesy to let us know that the change was coming instead of us finding out on our own and having to guess if it's a glitch or not, ya know?

Your post really made me think as I hadn't considered most of the reasons you brought up but I realize it's because I'm a bit of a lazy player. I participate in every event, sure; but I don't put any forethought into what I'll do for the event let alone the event after it. After reading your post I think I may have to start putting some real thought and effort into how I play the game. As it stands, I don't even change my daily play when events are happening. I plant the same crops and breed for whatever new dragon is available whether there is an event or not, the only real difference is that I check in more frequently for events/tourneys. I think I might look over the forum and see if I can find any ideas of how to plan for events since I clearly don't have any, lol.

EDIT: Did we get extra points at some point overnight? When I did my first log-in this morning, the first pop-up I had was that I'd reached 1,000 points but since I was sleeping I have no idea how that happened!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post

EDIT: Did we get extra points at some point overnight? When I did my first log-in this morning, the first pop-up I had was that I'd reached 1,000 points but since I was sleeping I have no idea how that happened!
    Can a moderator please check on this
    I didn't receive any points and could definitely use them. ( bad headaches been interrupting play time, ugh). Anyhow, perhaps it's a DS bday gift to us, and I didn't get them. I have had to force stop game to get balloon flower, so that's not a work around.

It's Saturday so I realize we may not get a fast answer, but I will take points anytime lol. Hoping it's a gift to us - HAPPY BIRTHDAY DRAGON STORY!

THANKS, MODS, looking forward to this answer ;---)

Good luck all

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast