Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Neo Glacial Tournament, (elemental, white, blue) 36 rounds, April 6, 2018

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by skyharbor602 View Post
    Something's telling my to suggest a high level Air dragon for you. If your Air is 15, try him.
    I agree, the b-day cards are an incentive to play these tourneys but, for me, it's the fun of beating dragons and helping out on the forums. I say why not spread the wealth.
    My Air is still at level 10. I remember reading in the last tournament, you mentioned something along the lines that the single colours work well for you under certain circumstances and it is relatively cheap to raise them to level 15. So, keeping that in mind, I am planning to raise my Fire, Air, Water, and Forest to level 15 (and for strategic reasons, I save all that type of feeding until Leaderboard events).

The other level 15s I currently have are Rainbow Sentinel, Battlesteed, Gilded Knight, Huntress, Divine, Pyramid, Valiant, Diamond, and Gold Horizon. Generally, under "normal" battle conditions against Champions, my L15 Passion almost always wins on the first attempt and definitely on the second attempt. Under what I term "rigged" conditions where I know an extra difficulty factor has been thrown in, Passion won't be much good. For example, my first battle with Congo L20 back on 19-Jan, my Passion lost to it five straight times and I eventually took it down on the third attempt of using Infinity. My Passion's H2H to date with Congo L20 is pretty poor (i.e. 1-8).

My high-level dragons with yellow as a component are: Sunlight 14, Curio 14, Mage 14, Chronicler 14, Light Mother 12, Maple 13, Dusk 13, Music 13, King 12, Thoughtful 12, Adventure 12, and Surprise 12. Any suggestions as which other dragons to try?

Banned
    I'd say try Light Mother first then try an unusual dragon, something you think wouldn't beat Congo like your level 10 Air. Sometimes off the wall dragon picks can be real effective against champions.

Fashion Designer
    Ding Ding Ding! Agreed 100% on this! I've been suggesting a Diamond/Metal hybrid or Diamond/Fairytale hybrid for the longest.
    OMG Diamond/Fairytale! It should totally be a Fairy Queen or something like that with tons of crystals.

Rhino Keeper
    I'd say try Light Mother first then try an unusual dragon, something you think wouldn't beat Congo like your level 10 Air. Sometimes off the wall dragon picks can be real effective against champions.
    Thanks for the suggestions! Light Mother almost got him. Will try Air next and then my usual L1 Fire trick whilst my Diamond L15s are healing, etc. Now up to seven straight losses against my new nemesis Congo. My previous nemesis like this was Glasswing. It took me 14 fights to win Congo L20 back in January.

Nightclub Owner
    Round 25's Black Knight really has it out for my dragons which is a bit ironic since BK's usually my number one fighter in tourneys. I've used all my go-to dragons plus a few Hail Mary's but still no joy. Now after too many tries I've resorted to literally scrolling through and randomly choosing a dragon without looking, surely one of my dragons can take him down.
    Last edited by AnnirasSweets; 04-09-18 at 05:19 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    My Passion 14 got Black Knight with a single bash. I had 4 losses prior to that.

Rhino Keeper
    Finally got the pesky L20 Congo with Passion (on her 4th attempt). As I wrote on this forum for the previous tournament, the pattern has been that pretty much every other tournament, I get pitted against a super difficult dragon (which I have termed "rigging" where the normal odds/percentage of winning is significantly reduced, i.e. a difficulty factor put into the game code obviously to encourage us to Ultimate out). When this happens, in my experiences, it doesn't really matter what dragon is used in the arena, and eventually persistence wins out. So, this example is typical of what happens. The round took 18 attempts to win, whilst previous to this round, I was sailing along at 33-4. My results for this round are as follows:
    Passion L15 25% 1bbb, 5mbb, 12bmm, bB
    Infinity L15 25% 2mbb, 13bmb
    Achilles L15 25% 3mbb, 15bbb
    Diamond L15 25% 4mbm
    Chronicler L14 10% 6bbb
    Light Mother L12 10% 7bmb
    Air L10 10% 8bbb
    Fire L7 10% 9bbb, 11bmm
    Wooden L1 10% 10bbb
    Light L1 10% 14mbb
    Nyx L1 10% 16bbm
    Pyramid L15 10% 17bbb

This one caused extra frustration as I am also playing Bingo after a long hiatus (to win some boosts) and need to get into some of the battle tasks to finish my current card and have been spending gold to boot for some of the events! Didn't want to Ultimate out though.

Well, only 2 more dragons to go now and hopefully, I will cruise through them along with tending to the long line in the spa!
    Last edited by KevinW07; 04-09-18 at 11:53 AM.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    Round 25's Black Knight really has it out for my dragons which is a bit ironic since BK's usually my number one fighter in tourneys. I've used all my go-to dragons plus a few Hail Mary's but still no joy. Now after too many tries I've resorted to literally scrolling through and randomly choosing a dragon without looking, surely one of my dragons can take him down.
    Just wanted to pop back and say we finally managed to kick BK's butt out of the tourney! I have a list of all the dragons I tried to take him down. It's a rough read and I'm baffled that it took me so long and so many good dragons to finally win.

First I use my go-to fighters: Fire, Air, Water, Forest (both baby& epic) Passion (adult & baby), Black Knight (x2), Rainbow Sentinel (x2), Diamond Horn, Warrior Queen, Diamond, and Light Mother all defeated!

Now I start with my hail mary's that have worked wonders in the past tourneys: Spirit Queen, Landworm, Creator, Dark Omen, Marshmallow, Neo Bat, Noel, and Empress...all hang their head in shame as they queue at the Spa.

Finally, I'm desperately trying randos: Light, Devil, Melody, Midnight, Little Hero, and Archangel level 6 finally took him out!

If I didn't have so few rounds left, I'd probably honestly sit out the tourney after this ridiculousness but since I'm more than halfway there I'll soldier through.

Fashion Designer
    All the champs are hurting me this time around

Fashion Designer
    I've loss to Hera 20 more than a dozen times now, using all appropriate coloured opponents, many of which are level 14. Ridiculous is definitely the word of the day

Wishing us all some better luck!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast