Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Neo Glacial Tournament, (elemental, white, blue) 36 rounds, April 6, 2018

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by sipland View Post
    I've loss to Hera 20 more than a dozen times now, using all appropriate coloured opponents, many of which are level 14. Ridiculous is definitely the word of the day

Wishing us all some better luck!!
    It always blows my mind when some tourney opponents are virtually unbeatable and we have to battle dozens of times with them. It's not like the prize dragon is an Ultra Rare Champion type or anything, ya know?

I've just finished with Congo; it was looking like he was going to be another BK fiasco for me but I was pleasantly surprised when he went down after only 6 tries. Passion, Forbidden, Diamond, Fruition and Soccer all lost but my level 3 Forgefather came in and wiped Congo out with one super B and a little m to push him over the edge.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    It always blows my mind when some tourney opponents are virtually unbeatable and we have to battle dozens of times with them. It's not like the prize dragon is an Ultra Rare Champion type or anything, ya know?

I've just finished with Congo; it was looking like he was going to be another BK fiasco for me but I was pleasantly surprised when he went down after only 6 tries. Passion, Forbidden, Diamond, Fruition and Soccer all lost but my level 3 Forgefather came in and wiped Congo out with one super B and a little m to push him over the edge.
    Glad to hear you're moving on! I'm hoping to get past Hera today ... I think I can stay up for another 1 or 2 attempts.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sipland View Post
    Glad to hear you're moving on! I'm hoping to get past Hera today ... I think I can stay up for another 1 or 2 attempts.
    I've been stuck on Hera ....not normally a problem !

12 attempts later I've won with gemstone and red .....4 attempt with that combo !
    Last edited by pernmagic; 04-10-18 at 07:19 AM.
    Pern magic L200 dragons623+
    Champs, Valiant L15 Rainbow Sentinel L 15, Guilded knight, Spirit Warrior, Highlander L15, Inquisitor, Sharman, Guardian Angel L12 , Warrior King ,Warrior princess, Chariot, warrior Prince + others
    Diamond hybrids, Diamond, Valiant, Angel, Crusader, Helios , Quentzal , Gold, astromancer, Mercury , Infinity, Unicorn ,Prism, Dark Angel, Black diamond and others
    Gold producing 10 L10

Rhino Keeper

This is not surprising to me (as can be alluded to in my earlier post). I believe this to be a regular occurrence for all players that once in every two or three tournaments, they are presented with usually a high-level tournament dragon where the odds of winning are significantly decreased (presumably as a way to compel players to spend gold to Ultimate out). Thank goodness that this appears to happen only once in the tournament when it occurs. When this happens, I usually just cycle through my go-to dragons (using whichever guide you have reference to) and throw in level 1 Fires (or other dragons that have hatched that I want to sell off) in between battles to give time for my go-to dragons to heal in the Healing Spring.

I finally finished this tournament with at 36-21 win/loss record which is worse than the first 36 round tournament I played in last year with a 36-19 record. 17 losses can be attributed to the Round 34 L20 Congo! As I mentioned before, I'm not a fan of 36 round tournaments where invariably a "rigged" ultra difficult tourney dragon is thrown into the mix.

Good luck with the rest of your tourney. I'm glad I finished it (really just to collect the B-Day cards).

Fashion Designer
    I'm really just in this one for the birthday cards as well. Sunlight 14 finally took down that beast Hera! Passion 15 took down Paladin on its second attempt and I'm hoping the rest of this tourney won't be too painful.

Congrats to the winners, may the rest of us join you soon!

Fashion Designer
    I got Paladin with lvl 10 firestorm after at least dozen losses with diamond, passion, and others. Hope it helps someone.

Fashion Designer
    Thanks so much for the idea! Forgefather (lvl 14) squashed Congo for me as well

FINALLY finished the tournament. After numerous losses against Congo, I eventually won with Toothy(fairytale,black and white-Bm).
    For Prime Loyal and Neo Glacius, I used Apprentice(blue and purple) on BOTH using (Bm).

Congratz to all who were able to finish and good luck to those who are still battling...

Time to get back to healing the long line of dragons that are patiently waiting for the spa...

Fashion Designer
    I got done but the queue was super long for the spa afterwords. Like others Congo was by far the most difficult as I expected given how late in the tourney it was.

I'm stuck on Eco and I'm going insane.
    Island Name: Dra***
    Level: 71
    Leaderboards won: Cosmic Heights & The Party's Started

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast