Thread: Please bring back the trees around our kingdoms

Fashion Designer

Please bring back the trees around our kingdoms

For a game where the graphics have been so important, taking away the trees has a massive impact on the look of kingdoms that are fully expanded.

Please bring them back.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by cavegirl1 View Post
    For a game where the graphics have been so important, taking away the trees has a massive impact on the look of kingdoms that are fully expanded.

Please bring them back.
    I agree it's part of the bad update

Fashion Designer
    My concern is that they said the new update was to fix performance issues on older devices. If part of that fix is to reduce the amount of graphics by getting rid of background trees, then I would prefer they look at other options.

I am hoping (fingers, everything crossed) that, as part of testing performance, a developer removed some of the background images to see if it made any difference and 'forgot' to put them back.

And so it could be a simple fix ...

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by cavegirl1 View Post
    My concern is that they said the new update was to fix performance issues on older devices. If part of that fix is to reduce the amount of graphics by getting rid of background trees, then I would prefer they look at other options.

I am hoping (fingers, everything crossed) that, as part of testing performance, a developer removed some of the background images to see if it made any difference and 'forgot' to put them back.

And so it could be a simple fix ...
    My game runs worse now then it did before , the only good thing is the bright lights are gone That tell us our forge or kitchen needs collecting ,

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by katbtodd View Post
    My game runs worse now then it did before , the only good thing is the bright lights are gone That tell us our forge or kitchen needs collecting ,
    It's ridiculous that s8 claims this update was so that older devices would run smoother, but reading through all the posts...it's the people with older devices that are having the most trouble. That goes beyond circular logic, in my mind at least.

I'm not a fan of the lack of foliage either and see no point in it. I always thought that it was all the animated items on our boards that caused slow loading and lag, not the stationary background images so why remove the thing that takes up less memory? But what do I know?

I'm wondering...Do you mean your craft collection light is now gone altogether or merely that it is easier to see through? I ask because while I have missing trees around my realm, my collection lights are still there shining away, distracting me and generally annoying me.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    It's ridiculous that s8 claims this update was so that older devices would run smoother, but reading through all the posts...it's the people with older devices that are having the most trouble. That goes beyond circular logic, in my mind at least.

I'm not a fan of the lack of foliage either and see no point in it. I always thought that it was all the animated items on our boards that caused slow loading and lag, not the stationary background images so why remove the thing that takes up less memory? But what do I know?

I'm wondering...Do you mean your craft collection light is now gone altogether or merely that it is easier to see through? I ask because while I have missing trees around my realm, my collection lights are still there shining away, distracting me and generally annoying me.
    The bright lights are gone
    I have nothing ready or I would take a picture

Fashion Designer
    Mine too. I'd be very happy if they went!

Executive Chef

The collection lights, at least on my game have totally disappeared, they don't exist anymore but I'm happy with this new feature as was always difficult to see what was lying under. Buildings ready to collect are indicated with the usual 'check' sign.
    Surrounding trees are gone as well. Those I miss. Without them the kingdom looks exposed, without protection, instead of being snuggled into the forest. It's no longer Glimmer Wood. It's now Glimmer Plain.
    I guess taking out every unnecessary pixel makes the game lighter to run and store, and not only, gives the possibility to add and expand more.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonVillage3 View Post
    The collection lights, at least on my game have totally disappeared, they don't exist anymore but I'm happy with this new feature as was always difficult to see what was lying under. Buildings ready to collect are indicated with the usual 'check' sign.
    Surrounding trees are gone as well. Those I miss. Without them the kingdom looks exposed, without protection, instead of being snuggled into the forest. It's no longer Glimmer Wood. It's now Glimmer Plain.
    I guess taking out every unnecessary pixel makes the game lighter to run and store, and not only, gives the possibility to add and expand more.
    See I don't understand this at all. I've updated just the same as you because I no long have woods surrounding my realm but I've still got those dang light beams. Why are we getting different results for the same updates? This is frustrating. It seems that I got a version of the update that's all negative whereas others were given some good changes to balance it out. What gives?