Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Dragon: The Party's Starting Leaderboard - Starts March 30 2018

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    Food is the mystery factor. It's impossible to guess how much food they have stocked up and how much gold they have to spend. Gold can be used to buy food in an emergency situation. You might think that 8000 is a lot, but in food that's just about 2 million food. The previous leader board to this one, I had a tough battle at the end and used up close to 3.5 million in food in just the last 20 minutes! Those L14 dragons are hungry! I still have several millions more and I'm sure there are plenty of players out there with equally large stock piles. When leader boards switched to allowing you to earn points from feeding, I stopped feeding dragons outside of leaderboards. So did many other people. That was almost 2 years ago. There are going to be a lot of people sitting on very large food stockpiles in this game! Then throw in the rich kids which will spend real money for gold to be used for food and they could effectively have infinite food. In the early days of the leaderboard, people were reporting players getting upwards of 100000 points very early on in the event.
    How do you manage to get so much food?? My poor dragons are always starving!

Rhino Keeper
    Why sometimes the events in this game end like 10 minutes early or just earlier than they say they would? I am sure I'm not the only one with this problem because I've read similar comments here. I just opened the game like 10 or 15 minutes prior to the finish time to get some more points and try to get the dragon and surprise! The event was already finished. I would actually like to get a real response, I don't even know if this has been asked to the creators of the game or tried to be solved (which I doubt), but this can't be a bug, not for the very long time it's been happening. But I won't fool myself and I will asume that I will get ignored as I always get when I talk about a problem the game has.

Rhino Keeper
    I saw an interesting discrepancy with the timer of the leaderboard as well. I had my phone and tablet on at the same time as the timer was running down so I could get last minute points and noticed that the timers were different on both devices. The phone ended before the tablet.

Banned
    The Party's Over now I guess, lol.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyn25 View Post
    How do you manage to get so much food?? My poor dragons are always starving!
    If you limit which dragons you feed and only feed certain ones when necessary (ie for Tales, event-specific ones for points), then you’ll eventually accumulate crops, bit by bit. It also depends how frequently you play. I play quite often so my crops had amassed over 6 million before the LB event started.

I was around 6th place in the final 24hrs mark, which I don’t mind at all, but due to the countdown timer issue and the extra points that were handed out, I used a boost solely to get the personal milestones. I don’t normally go for the top LB prizes anymore because the competition just stresses me way out now, but seeing as the points had boosted me up, I decided to go for 2nd place.

I only decide this on the fly because there’s nothing worse than trying to compete against other people who go aggressively nuts at the end, (or even much earlier at that) and if you wind up in 3rd place you get such a booby prize (trophy but no dragon, which imo, is so not worth the effort/gold spent/etc). Especially with how many crops you could potentially waste, only to come up ‘empty-handed’.

So I’ll see how I’m doing and feed some of my food-demanding dragons, which does get crops-pricey with Tales following soon after, blabla. This LB dragon wasn’t even one that I especially cared for compared to a few others that I was never able to go up against getting, but I’m still happy with putting the extra effort to get her!

A massive amount of crops or speeding up processes with gold can be the case for many other players, especially IAP players which is a great factor in regards to points jumping by the thousands. Especially with years of experience working within the gaming industry, you see a lot in regards to player statistics and the insane amount that some people pay for their items, so I never assume anything is ‘fishy’, because it can simply come down to people who are paying versus people who aren’t.

It sucks that this is the route S8 has now focused towards, but oh well. Seems to work for their goals of money-making!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    Amen!
    I second that!
    Hear, Hear.
    And any/every other idiom(s) that make the point that I concur 100%.
    I agree. I have a ton of dragons I want, like dragons in the market. I go crazy seeing dragons I want and need to collect them and We can't breed them. I'm disabled and I can't afford dragons or any game items.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910