• I bought the Woodland Rider and didn't finish

5 1.86%
  • No other gems spent and did finish

40 14.87%
  • No other gems spent and didn't finish

43 15.99%
  • Couldn't get past goal 11 - too many requirements

105 39.03%
  • I didn't use any gems at all (not even on W/Rider)

98 36.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 94 of 94 FirstFirst ... 44849091929394

Thread: Castle Story: 03/29 - War of the Woodlands event | Woodland Rider

Quote Originally Posted by skruffi23 View Post
    I think the reason there were different requirements for level 50 players was because some have the Love Shack, & therefore many Alicorns (up to 99) and others who started playing after that event don't have the same opportunity to obtain extra energy, so it's much harder for them to complete events. I've been playing daily for about 2 1/2 years and only managed to get 2 wedding Alicorns (bought one with gems) the pastel Alicorn, a pink unicorn. I've never received a freebie Alicorn from the hundreds of videos I've watched & have only got 8 gold runes after hundreds of Elven trades so can't buy a rainbow Alicorn. I have got 2 wizard schools. So I do have access to some extra energy, but it would be a luxury to have 30 or more Alicorns like many players do. In light of this is it unreasonable for those who have access to lots of extra energy to have higher requirements than those who don't?
    But that isn’t the way they did it.

I do not have the love shack, but I do have quite a few daily Alis and several weekly energy sources. So, no issues with energy, yet I had lower requirements. I have a neighbor with less energy sources, also has no love shack, and yet they had higher requirements. There is really no rhyme or reason to the difference in requirements for this quest, except maybe as an experiment to see how many players would spend and how many would just give up. I do not believe this was done in an effort at fairness.

In my opinion, it actually would be unreasonable, or at least unethical, to penalize players who have played longer, or spent more money on the game, just because that gives them an advantage. That is the whole point of the game....to build the kingdom. And growing the kingdom eventually, and inevitably, gives longer term players an advantage. If the prize is the same for all, the requirements to earn it should be the same for all..... with the exception of lower lever players, and there are already different requirements in place for lower level players.

Ps. I totally agree that it is very wrong and unfair that newer players do not have the same opportunity to get extra energy sources that older players had. I don’t necessarily mean the love shack, I am talking about the new lower minimum energy drops from the new daily alicorns and unicorns. The older ones give a minimum of 4, but all the new ones are minimum 2. That is just wrong, and will definitely hurt newer players in the long run, as they will need twice as many daily alis to get the exact same benefit.
    Last edited by PrincessCupOButter; 04-15-18 at 09:53 AM.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Page 94 of 94 FirstFirst ... 44849091929394