• I bought the Woodland Rider and didn't finish

5 1.86%
  • No other gems spent and did finish

40 14.87%
  • No other gems spent and didn't finish

43 15.99%
  • Couldn't get past goal 11 - too many requirements

105 39.03%
  • I didn't use any gems at all (not even on W/Rider)

98 36.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 93 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 03/29 - War of the Woodlands event | Woodland Rider

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvernomiko View Post
    No, I'm level 28.

I posted before, but here's all my info: Android 2.1.0.1 level 28, 1853 royal points, 1 recently crafted Alicorn. No other energy sources. No gem spending on speeding things up.
    Okay, that makes sense then that you would only have to craft 1 Armor whereas the higher levels had to craft 2.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    Okay, that makes sense then that you would only have to craft 1 Armor whereas the higher levels had to craft 2.
    Okey then. So we had for higher level gamers: low and higher reqs. And we have for lower level a separate requirements. Did the lower level gamers have 2 different sets of reqs as well? I honestly have lost track.

Executive Chef
    I did finish event, before time, bought Walker full-price, had lower requirements, longtime L50, senior player. BUT even though my positive outcome of this event, as I consider this is a survey, would like to add my points.

....I bought the Woodland Walker as have collected all the walkers.. but did consider the price much too high for an object which after-event is useless and not donating anything toward the kingdom permanently.

....I considered the event was too time consuming and requirements excessive for 'leisure' playtime. Continuous all day hours of play was needed to fullfill requirements, making play compulsory, stressing, instead of relax and pleasure.

....I'm in the category of players with more time and I do understand who has more time to play gets further in the game, but when playtime has to be major than vital and basic necessities of living time (that is simple: sleep/ preparing meals/ consuming meals/ family/ housework/ daily chores) everything becomes obsessive, thus effecting me in stress, which is not desirable.

....I fully agree lower requirements for lower level kingdoms, but ALL higher level kingdoms should have the exact same requirements. This events' differences, even if was favorable to me, did cause undesirable feelings and discussions, thus, not uniting players to helping each other toward the same identical goal. CS is not a battling against each other game.. which, I would not have chosen, nor played all these years.

....Being a longtime senior player, I expect my favorite game to keep me company in my leisure hours, not to challenge me beyond obsessions, nor hinder daily living nor become an obligation. Real Life already presents these negatives. Only something interesting is required without stress.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Executive Chef
    18 shields of 3 blocks and beams each. That alone is too much time to be fun...

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonVillage3 View Post
    I did finish event, before time, bought Walker full-price, had lower requirements, longtime L50, senior player. BUT even though my positive outcome of this event, as I consider this is a survey, would like to add my points.

....I bought the Woodland Walker as have collected all the walkers.. but did consider the price much too high for an object which after-event is useless and not donating anything toward the kingdom permanently.

....I considered the event was too time consuming and requirements excessive for 'leisure' playtime. Continuous all day hours of play was needed to fullfill requirements, making play compulsory, stressing, instead of relax and pleasure.

....I'm in the category of players with more time and I do understand who has more time to play gets further in the game, but when playtime has to be major than vital and basic necessities of living time (that is simple: sleep/ preparing meals/ consuming meals/ family/ housework/ daily chores) everything becomes obsessive, thus effecting me in stress, which is not desirable.

....I fully agree lower requirements for lower level kingdoms, but ALL higher level kingdoms should have the exact same requirements. This events' differences, even if was favorable to me, did cause undesirable feelings and discussions, thus, not uniting players to helping each other toward the same identical goal. CS is not a battling against each other game.. which, I would not have chosen, nor played all these years.

....Being a longtime senior player, I expect my favorite game to keep me company in my leisure hours, not to challenge me beyond obsessions, nor hinder daily living nor become an obligation. Real Life already presents these negatives. Only something interesting is required without stress.
    You said it so well. I had the higher requirements, I have lots of time to play and it was so hard. I can’t imagine people who have demanding jobs and busy lives come home and be like “ yes, this is how I want to unwind and relax”, no way.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by CharmOfLea View Post
    Okey then. So we had for higher level gamers: low and higher reqs. And we have for lower level a separate requirements. Did the lower level gamers have 2 different sets of reqs as well? I honestly have lost track.
    LOL, I think all the lower levelers had the same requirements. If they didn't, none of them posted that info where I saw it, but at this point nothing would surprise me about this train wreck of an event. I can't remember ever having so much trouble understanding the mechanics of an event before in the history of CS. I almost want to skip this next event, just to rest my brain.

Rhino Keeper
    I'm glad S8 have done that survey to give a chance for all players to give feedback. Lots of players won't be using the forum and the number commenting here or doing the surveys is small in comparison to how many people play overall.

I'm also confused about the requirements. I thought I'd had all of the lower level requirements on my second game, but did some players only need to make one armour? That would have made a big difference as it was that bit that was the ****er due to needing so much nectar. I'd managed to use the weekend warrior boosts to do all of the rock and tree chopping I needed, so that even with limited energy sources, these weren't a problem (Being in the UK I did have to wake up at 6am to do this!)

Now that it's all over I'm grateful that we've got some nice looking and small items to leave out. The graphics were great. There have been some really good looking things produced recently. And since the next event looks like another little critters one I'm going to be happy to sit it out.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by EsmeW2 View Post
    I'm glad S8 have done that survey to give a chance for all players to give feedback. Lots of players won't be using the forum and the number commenting here or doing the surveys is small in comparison to how many people play overall.

I'm also confused about the requirements. I thought I'd had all of the lower level requirements on my second game, but did some players only need to make one armour? That would have made a big difference as it was that bit that was the ****er due to needing so much nectar. I'd managed to use the weekend warrior boosts to do all of the rock and tree chopping I needed, so that even with limited energy sources, these weren't a problem (Being in the UK I did have to wake up at 6am to do this!)

Now that it's all over I'm grateful that we've got some nice looking and small items to leave out. The graphics were great. There have been some really good looking things produced recently. And since the next event looks like another little critters one I'm going to be happy to sit it out.
    Only the lower level players needed one armor for the final goal and not many of them posted in the forum so we're not 100% clear on those facts.

Rhino Keeper
    I finished this event just because I made an in-app purchase but I am not happy with the final reward. I wish it had been a white alicorn giving 40 energy per week instead, or something that drops 5 minutes of unlimited energy per week.

Energy seems to be the bottleneck and therefore the main currency in this game.

Host(ess)
    I think the reason there were different requirements for level 50 players was because some have the Love Shack, & therefore many Alicorns (up to 99) and others who started playing after that event don't have the same opportunity to obtain extra energy, so it's much harder for them to complete events. I've been playing daily for about 2 1/2 years and only managed to get 2 wedding Alicorns (bought one with gems) the pastel Alicorn, a pink unicorn. I've never received a freebie Alicorn from the hundreds of videos I've watched & have only got 8 gold runes after hundreds of Elven trades so can't buy a rainbow Alicorn. I have got 2 wizard schools. So I do have access to some extra energy, but it would be a luxury to have 30 or more Alicorns like many players do. In light of this is it unreasonable for those who have access to lots of extra energy to have higher requirements than those who don't?