• I bought the Woodland Rider and didn't finish

5 1.86%
  • No other gems spent and did finish

40 14.87%
  • No other gems spent and didn't finish

43 15.99%
  • Couldn't get past goal 11 - too many requirements

105 39.03%
  • I didn't use any gems at all (not even on W/Rider)

98 36.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 92 of 94 FirstFirst ... 428288899091929394 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 03/29 - War of the Woodlands event | Woodland Rider

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CharmOfLea View Post
    Hold on. What? For lower reqs it was 1 armor for the knight?? I hadn?t caught that. Woah, that is too much of a difference. Why don?t we don?t why this was?
    In my Goal 11 requirements, it stated: 2 Cannons, 4 Chainmail, 1 Armor. My armor still required 4 chainmail, 4 woodland fur, 5 woodland shields. I had slightly different goals than any of the stated ones on the front page of this event.

However, I ABSOLUTELY would never have finished if it was 2 armors. I barely finished this goal with MINUTES to spare at 1 armor.

Farm Supplier
    I just finished. My categories were not represented in the poll. I did not buy the walker. I only used gems to speed up a set of flowers for nectar, to speed the last three crafts, and speeding OT’s house. I figured I got the gems by watching videos so they were free anyway. I was so close to finishing step 11 that I just didn’t want to drop it. I didn’t enjoy the event. It was pretty ho-hum. Even though it was a fairly easy event, the amounts needed for step 11 were just too much and the nectar drops were abysmal. I may sit out the next event unless the prizes are truly spectacular. I’m not really sure why I felt the need to finish this one except to complete the ‘set’.

((I thought I posted this about four hours ago, but came back and see it’s still here waiting for me. Oops.))

Quote Originally Posted by Silvernomiko View Post
    In my Goal 11 requirements, it stated: 2 Cannons, 4 Chainmail, 1 Armor. My armor still required 4 chainmail, 4 woodland fur, 5 woodland shields. I had slightly different goals than any of the stated ones on the front page of this event.

However, I ABSOLUTELY would never have finished if it was 2 armors. I barely finished this goal with MINUTES to spare at 1 armor.
    I?m super happy for you. Glad you made it. May I ask, do you have a suspicion what caused you to have slightly different tasks? In my hands it was about 2 days to make 1 armor. You can?t just put about 2 days additionally on ppl at random, S8. So many didn?t make it. How is that even.. Whoa.

Rhino Keeper
    I?m super happy for you. Glad you made it. May I ask, do you have a suspicion what caused you to have slightly different tasks? In my hands it was about 2 days to make 1 armor. You can?t just put about 2 days additionally on ppl at random, S8. So many didn?t make it. How is that even.. Whoa.
    Thank you but it's definitely bittersweet because clearly this Quest line was criminally unfair due to the requirement disparities (so many people who've played this game for WAY longer should've completed this quest with days to spare). The only thing I can think of is that Storm8 is trying to sample how quickly people can complete tasks (and how far they'll go to do so) and they're trying to pull data from different requirements while factoring in spawn rates and stuff. Hearing from the majority of people, they were incredibly stymied by the drop rate of the flowers compounded by the limited max total of them. I had steady 2-3 drops every harvest, which is a vastly different experience from this quest than everyone else. That's not right.

I also did both Weekend Warriors (I am fortunate to live in the states) but mine was the glitchy refills back up to max and I didn't know when it'd run out because there was no indication for it. Very confusing.

Fashion Designer
    I just had another survey but about this event specifically. I am glad I got to do it, I spent $6.99 canadian 2 times tor the special
    Bundles at the beginning which were energy heavy, allowing me to chop rocks and trees untill I limited out at 999 BUT thats not what we needed! I used about half of them, it was the low drops of nectar that were the problem! So I also used almost 100 gems to speed things up. As it was I finished 3 days early because there was also no clear end date for the event, and I didnt want to spend all that time and money and not finish! I do spend mny on this game, its the only one I do spend on, I love Castle Story!! I am very grateful I am able to spend some money on it. But this is the first event I felt was not fairly set up between players, I was stressed out about finshing, and the main prize was just not worth the amount of time energy stress and cash. If I had known the prize from the bginning, I would have spent my cash on gems tonust buy the walker that should have been the main prize.

Thank you but it's definitely bittersweet because clearly this Quest line was criminally unfair due to the requirement disparities (so many people who've played this game for WAY longer should've completed this quest with days to spare). The only thing I can think of is that Storm8 is trying to sample how quickly people can complete tasks (and how far they'll go to do so) and they're trying to pull data from different requirements while factoring in spawn rates and stuff. Hearing from the majority of people, they were incredibly stymied by the drop rate of the flowers compounded by the limited max total of them. I had steady 2-3 drops every harvest, which is a vastly different experience from this quest than everyone else. That's not right.

I also did both Weekend Warriors (I am fortunate to live in the states) but mine was the glitchy refills back up to max and I didn't know when it'd run out because there was no indication for it. Very confusing.

I was hoping for a hint, but I hear you, random. It’s difficult for me to assimilate that thought. Seems I’m still looking for the criteria. K. Next is random events. Hm.

Rhino Keeper
    I was hoping for a hint, but I hear you, random. It’s difficult for me to assimilate that thought. Seems I’m still looking for the criteria. K. Next is random events. Hm.
    Sadly, I got nothing for you. :\ Just that I commiserate that it's unfair.

Nightclub Owner

Are you level 50?

Rhino Keeper
    Poll current result
    Agree 15 9.09%
    Neutral 36 21.82%
    Disagree 99 60.00%

Goal 6: extra 1 woodland blocks, 1 woodland beams

Goal 9: 8 woodland shields = extra of 16?

Goal 11: some players goal will look like this:
    * Build 2 Woodland Cannon = 2 extra woodland block, 2 woodland beam
    * Forge 2 Chainmail = 10 woodland shields = 10 extra block, 10 extra beam

i didn't complete because I was so over it
    Last edited by jesslau9; 04-11-18 at 10:51 PM. Reason: edit spacing

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    Are you level 50?
    No, I'm level 28.

I posted before, but here's all my info: Android 2.1.0.1 level 28, 1853 royal points, 1 recently crafted Alicorn. No other energy sources. No gem spending on speeding things up.