• I bought the Woodland Rider and didn't finish

5 1.86%
  • No other gems spent and did finish

40 14.87%
  • No other gems spent and didn't finish

43 15.99%
  • Couldn't get past goal 11 - too many requirements

105 39.03%
  • I didn't use any gems at all (not even on W/Rider)

98 36.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 89 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3979858687888990919293 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 03/29 - War of the Woodlands event | Woodland Rider

Rhino Keeper
    Just to say that I've got two games. I didn't purchase the rider on either of them, and I finished and got Bran in armour on the one with higher requirements (although I had to use 30 or 40 gems to make blocks and beams when I didn't have nectar). I gave up yesterday on the second game where I had the lower requirements - because ultimately goal 11 was a ****er whatever your level and I had no chance of finishing without quite a few gems. The different requirements made minimal difference for me, the big issue was the nectar drops. I expect it would have been a lot easier with the rider. And I only kept going because I'm stubborn.

I'm so glad that's over, might sit the next one out. I think the message that you need to make some purchases if you want to enjoy these events is coming over loud and clear. But goal 11 would have been nasty, boring and repetitive even with the rider or value packs.
    Last edited by EsmeW2; 04-11-18 at 11:27 AM.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCupOButter View Post
    I agree with beefus. I would have liked to see questions about the higher and lower requirements. How many players who responded negatively might have had a better experience if not for the higher requirements?

For me personally, I had the lower requirements, and I am not sure I could have finished if I had the higher ones. I do know that seeing neighbors struggle with harder requirements left a bitter taste. It is hard to enjoy something when others are being deliberately hampered for no apparent reason. This is not, and has never been, a competitive game. (With the exception of those awful leaderboard events.)

I did complete this one, only because I had started it, before knowing all that it entailed. And I did so without using a single gem and without purchasing the walker or any value packages. I also skipped the weekend warrior side goals. Energy was not the issue this time, drops were. And while the knight has very good drops, imo, the reward was definitely not worth the amount of work required to achieve it. I just hope his drops don?t dry up as quickly as the drops from the gnomes acquired last event. (Those little fighting ones stopped dropping feasts as soon as this event started. )

I do feel as though S8 was experimenting with creating a competitive spirit, possibly to derail the spirit of cooperation that usually dominates the forum. Whatever their reasons, I resent it and it did affect my enjoyment of the game.
    I agree with everything you said. I also had the lower requirements and I still didn't enjoy the event. I bought the packages but only for the limited items (I have a problem, I know this and am trying to work on it) and they didn't raise my enjoyment either.

I surely hope they're not trying to stoke competitive spirit in this game, I also recall when they did the 2 LBs in this game that it didn't go very well. CS is a game I play for the sense of community and friendship, not because I want to win and feel like I'm better than others, ya know? There are a million games out there that are built on competitive formats, if I wanted, I'd play those games. I personally love that CS isn't focused on winning and doubt many of us would stick around if that's where they take it.

Surely S8 can see that this event was a catastrophe and they should stick with the standard event format. I've already decided I'm not starting the next event until I'm sure it won't be anything like this one. I play this game for enjoyment, which this event failed to give on every level.

Farm Supplier
    Don't think I will be able to finish this one. Just now finishing the 5th shield for the first armor. Have spent gems here and there to speed up a thing or two, but mostly for the nectar. Think it will be too costly to continue with that method.....although, I do have 232 gems left. Does anyone see a possibility with some creative speeding up or anything?

And after this event, my workers in the shop have informed me that they will not make me so much as a beam, they are headed to the taverns and much needed root beer. On top of that, the forgers are suing me over the canons and the GKSB (GlimmerKell Safety Board) is aghast that I would even make weapons like those, without proper testing and licensing! My legal battles are unprecedented atm.

I also had the higher requirements. But the real problem was the nectar, the coal, too many shields and the uselessness of the event items. They should have been helping out.
    Last edited by Dqueenie; 04-11-18 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Include additional info.

Rhino Keeper
    I didn’t participate and from the few post i’ve Read on the last couple of pages, it looks like I made the right decision.

Rhino Keeper
    One of the worst events in the Castle Story game. I spent plenty of effort with the time I had but goal 11 was just too much. I am a longtime player and if this event is the new norm, I will drop this game too. Maybe whoever thought this up did not realize how labor intensive this was. Games are supposed to be enjoyable and fun and in the past that is was Castle Story was and I hope continues to be. I hate events where you have to screen tap every 1 or 1 1/2 hours for days and days and get one, two or three items out of six items. I rarely got more and then used gems so I could have two items going in the workshops. It did me no good so I won?t even get past that level.

Rhino Keeper
    I am pretty sure that without buying Walker I could have finished event without gems if I wasn?t OCD on collecting souvenirs. Walker did burn 400 gems and seems price was lowered (not sure I want to know how low) but should not be forced to spend gems on something to complete an event. Being collector, had to get the Walker. Hopefully next event will cause such disparities in the Realm!

Rhino Keeper
    I’m going to be short one shield wondering about the gem cost. It seems I would pay 60 gems for the shield to then craft my 2nd armor? Anyone there that knows to give me a quick answer?

Ai, this was not fun. Had the higher requirements and kept all my gems to myself till the end, but to my surprise I was able to finish with a couple of hours to spare. What saved the last week, was the unlimited energy, which I was able to use once. I chopped enough rocks and trees to be done with it. So thank you for that. Then worked on my mermaid goals, chopping cursed reefs is fun actually. I finally got a few marmoseas. If it weren't for them I would have probably just stopped logging in altogether. And somehow I must have collected enough nectar, I got me 2 souvenirs. This event was just too boring for me. It is not the first time I've gotten bored and checked out, just the first time the mermaids saved me.

Host(ess)
    I didn't think I was going to complete this one, but I barely made it. Level 50, didn't buy the Rider and didn't spend a single gem. I might need to take a break!

Rhino Keeper
    I had the higher requirements. I am going to wind up one shield short of the final goal. Which means that I would have finished if I had the lower requirements.

This is how you lose loyal players, S8.