• I bought the Woodland Rider and didn't finish

5 1.86%
  • No other gems spent and did finish

40 14.87%
  • No other gems spent and didn't finish

43 15.99%
  • Couldn't get past goal 11 - too many requirements

105 39.03%
  • I didn't use any gems at all (not even on W/Rider)

98 36.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 75 of 94 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 03/29 - War of the Woodlands event | Woodland Rider

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    Excellent advice. I chopped up a bazillion or so mermaid items with the free time but found I had a bit of time left and went with rocks to get my coal and iron back after all that chainmail. Was pleasantly surprised when I got 8 nuggets out of 10 outcroppings.
    I'm a newbie so please excuse the question, but what does "chopped up ... mermaid items" mean? All I have are ponds and a well (and just bought mermaid pool), and I'm too low for swampy pond. Is their a better way to get mermaid scales and/or are you talking about something completely different? :-)

Rhino Keeper
    wowwie LOL
    i just did weekend warrior and hooboy.., i think i chopped over 200 rock outcroppings used about 6000 energy in my ten minute window just messing around to get some gold nuggets hopefully.... 200 rock outcroppings... 5 gold nuggets........
    was very fun tho since i didnt even need the energy so i had no idea what to do with it

Quote Originally Posted by Lavenderdale View Post
    I'm a newbie so please excuse the question, but what does "chopped up ... mermaid items" mean? All I have are ponds and a well (and just bought mermaid pool), and I'm too low for swampy pond. Is their a better way to get mermaid scales and/or are you talking about something completely different? :-)
    AnnirasSweets is referring to something different. There are mermaid goals and expansions which you will get to later. Those require chopping lots of coral and anemones.
    Unfortunately, there is no better way to get mermaid scales. The ponds and wells are the best sources and the mermaid pond is a good investment.

You can check out the hub for sources for mermaid scales and there are also active threads about the mermaid quests. But spoiler alert...those contain lots of info that could get overwhelming and possibly discouraging if you?re still early in the storyline. Good luck with everything!
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by CharmOfLea View Post
    All standard materials are at 99. Faeribulbseeds are 50. If you want xp, then do the rocks. You may get the bonus of finding a gold nugget. GL

E: use the quick collect only
    Thank you!

Yeah, I only learned about clicking in advance and sweeping up collections this week, lol. Last week I was a click, collect, click noob. And last week on unlimited I felt like I got a lot done. In contrast, this week using advance clicking and quick collect, I felt like I didn't get as much done, lol. Higher expectations I suppose. Last week I wasn't on the unlimited display, just had the energy refill itself periodically. This time I closed (for some other reason) and got the unlimited with timer. And the length of time for the two rewards "felt" less.

Come to think of it, I finished step 3 goals in the middle of step 2 timer. Might have been better to hold off on something while snorking up the xp, letting that timer run out before kicking off the goal 3 timer reward.

I mis-clicked quite a bit on farming plots, and all advance clicks were zeroed out for the planting menu popup, so I was sabotaging myself. (in retrospect I should have simply planted whenever it popped, at least that particular square would have been protected! But thinking under pressure is not my thing, heh.)

Thanks all in the forum for the moral support, knowledge and ideas!!

Rhino Keeper
    I got the first unlimited energy but not the second even though it showed I completed the requirements and congratulated me. Yes, I force closed. Twice.

Fashion Designer
    PrincessCupOButter Thanks, that makes sense. I know I won't be getting there for a long time, so I've avoided reading about the ocean kingdom thing. I'm confused enough as it i is, ha ha! Number 1 priority the last 7 days is trading on Exchange, mostly strawberries, to get tinker camp. 69/99 tickets so far!

My challenge with discussion threads is filtering out what to expect from an item that's still in the game, but the introductory event happened before I even joined. For example, Troll traders - took me too long to find out there won't be any tokens until the theoretical next monster hunt. Agonized a day whether to buy beastbane or not while the limited-time-only 75-gem quest rebate was on offer. (p.s. don't tell me I shouldn't have, lol.) I skipped the Mythic Mushroom purchase and its' quest-rebate, as well as barracks.

Thanks again for explaining.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by coolssp View Post
    I'm getting 1-2 nectar per collection, and I do approximately 4-5 collections in a day. How on earth can I make so many shields
    Same here! Yesterday I received 1 nectar per collection all day, and today I am back to 1-2. If my drop rate does not improve, this will be the first CS event I will not finish since I started playing the game five years ago.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyFencer View Post
    I got the first unlimited energy but not the second even though it showed I completed the requirements and congratulated me. Yes, I force closed. Twice.
    Same here. I was at the end of my first unlimited. But it?s rather unfair I completed the goal but didn?t get the reward. It worked ok for me last week.

Nightclub Owner
    The new pics are in:
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...=1#post1503716

If someone has the Woodland Sanctuary, happy to get the inventory picture.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Farm Supplier
    I missed the unlimited energy last week, because it happened in the middle of the night (for me). Yesterday I was up late and it popped up. Stayed up for another 1,5 hours to do this... The first unlimited 10min were great fun. As I had 5 hours left to finish, I would have loved to wait a few hours for the second unlimited time, to get something planted or some animals to reload, but I also wanted to go to sleep (past 1:00 clock...), so I did it immediatly afterwards and just chopped more rocks and trees and mermaid stuff. A bit tired now, but will love to repeat it

But please, please Storm8:
    Put in a "24-hours-starter button" or something before the 8 hours time limit starts, so that people in other time zones can better join in the great fun!