• I bought the Woodland Rider and didn't finish

5 1.86%
  • No other gems spent and did finish

40 14.87%
  • No other gems spent and didn't finish

43 15.99%
  • Couldn't get past goal 11 - too many requirements

105 39.03%
  • I didn't use any gems at all (not even on W/Rider)

98 36.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 48 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 03/29 - War of the Woodlands event | Woodland Rider

Rhino Keeper
    Goal 14:
    Knight Sir Bran (make in Woodland Wagon...1 hour)
    Needs:2 Woodland Armour ( 2 from Goal 11 count)
    5 Woodland Nectar
    3 Lumin Essense

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by 100Anne View Post
    I wonder if the different requirements are based on XP. Maybe they are differentiating low level 50 players from high level 50 players like they do with lower level players in other events. Once you reach level 50, XP doesn?t mean a lot anymore but it still accumulates.
    I was lucky enough to have the lower requirements and my XP is 223,945. Did anyone with lower XP than me have the higher requirements?
    You're saying they're trying to divide 50th levels in groups A and B depending on their XPs?
    But how can these 2 categories be judged by giving more or less crafts?
    They can be divided by just reading their XPs without further details.
    Nope.. I don't see how crafts can establish these groups.
    My requirements were low and XPs 4 times as much.. this doesn't give an answer.

BTW.. there is already a table in the Hub of assumed calculations of future levels, basing on facts.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Quote Originally Posted by olma_ru View Post
    I have less than 5000 RP but higher requirements.
    This is the opposite of mine, so this theory is certainly a bust.

Regarding XP, I thought the same thing but we compared numbers yesterday and realized that XP is not a factor either. Who knows, there could actually be a number of factors in place.

Executive Chef
    @ Kolakid
    Thanking you! and YIKES! This is very, very demanding.

Now I see why the S8 discussion was created....
    To take your thoughts and comments off an impossible event
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by kattkrazie View Post
    S8 Board Meeting:

CEO - I need a list of players that collect from buildings before they go to bed.

IT person - Ok. How will I know if they've gone to bed?

CEO - Duh, if their account is inactive for 8 hrs.

IT person - What if the inactivity means they're just at work?

CEO - Hmmm, I see what you mean. Just get me the list. Players who work or sleep need to craft 2 extra beams and blocks for the next quest. Also, let's give them unlimited energy while half of the globe is sleeping and the other half is working. This is gonna be fun! I want you to follow the forum for their reactions, if any, and report to me on Monday.
    Ha! Ha!! Ha!!! This sounds exactly like group meetings I had to attend before I retired. Decisions don?t have to make a lick of sense to be made. We called them ?Harvey Decisions?. Yep, good old Harvey thought it was a great thing to do, even though it made no sense at all. I think upper management at S8 is packed with Harveys.

In my never-to-be-humble opinion, this quest had the potential to be a nice, leisurely, achievable quest until Harvey stepped in. At that point it became a fiasco. Again.

S8 Board Meeting:

CEO - I need a list of players that collect from buildings before they go to bed.

CEO - Hmmm, I see what you mean. Just get me the list. Players who work or sleep need to craft 2 extra beams and blocks for the next quest. Also, let's give them unlimited energy while half of the globe is sleeping and the other half is working. This is gonna be fun! I want you to follow the forum for their reactions, if any, and report to me on Monday.
    Too funny! And probably eerily accurate. Thanks for the much needed laugh!!
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Rhino Keeper
    My guess is that it's random. They've randomly divided us into two groups and at the end of the event, they'll do an analysis to see if there was any difference in participation, gem spending, bonus pack buying, etc. They certainly have that kind of access to data. They're doing an experiment on us without our consent.

S8 Board Meeting:

This is just GREAT! Bravo. Lol

Rhino Keeper
    S8 Board Meeting:

Love it. I sleep, go to work, and take care of my family. So I get to make more beams and blocks.
    Thuakie Sword #19

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonVillage3 View Post
    You're saying they're trying to divide 50th levels in groups A and B depending on their XPs?
    But how can these 2 categories be judged by giving more or less crafts?
    They can be divided by just reading their XPs without further details.
    Nope.. I don't see how crafts can establish these groups.
    My requirements were low and XPs 4 times as much.. this doesn't give an answer.

BTW.. there is already a table in the Hub of assumed calculations of future levels, basing on facts.
    Thanks, Moon. I was actually wondering if they might be thinking of extending the levels past 50. In the past XP was the only factor that affected your level. Players who have been playing longer (or just spent more time in game) will have higher XP.

I was aware of that table but I’m not particularly interested in it as it was just made up by a player for some fun to challenge themselves and other players to make the game more interesting for themselves. I’m still working through things in my goal book and haven’t hit the extreme boredom that some older players have - maybe when I get there I’ll go back and have a look at the table.