• I bought the Woodland Rider and didn't finish

5 1.86%
  • No other gems spent and did finish

40 14.87%
  • No other gems spent and didn't finish

43 15.99%
  • Couldn't get past goal 11 - too many requirements

105 39.03%
  • I didn't use any gems at all (not even on W/Rider)

98 36.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 44 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 03/29 - War of the Woodlands event | Woodland Rider

Fashion Designer comeseecomesah's Avatar
    Different requirements with no explanation is the big subject here. The thought of us being experimented on as suggested is not pleasant to put it politely but it happens all over the world!
    Well....we know s8 doesn't use their time to programme anything unless there's money in it for them! There are things in this game that people have repeatedly asked to be fixed/changed but have not been done....the most I think being a gem spend confirmation button!! Money is made from our mistakes/ game rollbacks/glitches.
    If there's money to be made it gets done! Yes event glitches get sorted so we don't give up.
    Yes it's a business but...one can CHOOSE to run a business with or without integrity!! It's often said here that happy players spend money!
    I think I hang on to this game in hope things will get better but it seems it's getting worse for me! I've stopped spending in their other games for same reasons,and stopped playing now.

I have to stop talking now...for my sanity!!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Stymie52 View Post
    I am with you. It most likely is random, as are many other things in this game.
    Back to the game. Goal 11 is beastly. Just finished collecting 400 coal. I parked a beast, and collected coal almost all day yesterday. There are many parts to this goal, and, unfortunately, all are crafted in the Workshop. Every hour or two, you have to collect and craft again. Goal 12 has to be easier.
    Yikes, thanks for the heads up! I should start crafting the 2nd warrior in an hour?s time and goal 10 shouldn?t take too long. Will reach the beastly goal 11 tonight. With our requirements, it’s just 50% more difficult for us in this group!

Farm Supplier
    Could it be number of royal points?

Although I’m level 50, I must have a low number of points — or at least items giving points out on my board — which I know because I can’t readily expand. For some of the expansion spaces I only have about 80% of the points needed. I probably really do have the building necessary, but my queendom is arranged in a way that produces a low number of points. I was also one of the 2/2/2 people.

3510 royal points

Quote Originally Posted by fesxdgdgsgfb View Post
    Could it be number of royal points?

Although I’m level 50, I must have a low number of points — or at least items giving points out on my board — which I know because I can’t readily expand. For some of the expansion spaces I only have about 80% of the points needed. I probably really do have the building necessary, but my queendom is arranged in a way that produces a low number of points. I was also one of the 2/2/2 people.

3510 royal points
    Good thinking! I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet.

I am not sure what is considered high to S8 though, as I required "2" of each item in goal 6 and have over 5000 RP currently on board. It turns out that just before the start of the event, I took out some high RP buildings in order to open an expansion. Usually my RP are lower than I used to have back in the day due to space and event requirements.
    Last edited by butterfly_25; 04-01-18 at 08:50 AM.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Stymie52 View Post
    I am with you. It most likely is random, as are many other things in this game.
    Back to the game. Goal 11 is beastly. Just finished collecting 400 coal. I parked a beast, and collected coal almost all day yesterday. There are many parts to this goal, and, unfortunately, all are crafted in the Workshop. Every hour or two, you have to collect and craft again. Goal 12 has to be easier.
    First of all: Yikes! I shudder to think of what goal 12 has in store.

Second of all, thanks to your posts I've made sure I have every coal and iron dropper on my board and ready to go when I need them.

Also, I'm not sure I like the set up of these recent events, with the event crafting building only being useful for items that we can only craft when specified. I'm tired of getting these buildings that only serve a purpose for a short period of time then get moved off to storage to be forgotten. Although there are several things I'm not completely thrilled with, I can't put my finger on the exact reason why I dislike this event so much.

I can say it's definitely not the artwork, I think these little guys look awesome and I'm already thinking of where I'll place them on my board once the event is over. I'm still debating over the Woodland Rider, while I think the price is absolutely ridiculous and I hate that I feel pressured into buying, I'd really like to see him lumbering around my board...decisions, decisions.
    Last edited by AnnirasSweets; 04-01-18 at 08:43 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by butterfly_25 View Post

I am not sure what is considered high to S8 though as I required "2" of each item in goal 6 and have over 5000 RP currently on board. It turns out that just before the start of the event, I took out some high RP buildings in order to open an expansion. Usually my RP is lower than I used to have back in the day due to space and event requirements.
    I am just over 4000 and have the higher requirements so nope. I think it may be those of us that actually bothered to buy the rider at the beginning or perhaps they randomly picked people to have a higher drop rate and higher requirements. Even before I bought the rider I had a 50% or so drop rate on nectar. And now it?s usually over that.

Executive Chef
    I have enacted my fast worker boost because I have more nectar than I can use at the moment to make blocks and beams. But I am worried at some point I am going to outstrip that and I will have been pointless to use those boosts. Right now my biggest problem is not being able to craft stuff fast enough in the workshops.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthWoodsKingdom View Post
    OMG, y'all!! ...more pages & pages about why the requirements are different??!

Ok. Here's mine:
    *Maybe* S8 randomly assigned different requirements to players who have nothing whatsoever in common as far as level, spending or playing habits, location or anything else and S8 put it into play either as an April Fool's joke or just for their amusement, so they could sit back and watch us try to figure it out! lol
    There are probably side-bets in the office in Cali for how many DAYS (and how many PAGES on this forum) players will try to figure it out by posting guesses & discussing theories and speculations! lol
    ...and in the end, they're not gonna say anything else to us about it beyond "it's not a bug" which will leave us scratching our heads about it long after this quest is over. LOL

PS. Happy April Fool's Day, y'all!
    Join me in swapping your ruler avatar's gender for the day!
    Yep...I agree with you. S8 is just pulling our strings here & I'm 99.9% sure there's an office pool going on this. It's the condescending tone of that response though that gets me.

& the speculation continues! Wonder who'll be the big winner at S8 after the goal's timed out?

& the speculation is continuing. And continuing...lol
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCelestian View Post
    I am just over 4000 and have the higher requirements so nope. I think it may be those of us that actually bothered to buy the rider at the beginning or perhaps they randomly picked people to have a higher drop rate and higher requirements. Even before I bought the rider I had a 50% or so drop rate on nectar. And now it?s usually over that.
    Well that theory was short lived! Lol. Not surprised. It seems like the best bet is that it is random.
    I had the lower requirement for goal 6 and never bought the rider. I just wish the nectar was easier to get

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly_25 View Post

I am not sure what is considered high to S8 though, as I required "2" of each item in goal 6 and have over 5000 RP currently on board. It turns out that just before the start of the event, I took out some high RP buildings in order to open an expansion. Usually my RP are lower than I used to have back in the day due to space and event requirements.
    Is there anybody who has higher requirements and was at more than 5000 RP at event start?