• I bought the Woodland Rider and didn't finish

5 1.86%
  • No other gems spent and did finish

40 14.87%
  • No other gems spent and didn't finish

43 15.99%
  • Couldn't get past goal 11 - too many requirements

105 39.03%
  • I didn't use any gems at all (not even on W/Rider)

98 36.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 31 of 94 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 03/29 - War of the Woodlands event | Woodland Rider

Executive Chef
    Goal 10
    Place a Woodland Calf (buy this in the Market for 500 coins)
    Raise a Woodland Bull 0/1 (feed the Calf)
    Gather Woodland Fur 0/4 (tend to Woodland Bulls)

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ladlasse View Post
    I lost at least 5 min of the 10 min of unlimited energy while the game rebooted twice. Even though I was able to chop down a couple of trees and rock outcroppings and used quick collect, there were 2 rocks that I cleared 3 times each, then moved on, only to find out that when it was all over I had a boar and the rocks were still there. The game kept freezing, too. I'm disappointed as I should have had more things cleared. Then when the time was up, it only gave me 20 energy and didn't count the tree that I cleared and used quick collect on.
    My second attempt at the 10 min of energy fared a little better. The game didn't reboot this time, but I went a little slower so it had time to react. It still froze often. I don't like this new way of showing only 40 at a time, because you have to wait for it to refill and you never know when your time is up. This time it never showed unlimited with a timer, so I was never sure 40 energy was still part of the free energy or the refill you get when it's over. I agree with others who want it back the old way with infinity symbol and a timer. I also would prefer that it would be a crate you could kick off when you want from inventory and not immediately when it's earned. Since it's always portrayed as 15 (or 10) 1 minute intervals, then I wish we had that option to use them 1 min at a time. Overall, glad for the opportunity to have unlimited energy for awhile and was able to build up some wood and stone, but wish it had been executed differently.
    Kingdom is Nancelot. I play regularly and try to be very swift to respond to requests.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Stymie52 View Post
    Goal 10
    Place a Woodland Calf (buy this in the Market for 500 coins)
    Raise a Woodland Bull 0/1 (feed the Calf)
    Gather Woodland Fur 0/4 (tend to Woodland Bulls)
    It takes 5 feedings to raise the Calf to a Bull
    The collection time is 5 minutes

Collection time for the Bull is 4 hours

Well, my 2 cents...
    First, I almost didn't do the Weekend warrior goal because it looked wonky since you had to expend more energy to get less energy. But, I saw there were 3 parts so I thought, ok, maybe there's something coming up.

Turned out I really liked the delivery system for the energy... once I figured out what was going on. I made good use of the final energy boost. My energy seemed to refill to 40 roughly at the end of every 3 minute refill timer. It lasted roughly a half hour for me and so I figure I got 10 - 40 energy refills or roughly 400 energy. I loved that I could use the energy AND have time to place more trees or rocks and not feel like I was wasting energy/time. Personally, I would love more energy bundles with THIS design.

Also, it didn't cause any restarts like what happened when I received the first energy bundle. With that one I didn't know what was happening just saw my energy refilling, as mentioned above, for few turns. I wasn't sure what was going on since I had only been expecting 10 energy, so didn't take full advantage of it.
    Then my game froze and I got the little knight riding his horse. After that the game woke up to an "unlimited timer" that started counting down from whatever time was left in the 3 minute cycle, so roughly 2 minutes, a little less, which when I went to try and take advantage of that froze up my game for about another minute and... no fun. Maybe I tap too fast? <shrug>

Oh, also, as mentioned in a previous post I also had the freezing and resetting the rocks and trees I had already chopped during the first round of energy boost.
    Last edited by CalicoRidge; 03-31-18 at 06:33 AM. Reason: to add last comment regarding previous post

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by scavaig View Post
    ......... If you live in the US.

thanks for not thinking about how it would work in the rest of the world. There was really no reason to only make this event last 8 hours.
    Exactly! Only a few weeks ago s8 did the same thing with something else. And put an 8 hour timer on it and boosted it to 24 hours because of this exact same issue and the complaints on this forum. Why they thought it was perfectly acceptable to do it again is anyone?s guess. I know other countries close to the UK where I am will have still been affected by this in fact most of Europe would have been affected by this. It?s only 2 Hour time difference between the UK and Greece for example, and I?m lucky my dogs wake me up every single day. I might not have had the full benefit of this quest working completely but I did have some benefit.
    Only play Castle Story daily, accepting new neighbours but do regularly check for obvious regular activity and delete non active neighbours. Will answer requests but don't visit all neighbours daily.

Want a confirmation button.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Stymie52 View Post
    It takes 5 feedings to raise the Calf to a Bull
    The collection time is 5 minutes

Collection time for the Bull is 4 hours
    How many calves can you buy?

Executive Chef
    I still don't know what the final prize is.

Executive Chef
    I live in the UK, woke up middle of the night and so decided to collect nectar when the weekend warrior goals popped up. Waste of my time and deprived me of sleep though as I finished all 3 steps and only received 1x10 min unlimited energy for the middle step, despite force quitting and restarting app. Full of glitches and unfair for European players.

Executive Chef
    MOSSY TREES
    you can own 5 at a time.. then the option to buy disappears.
    when you chop one.. option returns and you can buy another.
    so.. cap on total owned, but can be replaced as used.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Fashion Designer
    To avoid time zone issues, S8 needs to set up the goals like the weekend warrior so the 8 hours can be kicked off by the individual player. Maybe give them 1 or 2 days to start it before it expires, but at least everyone could have a full 8 hours to complete a task and not wake up to find it's almost over and they knew nothing about it beforehand.
    Kingdom is Nancelot. I play regularly and try to be very swift to respond to requests.