• I bought the Woodland Rider and didn't finish

5 1.86%
  • No other gems spent and did finish

40 14.87%
  • No other gems spent and didn't finish

43 15.99%
  • Couldn't get past goal 11 - too many requirements

105 39.03%
  • I didn't use any gems at all (not even on W/Rider)

98 36.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 30 of 94 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 03/29 - War of the Woodlands event | Woodland Rider

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by scavaig View Post
    Perhaps it's based on the average 'extra' energy a player recieves from all sources per day . More ' extra ' energy the player gets, the higher the requirements to balance that 'extra' energy .

Defeats the point of getting an ' advantage' by buying energy giving items, doesn't it. ... Hence s8 reluctance to come clean.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was something to do with energy. I have two level 50 games and got the higher requirement on the game where I have a collectioon of alicorns unicorns and a weekly horse and unicorn. I've also completed the storyline apart from the mermaids and the leveling up stuff on this game. On the other game I have a fair bit of story to go and only one wizard school one Ali and a weekly unicorn. And this one triggered the lower level requirements. So if not energy based it could be something to do with completed goals, but this seems unlikely.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Special Notes for this event:

* Collect all Woodland Wagon crafts by 4/12 at 6pm PT
    8 Hour Goal - Unlimited Energy Offer

Goal 1: Weekend Warrior
    * Weed the landscape 0/10 CHOP | clear any foliage
    * Clear rubble 0/3 CLEAR | clear any rocks
    * Mine a rock outcropping 0/1 MINE
    Rewards: 100 coin, 1 xp, +30 energy

Goal 2: Weekend Warrior
    * Visit town buildings 0/10 COLLECT
    * Harvest from flowers 0/15 HARVEST
    * Craft goods 0/5 CRAFT | any crafting building works
    Rewards: 100 coin, 1 xp, +10 minutes of unlimited energy
    Note: you may have to force close to see this. The place were you see your energy balance will change and in its place will show UNLIMITED ENERGY and a timer counting down from 10 minutes.

Goal 2: Weekend Warrior
    * Harvest crops 0/10 HARVEST
    * Tend to animals 0/10 TEND
    * Fight monsters 0/4 FIGHT
    Rewards: 5000 coin, 25 xp, +10 minutes of unlimited energy
    Note: you may have to force close to see this. The place were you see your energy balance will change and in its place will show UNLIMITED ENERGY and a timer counting down from 10 minutes.
    So, I completed all three Weekend Warrior goals on time, and I am absolutely certain that I did not receive any unlimited energy as a prize. I kept checking inventory and the energy status bar, but no luck. My energy use matched my collections, and nothing went to storage. I recently force closed - when I checked this page, but I didn?t follow up before now. How do I collect my prizes. Note - I did receive the 30 energy from the first Weekend Warrior quest. Just not any unlimited energy prizes.

Farm Supplier
    Yes, this unlimited energy quest was ridiculous. First of all, this quest didn?t started automatically yesterday. It started automatically in the morning when it was only 10 minutes left. But I decided to try because I was curious about it. So first part was easy to do then I saw the second part. Luckily, I had 5 ready craft buildings as it?s impossible to do anithing in less than 10 minutes. And with town buildings I had to worry because I visited only 8 buildings and understood that there were no cottages or farmhouses left and I had no time to put. Fortunately, I went to the matket and chose section of town houses and saw that I had taverns. So I did second part. When I saw the third part I was shocked. Luckily they gave unlimited energy after the second part. And only at forum I saw that it was 8 hours!!! So I couldn?t understand why it didn?t started automatically yesterday because I counted and I am sure that 8 hours began yesterday when I was in the game before sleeping.
    Last edited by rainsunset; 03-31-18 at 03:52 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by scavaig View Post
    Ok .... This really sucks.

I live in the uk - it's Easter Saturday so no rush to get up - wake up at 8.00 am - read the forum - see the posts about unlimited energy - open game .....

And see there is 20 minutes left to complete the weekend warrior tasks!!!!!!! It started at half past midnight UK time - finishes 08.30 am UK time. No possible way to complete it at all .

Looks like most people in the uk will have completely missed this offer !!!

I am really beginning to dislike S8!

S8 - WHY ONLY 8 HOURS !!!!!!!!!! SOMEONE , SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD WILL ALWAYS MISS OUT.
    I'm on the same page, Holland here. So one other thing I missed out. Ad yes, I'm outraged about the different requirements for same lvl players too. It's a good thing I never buy gems or spent money on this game, the Ali-fiasco bothers me still, but I am really wondering what the *beep* the developpers are thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymieb2 View Post
    So, I completed all three Weekend Warrior goals on time, and I am absolutely certain that I did not receive any unlimited energy as a prize. I kept checking inventory and the energy status bar, but no luck. My energy use matched my collections, and nothing went to storage. I recently force closed - when I checked this page, but I didn?t follow up before now. How do I collect my prizes. Note - I did receive the 30 energy from the first Weekend Warrior quest. Just not any unlimited energy prizes.
    Refer to my post here where I was questioning the change in the format of delivery for the unlimited energy, and NO, you do not get it in boxes that you chop, it never came in that manner...

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...=1#post1504381

Fashion Designer
    How has the weekend warrior goal expired when I didn’t get the goal until 4 hours ago??

Edit: I can now see that this is another way S8 ignore other time zones. Way to make players feel valued!

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    This is what the screen looks like for me when I force closed once the goal became active. Perhaps it was a countdown from 40 for those who had 40 or under to start with. Just a theory.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E13064F8-374A-4DDB-9A4B-6EFCD26C4480.jpeg 
Views:	363 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	43363
    (The egg was from an event last year)

Fashion Designer
    While I did not have time to come to the forum to see how this works, I decided to try the challenge on my own. It was confusing but fun. I received energy in 40 minute groups, which then took about 20 seconds in between to reset. I am sure I lost an opportunity for more refills, since I didn’t know they were coming. Still, ended up about 500 energy on the plus side (didn’t think about quick collect, ugh). Thanks for the free energy.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #60
    Life is sweeter with friends! Journey on...

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by kattkrazie View Post
    This is too late to help you, but after you complete the last goal, you have to close your game, then reopen it. When you reopen it, your energy bar says "unlimited" with a 10 minute countdown timer below.
    Quote Originally Posted by danzplace View Post
    While I did not have time to come to the forum to see how this works, I decided to try the challenge on my own. It was confusing but fun. I received energy in 40 minute groups, which then took about 20 seconds in between to reset. I am sure I lost an opportunity for more refills, since I didn’t know they were coming. Still, ended up about 500 energy on the plus side (didn’t think about quick collect, ugh). Thanks for the free energy.
    My time in between groups of 40 was often more than a minute. Hard closing did not work to cause it to be unlimited- it just wasted time.

I wondered if the differences between the number of blocks and beams needed for the tower had to do with Home much teal cash a player spends and that S8 rewarded those that spend more. I don?t have many Alis so I don?t think it is based on energy. I occasionally have bought gems, but not very often.

Differences on the tower, differences in the way the unlimited energy worked (really unlimited vs 40 energy segments with inconsistent wait times between refills) - S8 - Are you trying to make everything just random?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ashley224 View Post
    Mine unlocked at goal 3 when I was asked to build it
    Well clearly somethings wrong or this is another part of the quest that s8 are changing with differing players as I?m on goal 8 and my woodland wagon is still completely locked.
    Only play Castle Story daily, accepting new neighbours but do regularly check for obvious regular activity and delete non active neighbours. Will answer requests but don't visit all neighbours daily.

Want a confirmation button.