• I bought the Woodland Rider and didn't finish

5 1.86%
  • No other gems spent and did finish

40 14.87%
  • No other gems spent and didn't finish

43 15.99%
  • Couldn't get past goal 11 - too many requirements

105 39.03%
  • I didn't use any gems at all (not even on W/Rider)

98 36.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 24 of 94 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 03/29 - War of the Woodlands event | Woodland Rider

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by PikaSquirrel View Post
    You may see different requirements from other players for some tasks, this is not a bug in the game.
    Performing psychological experiments on your customers without their informed consent is highly unethical.

Regarding the unlimited energy, mine didn't start properly, and initially it was using up my banked energy. I had to force close and reopen to get the timer to start properly. There was 1.5 minutes wasted while waiting to reopen. Then the game was lagging and slow. But I did get three of the big trees chopped along with several rock outcroppings. Once the timer ran out, another game restart brought back my banked energy.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Denkris111 View Post
    Idk what ppl mean when they say swipe up and swipe down? I have an iPhone... but i quick collect by dbl clicking my home button like im going to switch apps, wait about 5 seconds, then go back into the app (i never actually close the app). It worked pretty reliably so maybe try that instead next time?
    It?s when you swipe up to pull out the menu that has the brightness, volume controls, camera, Flashlight and all that. Also instead of swiping back down it might be easier to just tap in a neutral area, that makes it goes back down on its own. That triggers auto collect for me. I think your home button would thank you if you switched your method lol =)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    I'm so pleased to hear stored energy was restored! I think I'll take the risk and do it as well now. Thanks! But first, lunch!
    I didn?t like the idea at first because it?s so wasteful for me. But when I was done I have almost 700 each of the needed materials for this goal and I still had my 950 stored energy. So I am glad that I decided to do it.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ratdogs4 View Post
    I lost my first 10 minutes of unlimited energy reward as I didn't understand what S8 was doing. I have done the unlimited energy packs before - the energy bar goes to full with a 15 minute timer underneath it. I expected the same thing only with 10 minutes instead of 15. To my surprise, I saw the energy bar at 40 with the normal timer (I depleted my energy to 0), not a 10 minute timer underneath, and a new goal pop up listing a 10 minute reward pack. I was VERY confused and could only assume I needed to finish one more step of collecting 10 crops, 10 animals and 4 monsters (I think those are the correct tasks). So then I got the unlimited rewards and the same thing happened - 40 energy and no timer. It wasn't until a few minutes in I realized S8 changed the way they did the energy pack.
    Bummed, a 10 minute energy pack lost. 🙁
    I was a lil sad about losing the first unlimited energy pack but after I caught on to the second one and collected from everything and chopped down so many things I don?t know what I would have done with another pack.

I think it would be great if they were in crates that you could activate whenever you want, like the regular energy crates. Even 1 min unlimited energy crates that you could chop down whenever you want would be great.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl210 View Post
    Thanks for the help... I did the same thing and came to the forum to find outs what was up and saw your post. Rushed back to the game and the timer was running, my collection was a little glitchy though, I quick collect all the time. This time every time I tried the game would reset and nothing I tapped on was collected. I lost a bunch of time to that and then had to then suffer through all the tapping and chopping while the time ran out.
    Sorry, wish you had a better experience with it :/

Nightclub Owner
    Since it seems that everyone is getting their original energy back after using it, I'm going to go for it and use the unlimited goal energy. It's absolutely ridiculous that I'm this nervous and anxious about a game!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    Since it seems that everyone is getting their original energy back after using it, I'm going to go for it and use the unlimited goal energy. It's absolutely ridiculous that I'm this nervous and anxious about a game!
    I felt the same way. I took a photo of my stored energy then took the plunge. I got my original stored energy back also. Through out the unlimited energy time I had numerous resets but ended up ahead of where I started with regards to materials. Not as successful as some but glad I did it.
    TSS #77 🎉💥⬅️ 💫✨☯🔮😈🔮{🖐💖}======🎰=======>✨💫

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Ok well that was a horrible experience for me. My game crashed 4 times for the first pass and i got about 100 mossy ore all up. Lost everything else. The second time I also had to force close to get the unlimited offer and so I let my ruler just collect by herself. My game rolled back 3 times during the 10 mins so I ended up losing several mins again. At the end of it I got 220 mossy ore and about 270 mossy wood. Everything else rolled back including 3 of the trees and 6 more rocks, crops and all the mermaid area items.

Would I do it again? No, but perhaps my expectations weren't realistic. I am very happy others found the experience worthwhile. And yes my stored energy returned after force closing yet again.

Fashion Designer
    I lost at least 5 min of the 10 min of unlimited energy while the game rebooted twice. Even though I was able to chop down a couple of trees and rock outcroppings and used quick collect, there were 2 rocks that I cleared 3 times each, then moved on, only to find out that when it was all over I had a boar and the rocks were still there. The game kept freezing, too. I'm disappointed as I should have had more things cleared. Then when the time was up, it only gave me 20 energy and didn't count the tree that I cleared and used quick collect on.
    Kingdom is Nancelot. I play regularly and try to be very swift to respond to requests.

Nightclub Owner
    Ok, I did the unlimited goal and I managed to clear my board, get 794 mossy ore, 867 mossy wood and 5 golden nuggets, and got to keep all my stored energy...not too shabby.

That said, it doesn't mean I'm going to magically forget all the things I'm not pleased with in this event: such as the lowered nectar drops that I think are meant to push us to purchase the Rider, the random goal changes for some of us, etc.

So to conclude, thanks for the free energy S8 but you still need to work on fixing the actual game issues instead of trying to distract us with shiny presents.