• I bought the Woodland Rider and didn't finish

5 1.86%
  • No other gems spent and did finish

40 14.87%
  • No other gems spent and didn't finish

43 15.99%
  • Couldn't get past goal 11 - too many requirements

105 39.03%
  • I didn't use any gems at all (not even on W/Rider)

98 36.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 22 of 94 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 03/29 - War of the Woodlands event | Woodland Rider

Farm Supplier
    Just popped in to say, I ABSOLUTELY loved the Weekend Warrior challenge!!!! Totally worth it!

I chopped rocks, reef, trees, fed all animals...i literally able to tap everything in my Queendom

Rhino Keeper
    I completed all of the Weekend Warrior goals and did not lose my 460 stored energy. However, like others I had to reboot my game. As soon as I finished the goal and the unlimited energy started I restarted my game and it had the unlimited energy with the 10 minute timer. I lost about 30 seconds doing that. When the 10 minutes expired my energy total was exactly the same as just before the goal started.

This was my experience. I certainly dont want anyone to lose stored energy but I didnt.

Fashion Designer
    Hmmmm, now I’m tempted to try.....
    TSS #77 🎉💥⬅️ 💫✨☯🔮😈🔮{🖐💖}======🎰=======>✨💫

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by lilymonster4 View Post
    Guys, learn from my mistake please! I never had unlimited energy before but somehow I thought that there would be infinity sign or something and the energy count would stay on 40 and orange. Well... after completeing the middle goal my energy refilled back up to 40 and when I started using it it was going down so I was so confused, was it just a refill? I thought maybe when I complete the last part I will get the 10 mins unlimited energy so I quickly did, it was easy. Again my energy refilled but started going down once I started using it. I came here to write a confused comment but checked back with my game for a second and energy was full again after I used it so... after you use it will keep refilling for 10 mins. Use it all quickly than wait few seconds and it will be full again. Use quick collect, I don?t know about android but on iPhone and iPads you just need to swipe up than back down and all the items you have tapped will collect instantly. Even tho I lost a lot of time I collected my whole kingdom, I chopped many rock outcroppings and mossy oaks I have over 500 each of mossy wood and mossy ore. I have also chopped down all my ocean reefs and blue anemones I have hoarded over time. It was great =D

SpiritWind even tho you have 300 energy collected I think the unlimited is worth it. I don?t have to chop trees or rocks for the rest of the event =)
    I lost my first 10 minutes of unlimited energy reward as I didn't understand what S8 was doing. I have done the unlimited energy packs before - the energy bar goes to full with a 15 minute timer underneath it. I expected the same thing only with 10 minutes instead of 15. To my surprise, I saw the energy bar at 40 with the normal timer (I depleted my energy to 0), not a 10 minute timer underneath, and a new goal pop up listing a 10 minute reward pack. I was VERY confused and could only assume I needed to finish one more step of collecting 10 crops, 10 animals and 4 monsters (I think those are the correct tasks). So then I got the unlimited rewards and the same thing happened - 40 energy and no timer. It wasn't until a few minutes in I realized S8 changed the way they did the energy pack.
    Bummed, a 10 minute energy pack lost. 🙁

Fashion Designer comeseecomesah's Avatar
    With the grass,rock and outcroppings goal I cleared 3 outcroppings (which I needed to do anyway) and they counted for the' clear rubble ' part.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCupOButter View Post
    I understand different requirements for higher and lower level players, but why the disparity between players who are otherwise on equal footing?

As a level 50 player, I suppose I should be grateful that I only had to craft 2 blocks and beams per tower this time, but I will not be happy if that means I will end up with a harder task than equal level players later on.

Can we please get more clarification as to why this is being done? I would hate to think it has anything to do with trying to cause confusion or to hinder the use of the forum to compare notes. If the goal is to alienate long time players, then kudos! I think it?s working.

And also, can we get some kind of an idea as to what the end goal or end result of this quest is supposed to be?

Edit? Wow, so many of us on the same page! A lot happened while I was typing. Lol!
    All of this makes me quite sad really. I wasn?t thrilled about this timed event to start with. Especially as it?s not very springy or easter like. But I was plugging along. And I even bought the walker because I like walkers. But now I feel like since I have chosen to invest real money into this game over the years, S8 is now punishing me as a result by making my goals harder than others that are also level 50. I was just about to spend my weekly budget on gems but if this is the way things are going to start happening, I will reserve that for my book budget instead. Shame S8.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ratdogs4 View Post
    I lost my first 10 minutes of unlimited energy reward as I didn't understand what S8 was doing. I have done the unlimited energy packs before - the energy bar goes to full with a 15 minute timer underneath it. I expected the same thing only with 10 minutes instead of 15. To my surprise, I saw the energy bar at 40 with the normal timer (I depleted my energy to 0), not a 10 minute timer underneath, and a new goal pop up listing a 10 minute reward pack. I was VERY confused and could only assume I needed to finish one more step of collecting 10 crops, 10 animals and 4 monsters (I think those are the correct tasks). So then I got the unlimited rewards and the same thing happened - 40 energy and no timer. It wasn't until a few minutes in I realized S8 changed the way they did the energy pack.
    Bummed, a 10 minute energy pack lost. 🙁
    I am not impressed by this whole thing at all really.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by lilymonster4 View Post
    Guys, learn from my mistake please! I never had unlimited energy before but somehow I thought that there would be infinity sign or something and the energy count would stay on 40 and orange. Well... after completeing the middle goal my energy refilled back up to 40 and when I started using it it was going down so I was so confused, was it just a refill? I thought maybe when I complete the last part I will get the 10 mins unlimited energy so I quickly did, it was easy. Again my energy refilled but started going down once I started using it. I came here to write a confused comment but checked back with my game for a second and energy was full again after I used it so... after you use it will keep refilling for 10 mins. Use it all quickly than wait few seconds and it will be full again. Use quick collect, I don?t know about android but on iPhone and iPads you just need to swipe up than back down and all the items you have tapped will collect instantly. Even tho I lost a lot of time I collected my whole kingdom, I chopped many rock outcroppings and mossy oaks I have over 500 each of mossy wood and mossy ore. I have also chopped down all my ocean reefs and blue anemones I have hoarded over time. It was great =D

SpiritWind even tho you have 300 energy collected I think the unlimited is worth it. I don?t have to chop trees or rocks for the rest of the event =)
    Thanks for the help... I did the same thing and came to the forum to find outs what was up and saw your post. Rushed back to the game and the timer was running, my collection was a little glitchy though, I quick collect all the time. This time every time I tried the game would reset and nothing I tapped on was collected. I lost a bunch of time to that and then had to then suffer through all the tapping and chopping while the time ran out.

Fashion Designer
    Goal 9: Recruit 2 mothraki warriors, which means you will need 8 shields total. Whoops - or at least I do, since S8 isn't keeping the goals consistent for all (higher level) players, this may not be what others need?!?

Rhino Keeper
    Idk what ppl mean when they say swipe up and swipe down? I have an iPhone... but i quick collect by dbl clicking my home button like im going to switch apps, wait about 5 seconds, then go back into the app (i never actually close the app). It worked pretty reliably so maybe try that instead next time?