• I bought the Woodland Rider and didn't finish

5 1.86%
  • No other gems spent and did finish

40 14.87%
  • No other gems spent and didn't finish

43 15.99%
  • Couldn't get past goal 11 - too many requirements

105 39.03%
  • I didn't use any gems at all (not even on W/Rider)

98 36.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 26 of 94 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 03/29 - War of the Woodlands event | Woodland Rider

Executive Chef
    I just wanted to say a big Thank You to all who posted tips on how the unlimited energy worked. I would have been a basket case going into that blindly.
    I got 370+ ores and wood and 3 fangs. I did not have any glitches or rollbacks.
    I also got a few glimmer golem milk for the Ivy Nursery goal that I am determined to get out of my goal book.
    So basically I guess I'm now waiting on fangs and nectar. At least as far as I know for now.

Rhino Keeper
    Ok so when I completed the quest to get my unlimited energy it didn’t kick in right away. I waited about 20seconds and then it gave me 40 energy which I quickly used chopping trees and rocks. When it was at zero I waited again and after reading what others have written here I thought screw it I’m going to restart my game. Once it started up again I only had 7 1/2 minutes left but my energy said unlimited so I was able to continue collecting happily. Of course the next quest had already popped up but I avoided it until I had used all my energy. When I completed my second quest for 10 minutes of energy exactly the same thing happened as before. So I used up the 40 energy restarted my game and proceeded with the final 7 1/2 minutes of unlimited energy. Hope this helps someone else. By the way I am playing on an iPad

Rhino Keeper
    Weeeell didnt get as much out of the 2nd unlimited quest as id hoped... lol b/c i forgot i had a monster parked to stop from triggering the goal. ..And accidentally triggered it when a lot of my stuff was still recharging from the first round. I also ran out of money buying as many mermaid items as i could for all that energy. Oh well, it was still a lot of fun and took a lot of pressure the remainder of this event

Well that was a giant disappointment. My infinite energy was neither infinite nor fun. All my efforts and restarts got me was refilling my energy bar to 40 twice.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ashley224 View Post
    Mine unlocked at goal 3 when I was asked to build it
    Oh, no I?m on goal 8 and wagon is still locked. Is this a glitch I should report or am I missing something?

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by farmgirl8888 View Post
    Oh, no I?m on goal 8 and wagon is still locked. Is this a glitch I should report or am I missing something?
    Do you mean the actual wagon is locked in the feature market, or the crafts in the wagon are locked? If the second, then that's normal. I'm on goal 8 and the 2 crafts are still locked.

Rhino Keeper
    Crafts in wagon are locked. Ok I’ll be patient, thank you.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    They're unrelated. With the bundle of unlimited energy, it has always basically wiped your existing balance and for x amount of time given you the ability to expend energy whereever you wanted to. The timed goal available for a few more hours still, has 2 offers of 10 minute unlimited energy and will keep your existing balance of energy once the timer expires. I did have to force close for the screen to come up. The area where your energy level is removed and it has the words UNLIMITED ENERGY with a countdown clock.

The goal unlimited energy starts as soon as you finish the related goal. You'll still need to sit through dialogue and congrats screens which eat into your time. I didn't like that at all. Hope that helps!
    Tks SW. I did get the 1 goal of 10 mins unlimited nrg, force closed a couple of times after that, but I didn?t get a second one and there is no goal in my goal book. However that was fun and I got a lot collected. Also, silly me, I?ve never thought to have someone log in when I?m away and collect all the Ali?s and store up the nrg. This has been a huge learning curve. Feel so silly and I?ve been playing for over 5 years!

Just wondering, I thought I was going to get unlimited nrg after I collected from the last town building? But, the next set of goals came up so I put out some traps for monsters etc., completed them and force closed then somehow managed to get the unlimited nrg to come up so parked the troll and went for it. So did I somehow miss the 1st set of 10mins after the first set of goals by not triggering the 10 mins then, sorry I’m confusing you.
    Last edited by BiggerBubbles; 03-30-18 at 11:05 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    I finished the weekend warrior goals. Received 5,000 energies.

I got 2 minutes to use my unlimited energy. Is this how it works? Quite odd.

Thanks to everyone who explained how the event work!ps! Thanks to Spirit Wind for all your work here!

Just read a post that said we had 10 minutes of unlimited energy after step 3. Too late for me. Not sure why this was delivered to us as an in-game goal chain in such an awkward way.
    Last edited by eastie41; 03-30-18 at 11:06 PM.

This is a little unfair with some people actually getting unlimited energy and others just getting limited refills. I like others didn?t realize (because of lack of communication on S8s part) that the unlimited energy from the second goal wasn?t actually unlimited. I have purchased several unlimited packs before so I know how they work. I thought it was after the third goal since I didn?t get unlimited energy after completing the second goal. I quickly ran out while trying to get a monster to spawn. So when I ran out of energy, I planted some crops and left the game waiting for them to grow and my energy to refill. When the same thing happened after I completed the third goal I was pretty ticked especially since I had used gems to finish in the time allowed due to lack of monster spawn.

MY ENERGY NEVER BECAME UNLIMITED! I got ten 40 energy refills, each after waiting for two minutes. I did the quick collect hoping for it to refill faster like other players were getting but I still had to wait the full 2 minutes each time. I also had to make three blocks for each tower. It is frustrating that S8 is changing the rules without communicating and then making the rewards different for each player. Why are some getting unlimited energy while others only getting an extra 400? I get that it was an added bonus and we should be thankful for it. I am but I just think everyone should have the same goals and same rewards for their same work.
    Last edited by ironbull2; 03-30-18 at 10:57 PM. Reason: To make it easier to read