Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bad update - iOS app version 2.2 graphic issues

Executive Chef
    UPGRADE 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    Please leave the game open over a strong wifi connection for a few minutes and allow the game to load as this may help.

The latest version update has some performance improvements to help players with older devices. You may see some things load differently if your device has low hardware specs or is an older device.
    I have an older device so maybe difference in preformance. It's an iPad 9.3.5 running on the 2.2 upgrade.
    This is not a complaint.. it's something I have noticed.
    It's that all the 'light rays' that used to appear shining when crafting buildings are ready have been taken out. To tell the truth I'm happy about this as those rays were so bright they blocked my vision of underlying arrows. I do miss the surrounding trees 'n shrubs as the kingdom now seems too 'exposed' to dangers instead of snugly fitting in some part of Glimmerwood, but this is not a defect.
    The defect I have is the slow loading of the kingdom while I swirl it around, or, as soon as I visit someone else. This could need a touch-up.
    The green parts that are not part of my kingdom yet.. I suppose they will be future expansions.. hopefully as is needed desperately.
    Last edited by MoonVillage3; 03-24-18 at 11:38 PM.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Fashion Designer
    I don?t seem to have problems with this update which doesn?t seem to do anything at all different in my kingdom, but I have some neighbors who are very upset and want to know how to uninstall the update. They say that the shrubbery around the kingdoms (their?s and mine when they visit) had disappeared and they are having difficulties with the screen ?grabbing?, although I am unsure exactly what they mean by that. Whatever it is, word is spreading that this is a bad update. I don?t want to lose any more neighbors, especially over an update that doesn?t seem to fix anything.

S8, can you please look into this update? I haven?t seen anyone who benefited from it. They either want to uninstall it or they don?t see a difference. Thanks.
    Last edited by 55lee55; 04-01-18 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Fix ??? Which showed for punctuation.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by 55lee55 View Post
    I don?t seem to have problems with this update which doesn?t seem to do anything at all different in my kingdom, but I have some neighbors who are very upset and want to know how to uninstall the update. They say that the shrubbery around the kingdoms (their?s and mine when they visit) had disappeared and they are having difficulties with the screen ?grabbing?, although I am unsure exactly what they mean by that. Whatever it is, word is spreading that this is a bad update. I don?t want to lose any more neighbors, especially over an update that doesn?t seem to fix anything.

S8, can you please look into this update? I haven?t seen anyone who benefited from it. They either want to uninstall it or they don?t see a difference. Thanks.
    Lee as you look at my pictures I took no tree around the out skirts of the kingdom very bear and I would love to go back before this update too ..cuz it's only on old devises this has happen my game is very glitches and slow

I think the iPad 2.2 update is GREAT. I'm running CS on an old iPad 2 (iOS 9.3.5), and this update makes it actually playable.

Before this update, I was having to uninstall and reinstall CS every day. Even after a reinstall, by that afternoon, I would have to start CS 2 or 3 times to actually get it to run (the other times, it would display the splash screen, and then my realm, but then crash back to the desktop before the animations started on my realm's objects).

Sure, after this update, when I scroll quickly across my realm, it takes a moment for the newly exposed land to be populated with objects. But that display delay is MUCH better than continually crashing -- I don't think I've had a crash since I installed 2.2.

I'm level 50, with every inch of my realm filled with objects. I also have 291 pages of objects in inventory. I'm pretty sure that previous CS versions were hitting memory limits, and the new version appears to have improved memory utilization.

It doesn't bother me that the trees, etc., outside of the Glimmerwood are gone. In fact, it makes it clearer to me which expansion areas are still available, without me having to click on an EXPAND sign. I hadn't noticed the light rays missing. I agree that before they were so bright that it was hard to see which objects underneath them were ready for harvesting, but now I can't tell which objects my neighbors have visited (and which will have a slightly increased harvest value). Perhaps instead of bringing back the long light rays, S8 could simply highlight the neighbor-visited objects (the objects at the end of the previous long rays).

I don't do screenshots so I don't know if that functionality has changed.

I've tried to separate technical comments (fewer crashes) from appearance comments (shrubbery) above, so that CS can determine which realms/hardware have been helped, and which hurt, by this 2.2 update.

I also sometimes play CS on a Galaxy S4; the latest Android version appears to be 2.1.0.1g. Prior to this update, Android crashed less often than iOS, but CS on Android builds up such a huge cache (almost a gigabyte) that my other apps have resource issues. I wish CS on Android would allow putting the cache on my SD card instead of clogging up main memory. Now that 2.2 doesn't crash, it's much nicer to play CS on a big tablet than a small smartphone.

User: Tom2ndMate
    Realm: TP Retirement

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom2ndMate View Post
    I think the iPad 2.2 update is GREAT. I'm running CS on an old iPad 2 (iOS 9.3.5), and this update makes it actually playable.

Before this update, I was having to uninstall and reinstall CS every day. Even after a reinstall, by that afternoon, I would have to start CS 2 or 3 times to actually get it to run (the other times, it would display the splash screen, and then my realm, but then crash back to the desktop before the animations started on my realm's objects).

Sure, after this update, when I scroll quickly across my realm, it takes a moment for the newly exposed land to be populated with objects. But that display delay is MUCH better than continually crashing -- I don't think I've had a crash since I installed 2.2.

I'm level 50, with every inch of my realm filled with objects. I also have 291 pages of objects in inventory. I'm pretty sure that previous CS versions were hitting memory limits, and the new version appears to have improved memory utilization.

It doesn't bother me that the trees, etc., outside of the Glimmerwood are gone. In fact, it makes it clearer to me which expansion areas are still available, without me having to click on an EXPAND sign. I hadn't noticed the light rays missing. I agree that before they were so bright that it was hard to see which objects underneath them were ready for harvesting, but now I can't tell which objects my neighbors have visited (and which will have a slightly increased harvest value). Perhaps instead of bringing back the long light rays, S8 could simply highlight the neighbor-visited objects (the objects at the end of the previous long rays).

I don't do screenshots so I don't know if that functionality has changed.

I've tried to separate technical comments (fewer crashes) from appearance comments (shrubbery) above, so that CS can determine which realms/hardware have been helped, and which hurt, by this 2.2 update.

I also sometimes play CS on a Galaxy S4; the latest Android version appears to be 2.1.0.1g. Prior to this update, Android crashed less often than iOS, but CS on Android builds up such a huge cache (almost a gigabyte) that my other apps have resource issues. I wish CS on Android would allow putting the cache on my SD card instead of clogging up main memory. Now that 2.2 doesn't crash, it's much nicer to play CS on a big tablet than a small smartphone.

User: Tom2ndMate
    Realm: TP Retirement
    Then your one of the lucky ones

I play CS on an IPhone 5. Did the update today and having the same problems mentioned here. It's very annoying and getting on my nerves.

Pls get this solved as I love the game, been playing a long time now but I won't play for long if this goes on as it gives me a headache looking at the screen load in bits and pieces.

I don't mind the loss of the surrounding trees, but only because I have lots of unexpanded land. But having said that, I have neighbors who have fully expanded and their kingdom looks rather bare and odd.
    Last edited by jadefern34; 03-27-18 at 10:52 PM.

Good luck...

I don't know what caused this, but I can tell you everything was normal until this happened:

Info:
    v2.2.0.1g
    Android device, Samsung galaxy phone, single device used.

In settings:
    Music Off
    Sounds Off
    Building Ready Off
    Kingdom Visited Off
    Hide Nadinas Feathers Off
    Profile Comments Off
    Quick Invite On
    Facebook Connect No

I triggered Heksa last night, the final battle, 299 health. As soon as I did that, I heard a muffled audio commercial in the background.

Odd, I checked my chrome browser, and I have only have Castle Story forums open, wierd, ok, maybe something was left over, maybe something just triggered, but ok, I can't SEE anything open, I can't find anything open that would trigger a commercial... well that would trigger anything. (Camera, Text Messages and a link to the Castle Story forums.)

Ok, fought Heksa down to 100 health and set down my device... (Its important to note at this point, I did NOT exit the game, I just let the device "go to sleep") and again, I hear a faint audio commercial. WIERD, again, I check everything, find nothing open, nothing that would trigger this.

About an hour later I start to fall alseep... but again, I hear another commercial coming from my device. I must be dreaming... two hours later I am woken up by another commercial playing, I need sleep, I force the device(Not the game, but my whole phone,) to shut down and restart

I sleep... I wake up in the morning, and enter the game... I begin by triggering all my dailies: send the boys out on adventures, ali's, unicorns, gold mine, beastbane, nagas etc ... all is fine. I start to harvest my morning, crops, resource buildings, resource animals, etc.

When done, I have enough energy to finish Heksa off. I attack her once... and immediately in the background, I hear another audio commercial.

I fight til she is dead. I place my unbuilt Prison. I begin to craft the pieces I need to construct this building.

Its three hours later now since Heksa(299) has been ****ed, I have not restarted my device, I have not restarted my game, and I have not heard another audio commercial playing in the background.

Good luck finding this one... OR well done placing a new way of advertising to us that we have zero control over

Beefus
    Last edited by beefus; 03-29-18 at 06:35 AM.
    Stop censoring\deleting my posts... I'll not make it easy for you.
    I will add my voice loudly to this community. #Censorship
    I will lurk, smirk and be smarter... #PokeTheBear
    MOothrakian Chief Beef<--- Click it... you know you want to...
    CattleProd#1-:📿[🕹🔴🛡]🐮[♦️####################€ᄃ✨⚡️✨

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by beefus View Post
    Good luck...

I don't know what caused this, but I can tell you everything was normal until this happened:

Info:
    v2.2.0.1g
    Android device, Samsung galaxy phone, single device used.

In settings:
    Music Off
    Sounds Off
    Building Ready Off
    Kingdom Visited Off
    Hide Nadinas Feathers Off
    Profile Comments Off
    Quick Invite On
    Facebook Connect No

I triggered Heksa last night, the final battle, 299 health. As soon as I did that, I heard a muffled audio commercial in the background.

Odd, I checked my chrome browser, and I have only have Castle Story forums open, wierd, ok, maybe something was left over, maybe something just triggered, but ok, I can't SEE anything open, I can't find anything open that would trigger a commercial... well that would trigger anything. (Camera, Text Messages and a link to the Castle Story forums.)

Ok, fought Heksa down to 100 health and set down my device... (Its important to note at this point, I did NOT exit the game, I just let the device "go to sleep") and again, I hear a faint audio commercial. WIERD, again, I check everything, find nothing open, nothing that would trigger this.

About an hour later I start to fall alseep... but again, I hear another commercial coming from my device. I must be dreaming... two hours later I am woken up by another commercial playing, I need sleep, I force the device(Not the game, but my whole phone,) to shut down and restart

I sleep... I wake up in the morning, and enter the game... I begin by triggering all my dailies: send the boys out on adventures, ali's, unicorns, gold mine, beastbane, nagas etc ... all is fine. I start to harvest my morning, crops, resource buildings, resource animals, etc.

When done, I have enough energy to finish Heksa off. I attack her once... and immediately in the background, I hear another audio commercial.

I fight til she is dead. I place my unbuilt Prison. I begin to craft the pieces I need to construct this building.

Its three hours later now since Heksa(299) has been ****ed, I have not restarted my device, I have not restarted my game, and I have not heard another audio commercial playing in the background.

Good luck finding this one... OR well done placing a new way of advertising to us that we have zero control over

Beefus
    Ghosts !!!! oh wow crazy
    I hope they can fix what they have done to our games

Oh boy. Last time they released an update before an event, we had troubles with non-upgraded players not getting rewards, and the usual S8 loose programming shenanigans. I'm forcing an update now... and I'm hoping I'm not shooting my game in the foot by doing this.

It took so long to load the game, my Android tablet went to sleep... TWICE. The screen has a 2 minute timer. My wi-fi is 5GB all bars, so you can't blame wi-fi strength.

My kingdom opened to blank grasslands as others have reported... but about 10 seconds later, everything loaded. PHEW! As I roam around my kingdom, I see more grassland that takes a few seconds to load all my buildings etc. The problem is, parts of my kingdom that loaded previously DISAPPEAR. So when I re-swipe to that area, I have to wait a few seconds for that part of my kingdom to repopulate.

Maybe this is a way of making the game faster? Really, the only way to make the game faster is to let the game cache on the device side and let the device side count progress and be the source of truth, rather than constantly downloading and syncing progress with the internet which is always several seconds behind actual game play. Hence why we loose progress and items when the game reloads.

I had this update pop up yesterday & I will not be updating my game, S8! You need to work out the bugs in your bug fixes! How can an update like this even be allowed to be pushed through?

It had better not cause any problems with any upcoming goals!
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast