Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is everything such a gold grab?

Rhino Keeper

Why is everything such a gold grab?

Whether it?s not being able to start a story for 2 days without paying 25 gold, or it?s having to win a battle against a dragon against which it?s impossible to win without using an ultimate attack (I?ve battled 3 times now). I?m freaking level 173 with 5 gold dragons and it?s overwhelming when you can?t do tasks which should be attainable without the use of gold. I don?t know how you expect to attract new players like this. I?m doing the gem offers too and have not been paid like I should be. There are very simple QoL updates that have been missing since I started playing more than 5 years ago. The game is laggy because there are so many things popping up. There are too many events at once. I?m frustrated st the direction this game had gone.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 03-22-18 at 10:06 AM. Reason: discussing mod actions- see forum rules

Rhino Keeper
    Literally how am i supposed to win battles against level 14 dragons when they arent weak to the dragon im having to fight them with. These events used to not make you fight in the battle arena but now its impossible to do without gold. I had 500 gold when i came back and now i have 5 because of these stupid things.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by deamon506 View Post
    Whether it?s not being able to start a story for 2 days without paying 25 gold,
    In the last event forum post someone give this tip: paying the first day (5 gold) to unlock the second chapter and craft the first dragon to do the quest 3-4 times or evolve it dragon to level 10 in the 24 hrs time to unlock chapter 3. the catch? you must start the Tales event (chapter 1) in a weekend to have enough free time.

Is cheaper than use gold to skip acts or unlock later chapters.

or it?s having to win a battle against a dragon against which it?s impossible to win without using an ultimate attack (I?ve battled 3 times now).

Tournament post have lists of dragons and dragons that have win vs specific dragons .
    If you are outside of tournament, the tournament post have a table to guess wich dragon is capable of win without using gold.

I?m freaking level 173 with 5 gold dragons and it?s overwhelming when you can?t do tasks which should be attainable without the use of gold.

gratz! .

I don?t know how you expect to attract new players like this.

Low level players dont have as many events as high level players , his options are limited until lv 80.

I?m doing the gem offers too and have not been paid like I should be.

WHAT i dont have any diamont offer

There are very simple QoL updates that have been missing since I started playing more than 5 years ago.

QoL ?

The game is laggy because there are so many things popping up.

Yes, i have to close 4-5 screens before check my dragons :
    Advertisment of another storm8 game
    Advertisment of sale dragons
    Friends that need maps or gold
    Advertisment to a "new game that is a craze in the h7uman world"
    Bingo Game that i can not install because i dont live in the international space station and is bloqued in my country

The friends screen is fine, dont remove it.

There are too many events at once.

Yes, im thinking that Tales events are a waste of resources, for 350-400k food you get 3 dragons (4 dragons if you change the token for a dragon instead of golden tickets ) and a whole week of stress, meanwhile for the same food you can have 5 dragons in leaderboard event.
    If you dont finish the Tales event you can not get one of the month Dragons, but if you miss calculate something you lost the tales, lost the resoruces and lost the month dragon, so is a stressfull event that breaks souls.

Tournament events are easy if you check the forum the day 2 or 3 , because there are people that finish the tournament in 1 day and post all dragons and his winners.

Leaderboard events are easy because dont have any constraint of what to do , only having enough dragons to feed. Also the Spinwheel is good gambling

World Events are somewhat easy, but are limited by the random good because to get the 2k point you need to breed a specific dragon.

22hr Spin wheel is somewhat stressfull but you can ignore it if you dont like the dragon .

Breedable misions are stressfull only if you are playing other event (TALES).

Bingo is easy if you stay in silver of below , Gold league dont have any good bonus , and you must over spend gold if you want to win.

The mine is a boring minigame, i dont thing that is a event.

ONLY TALES IS A STRESSFULL EVENT , DONT PLAY IT

Rhino Keeper
    When I have to battle, it’s usually telling me to win with a specific dragon. This time I was supposed to win two battles with a Jupiter dragon. I had to face a level 11 dragon and I didn’t have a choice. I ran out of gold so I won’t get this last dragon. I’m completionist oriented but it doesn’t feel like a level playing ground ever. There’s just too many things going on and they should all be attainable without having to use gold or depend on RNG. I don’t think it should be easy, but with diligent playing and consistently checking it should be attainable.

Also, QoL means quality of life. So it makes the game easier without compromising its integrity. Something like an “ask all” option so you don’t have to manually select all your friends.

Rhino Keeper
    I agree. Amazing how it is suddenly difficult to win when there is a Battle Arena task in Bingo! I've got a task to "Win a Battle with one of your Rainbow type Dragons" and have lost three straight battles using my appropriately powerful dragons and two straight losses prior to that when asked to win one with a Mythic type dragon, which all usually win outside of Bingo!

I have to agree with all of you the amount of money I have spent on gold since joining this game is just ridiculous. I don?t think it?s even over 3-4 months some of the timing is outrageous the cost of the nonbreedable even the ones you can breed it?s all designed to suck you in it?s an addiction wanting to see what?s going to hatch what you need to have to get which dragon I keep being close to quitting the game then another contest since it?s not physical gee I might stand a chance. It would be a lot more fun if there weren?t so many contests but rather some kind of level quest were everyone has to accomplish the same tasks and we get the same rewards. We can choose to or not to join in or not. Take our time or not things that are available shouldn?t just disappear. OMG some of us are living on fixed incomes or only get paid once a month. OMG this is to stressful I need to leave this trap it?s not a game it?s a money trap!

I can hear you. Yes, the game play is deteriorating. We are forced to use gold in order to complete some tasks. This is called MONETIZATION! )))))
    And it hurts us, players.

Yes, I had to look that particular term up because I have not heard it before. I thought I knew what you meant, confirmation is a good thing. Yes, that’s exactly what they are doing and yes, the major thing it does is hurt the players.

So to the makers of the game you can hide behind your contests and sales all you want but just like the greedy grabbers you are I’m calling you out. Stop telling us you care about us then go about raising your prices to beyond ridiculous. If you want a good sale how about 50% off and have the sale the entirety of one of your little contests. Also how about an opt out option why the heck should I be put back a league when I choose not to participate in bingo you forced my hand if I didn’t want to loose my standing. I really do enjoy this game but some aspects of it are unfair, costly and infuriating and just need to change.
    Raven

I have also noticed how none of us on this tread complaining about the costs of it all have gotten a reply from any so called administrative personnel. Well, well!

Rhino Keeper
    IM sad to say, the dragon tales once they brought in to breed for a new dragon, I never get the dragon we need to breed. Can't skip because you need the dragon in the future. So last two tales never got the breeding request finished so never got passed Gozo no second, third or forth new dragons. I don't want to ***** by using gold. See having gold against now a level that can not be given to everyone be cause some have gold.....others do not. ...leaves playground unlevel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast