View Poll Results: Did you like this event? Got a Gnome? Which Goal did you get to? Prizes?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Q1. I liked this event

18 17.31%
  • Q1. I didn't like this event

75 72.12%
  • Q2. I got my gnome (using gems, LTOs)

28 26.92%
  • Q2. I got my gnome (without gems, LTOs)

5 4.81%
  • Q2. I didn't get any gnome

59 56.73%
  • Q2. I didn't participate

7 6.73%
  • Q3. Goal 1 to 3

21 20.19%
  • Q3. Goal 4 to 5

21 20.19%
  • Q3. Goal 6 to 7

19 18.27%
  • Q3. Gnome Goal

37 35.58%
  • Q4. I liked Mr. Gnome

43 41.35%
  • Q4. I liked Ms. Gnome

43 41.35%
  • Q4. I didn't like the prizes

14 13.46%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142 LastLast

Thread: Gnome, Sweet Gnome! - 2018 Mar 21 (POLL ADDED)

Executive Chef
    This was, unfortunately, another event I could not ultimately complete. While I found the recipes to be interesting and the search for the Gnome was not an issue (I have a clear enough understanding of my farm's layout that I knew where to look), the biggest issue--for myself and for many others--was the poor drop rate for various items. In my case it was the Spore Sprout from deliveries and Portobello from the pigs (when I finally unlocked it, the Chanterelle I was receiving from the Maple Trees would have been sufficient to have completed a second Terrarium and the recipes for all the extra recipes needed for the additional Gnome coins). Also, the Soft Moss from the Mine and the Iris from the Fishing Pond were not difficult to obtain. However, with Porcini and Portobello being in such high demand for everything, the poor drop rates very much hurt my progress and prevented my successful completion of the event.

Feedback and Suggestions for the future...
    1. In the past, events that required extensive crafting sometimes had everything that was crafted paid for the final goal. It would be nice if all goal events were like that. However, this event, though it started that way, required us to repeat the crafting requirements an additional 4 times (9 times if a player hoped to get both Gnomes). Had the final requirement for the Gnomes been less--say, 2 coins instead of 5--it may have been more bearable with the drop rates being what they were.
    2. Perhaps, if the drop rate were not altered, a different vector could have been selected for the drop of the Portobello, perhaps via harvesting one of the mid-length harvest time crops. Had this been the selected option, the drop rate could have remained the same and players would still have had a reasonable chance of collecting enough Portobello to achieve success.
    3. Alternately, perhaps instead of each collection from the Pigs having the chance of dropping 1 Portobello, perhaps this could be randomized to drop either 1 or 2 (or perhaps up to 3) at once, with 1 being the most likely, but with the occasional 2 (or 3) being dropped. Similarly, drops of Spore Sprouts could be likewise randomized.
    4. At the end of any event, perhaps Mr. Merriweather could be utilized to help players dispose of event items. It is interesting that, during events, he does ask for some of those items (I remember it happening on my farm during the Sweet! Cake Pops! and I think perhaps it also happened during the Rock 'n' Roll World Event, but I'm not sure) but once the event ends he stops asking for them. If perhaps during the next few visits he happened to ask for event items, it would make it easier for players to clear out all their unusable items all at once (since Mr. Merriweather is able to accept more than 10 of one item at a time) rather than putting everything up for sale in lots of only 10 and then discarding it. This would have the added benefit of encouraging more players to expand to the Balloon Dock and make greater use of Mr. Merriweather.

So I have to ask is this event over or now?????

If it is why [] do I have the dam Gnome event again in my TO-DO List since it disappeared 2 days ago????

I agree with PookieBear50 100% with what they said not only was I not able to play the game for a full day since there was a programing/bug problem but it seams like that Storm8 needs to check there gaming programing 1st get the bugs out then release the event to the public. Its all about the programing and how they set it up seams like they don't want anybody to win. Even the days how long the event was supposed to be was [] I thought I had another 8 days to finish and WHOOPPPSSSS it was gone in my to-do list.

It's all how it Storm8 programes the event.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 04-04-18 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Removed inappropriate words

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Heymichx View Post
    I suppose the issue I have with this is that it clearly said next to the gnome I had more days then the event box shows. As so many of us have perceived this incorrectly and been misled it?s been suggested to me to go to trading standards for misleading advertising. It?s a game, usually a brilliant game but spent money in the belief I was now having extra days to achieve a new goal/event. Thinking this over.
    The extra days for the Gnome goals were to give players more time to decide on which gnome they want. The event and Goals 1 to 7 ended on April 2. I'm sorry that it was confusing. I will pass along feedback to the team. And as players, we can also learn from this event to finish everything before the event ends.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by gigis234 View Post
    That?s what I want to know also. I have all these supplies to make a coin and terrarium just taking up space. Is anyone going to answer our questions?
    Are they going to fix it so we can continue playing or should we just get rid of this stuff. This is one of many times this game as been unfair and it?s not cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by amsodopey1 View Post
    Step 3 of after 7 definitely says you will be able to craft coins for the extra days you just won't get supllies?
    I apologise for the confusion on the crafting on the gnome coin. I'm checking on this. Sorry about this once again.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu_linda View Post
    I got one gnome without gems and used gems to get the second. Should I answer that I got my gnome without using gems?
    Wow congrats!! You can select both options.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by EdelweissAlm View Post
    So I have to ask is this event over or now?????

If it is why [] do I have the dam Gnome event again in my TO-DO List since it disappeared 2 days ago????
    The Gnome goals were not suppose to expire when the event ended. They have fixed it thus you have them back in your goal list. The extra days for the Gnome goals were to give players more time to decide on which gnome they want. This event is over.

Host(ess)
    I loved the little gnomes with each goal, and enjoyed participating just for that. Thanks!

That?s all well and good saying it on here but the game doesnt say come onto the forum to see the rules of the game - if this was a condition of play it would show up.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by gigis234 View Post
    That?s what I want to know also. I have all these supplies to make a coin and terrarium just taking up space. Is anyone going to answer our questions?
    Are they going to fix it so we can continue playing or should we just get rid of this stuff. This is one of many times this game as been unfair and it?s not cool.
    Yep I?m waiting too. Barn not handling surplus but hoping to craft another coin. Would love Mr Gnome as I worked so hard for him. Even woke to get mushrooms off pig. Limited sleep for days so threw the toys out of the cot when they took away our crafting options. 🤪 driving me crazy how slow it is to fix as days are ticking away to get him.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynetory2 View Post
    I apologise for the confusion on the crafting on the gnome coin. I'm checking on this. Sorry about this once again.
    4 days left. Is anyone looking into this? Urgent. Time is ticking away😱