View Poll Results: Did you like this event? Got a Gnome? Which Goal did you get to? Prizes?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Q1. I liked this event

18 17.31%
  • Q1. I didn't like this event

75 72.12%
  • Q2. I got my gnome (using gems, LTOs)

28 26.92%
  • Q2. I got my gnome (without gems, LTOs)

5 4.81%
  • Q2. I didn't get any gnome

59 56.73%
  • Q2. I didn't participate

7 6.73%
  • Q3. Goal 1 to 3

21 20.19%
  • Q3. Goal 4 to 5

21 20.19%
  • Q3. Goal 6 to 7

19 18.27%
  • Q3. Gnome Goal

37 35.58%
  • Q4. I liked Mr. Gnome

43 41.35%
  • Q4. I liked Ms. Gnome

43 41.35%
  • Q4. I didn't like the prizes

14 13.46%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Gnome, Sweet Gnome! - 2018 Mar 21 (POLL ADDED)

Just a quick update on my post of a few hours ago. ..
    Just did my 4th harvest of pigs today, and got my FIRST mushroom from them... at that rate.... I should be able to finish task 5 of 7 sometime around day 14....
    What....?? The event doesn't last that long...?
    Who knew.... lol.

My piggies have not cooperated during this entire event. I get no mushrooms or maybe one every 3 hours. In the end for the 5 coins I figured out that I?m going to need a total of 68 portobello mushrooms to get a gnome. (I deducted what I already have in my barn from the previous goals). If I would be lucky enough to get 2 mushrooms every time I checked my pigs it would take a total of 102 hours (4 days) straight of checking them exactly every 3 hours...there?s no way. This is my third event that I haven?t been able to complete and I play a lot.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by PookieBear50 View Post
    Another option is, if you are--like many players--waiting on one ingredient or another (probably the Portobello mushrooms), you can harvest potatoes and carrots and make stew. It uses up 3 bacon (unless I'm totally mistaken) to the 1 used for Pet Feed. I generally make Pet Feed because it sells quickly, but stew uses up more at a time.
    Good idea PookieBear50 ! your suggestion along with Judy's will help me empty the bacon from my barn WITH a profit!! $$$$$

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondiegirlhi View Post
    Ok, I?ve tried to keep quiet this go round, as I was pretty negative on the last event. But, hello...1 mushroom from 12 pigs every collection. What is going on here? I just don?t get why developers of a game would make completing events so nearly impossible, unless you want to spend a lot of money or diamonds to complete them. I can see that some people have diamonds they have collected and use them to finish early or finish at all. But most players would not have this cache of diamonds available. I guess the game is evolving but leaving out a lot of players that would otherwise be very committed and dedicated. I know there are still 7 more days, but I?ve done some calculations and know there is absolutely no way to finish to get Mr or Mrs Gnome. Disappointed and sad...but not frustrated this time as I?m coming to expect this result.
    I am also getting low drops from Pigs AND from deliveries.
    I have started many events that I was never able to finish and felt very frustrated. But so goes the world of 'working' and 'not staring at this 24/7'. So The difference for me THIS time is that I KNEW I wouldn't finish (finally realistic). I went into it with the attitude that I would get a few gnomes. Like you, this is the first time that I am 'ok' with knowing that I won't complete the quest. I decided to just have fun completing each goal. Just my take on this.

Rhino Keeper
    I’ve played many events where the drop rates for 1 or 2 items were low. This, however is the first event where the drop rates for every item needed was below 10%. Unless I’m willing to spend hundreds of gems or more there is no way I will craft 5 coins. I’ll be lucky to craft 1 coin before the ability to collect mushrooms ends. No rant on the event just what my game gives for this event.

Rhino Keeper
    I am voicing displeasure at the next to nothing drop rate of the pigs and the recent practice of not being able to buy and sell goal items.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 03-28-18 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Removed mod action comments

I really do not think this one is possible. Pigs are only giving 1-2 miushrooms a time yesterday twice ii collected nothing from them. Getting a little impatient with this quest.

Any hints on fishing / mining? Did you have to leave each time you fished to see if you got a flower or not?

Rhino Keeper
    Well I am still stuck at stage 3. I used the helpful tip of Pookies , but the gnomes are very minimal. I'm not on 24/7 however on enough surely to collect more than I am. Over the time we have certainly had poor drop rates but this one for me is the worst of the worst.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by princessskykennedy View Post
    Any hints on fishing / mining? Did you have to leave each time you fished to see if you got a flower or not?
    For fishing, watch your screen carefully after you tap on and collect the fish, and before you use another bait. You may see a "ghost" of the flower rising towards the top of the screen

For mining, I don't remember seeing the moss rising on the screen, but I do remember hearing a sound that indicated I had received a moss. It usually occurred right before I started mining again with a new tool. (I'll try going into the mine during my lunch break and revise this if necessary.)

EDIT: just finished in the mine. After you have finished using a tool (doesn't matter which one) to mine for, well, anything, and you decide to remain in the mine and continue searching, listen carefully. After you select the next tool, you may hear the same sound that you hear when 1) finding something, or 2) collecting something from anywhere on the farm (goods, crops, etc.). That indicates that you have just received a Moss.

EDIT #2: the flower appears right before you reel in your line with whatever you caught.
    Last edited by PookieBear50; 03-28-18 at 06:43 PM.