Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Crashes and lag on Ipod touch 2nd generation

New Resident
    This problem was affecting my iPod Touch 2G to the extreme, then my iOS stopped working. It was getting longer and longer lags making the game very difficult. I reset and reinstalled my iPod and reset all configs at same time and restarted from scratch. Still same old iPod Touch 2G, still same iOS 4.2.1 but difference is Resto Story now work at top speed. I think iOS gets corrupted with time after installing/uninstalling new apps / updates. RS being memory hungry probably not helping. I would really like option "Not interested with promos" or "Game Center". That "Game Center" I just ignored on my new install and now it doesn't bother me connecting to Game Center over and over. Another plus of a fresh install.

Rhino Keeper
    My touch 2nd gen also gets VERY slow after a few mins of play. I have the latest versions of both BS & RS, and my touch is up to date at 4.2.1.

I deleted almost everything, all non-essential apps, all my music, etc... so my memory is less than 1/4 used up (most of that is the two games)... over 3/4 free!

Not sure how to "turn off" spotlight search... I went into it, and unchecked all the choices... so I hope that means it's "off"... I couldn't find an "on/off" switch.

But how do you do a "cold reboot"??? I was told to hold both down till the red slider came up... but if that's not right, how do I do it?

As for the person who said their easy fix was to just go buy a 4th gen... umm... wanna buy me one too? lol I certainly can't afford it!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234