View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this event?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree - Going Gnome (Gnome animals + Hewitt)

64 41.83%
  • Neutral - Going Gnome

62 40.52%
  • Disagree - Going Gnome

23 15.03%
  • Agree - Gnome Man's Land (Fabron, Dwayne, Kane and Giles gnomes)

67 43.79%
  • Neutral - Gnome Man's Land

50 32.68%
  • Disagree - Gnome Man's Land

30 19.61%
  • Agree - Glimmerwood Egg (pastel animals)

85 55.56%
  • Neutral - Glimmerwood Egg

36 23.53%
  • Disagree - Glimmerwood Egg

26 16.99%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 79 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2969757677787980 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 03/15 - Going Gnome + Glimmerwood Egg - final prize on your board

Farm Supplier
    Disappointing overall. I git Dwayne and all the glimmer animals incl unicirn but failed to get anything else.

The egging gnome only started to appear 2 days before the end of the entire event, which frankly sucked :-(

Starting to wonder again if its worth participating in these.

Executive Chef
    I liked Gnome man's land (the prizes are beneficial)
    Neutral on going gnome (while cute, the animals are an ok addition, not much energy required to complete)
    Disliked Glimmerwood Egg because the energy requirement was just too intensive. At least this time Ivy was a guaranteed drop and you could miss a collection or two. Also, yet more animals that are prizes. The problem with animals/buildings with a different theme but same function is we all know that at some point those items will be required for a quest but they won't be coded to drop what is needed. While S8 has been better at this recently, there will be personnel changes and the new coders won't know all the animals/buildings to "turn on" during events.

Hopefully S8 will let us know the final prize and drops up front for all future events.

Executive Chef
    Deleted

Rhino Keeper
    Ha ha confusing poll to vote on - can hardly remember all of the elements. Happy with the Ali, and that little fellow who drops living wood. Parked Hewitt in the town hall and the others are all off to store soon. Kept the energy crates for a needy moment. All graphics were great!

The first 2 parts of this even were nice, I enjoyed them. The pastel animals... do they ever grow up, or will they stay small forever (or I just haven't fed them enough?) So incredibly unhappy with all the glitches, crashes, rule changes, and other issues with the pastel animals event as a whole.

Energy use wasn't too bad for me, but I was sad to see S8 revert to "chop a million trees in order to succeed" format. I liked the inventiveness of having to check several different places to get items. They should nominate more long collection locations to drop event items rather than chopping trees and rocks. That gets boring about the second tree in.

I'm cautiously optimistic they've learned their lesson on this event, and thus the tree-creature-event (??) will have less glitches. Fingers crossed!

Things Crafted this event:
    2 Fabron
    1 Dwayne
    2 Kane
    1 Giles (I guess he was awarded, not crafted.)
    5 Egging Gnomes (I needed guards around my mines.)
    17 Bronze Egg Token
    17 Silver Egg Token
    17 Gold Egg Token
    1 Pastel Unicorn

Purchased:
    1 Gnome Worker
    1 Gnome Knight
    2 Pastel Unicorn

... however I asked for my neighbor assistance too soon, so I have 9 of each Egg Token type left over instead of 1.

First collection of the Three Pastel Unicorns: 2\2\2 (FUn!)

And I even finished my final Heksa battle during this event.

The thing I liked most about any of this was when it was time to fight for Kane, EVERY hit on a farm house triggered a mob.

The thing I disliked the most about this, aside from the coding, changing rules, crappy implementation of the entire update and poor communication, was when it came time to fight the Egging Gnomes, it took multiple attempts to trigger something TO fight.

If you want me to fight something, make it spawn the first time... and make me **** 10 more of whatever it is. But PLEASE stop making me waste energy trying to spawn a mob.

MOo
    Beefus
    Last edited by beefus; 03-29-18 at 08:30 AM.
    Stop censoring\deleting my posts... I'll not make it easy for you.
    I will add my voice loudly to this community. #Censorship
    I will lurk, smirk and be smarter... #PokeTheBear
    MOothrakian Chief Beef<--- Click it... you know you want to...
    CattleProd#1-:📿[🕹🔴🛡]🐮[♦️####################€ᄃ✨⚡️✨

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by jesslau9 View Post
    did you craft the Alicorn? they rewarded 5 gnomes as a reward
    Yes, I did. That could be the explanation. Ty.

Quote Originally Posted by beefus View Post

If you want me to fight something, make it spawn the first time... and make me **** 10 more of whatever it is. But PLEASE stop making me waste energy trying to spawn a mob.

MOo
    Beefus
    I skipped the egging gnome altogether because of this. At one point, I had to hit 7 farmhouses to get a spawn. I dropped out at that point.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by beefus View Post
    Things Crafted this event...5 Egging Gnomes (I needed guards around my mines.)
    I can picture the Gnome Guard now, that would be adorable! I only crafted 2 Egging Gnomes and it was only because I make 2 of everything possible. His drops weren't anywhere near good enough for me to justify using all that energy. Especially since he came after all the other Gnomes that have pretty great drops in comparison. Maybe if they had him come first and made his spawns guaranteed like the others or require less eggs then I might have been more receptive to him? As it was, I just had a hard time scraping up any enthusiasm for the poor lil' guy.

Kudos on you for such dedication, though.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Poll added and available for 4 days. If on mobile device, login and select Full Site to see it.
    Thank-you SpiritWind! You do such a nice job with that and your gentle spirit is so calming to us. Especially when we create emotional storms.

I don't always post when I visit the forum & I visit a lot. Seems every time I try to play CS without checking forum, I miss something important. So I'm learning to appreciate you & this place more & more. 😊