Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I feel like a beggar

Quote Originally Posted by eeveldoll View Post
    You know what, Vana, I just realised what 'Zero Star' in your signature actually meant hahahaha I thought it was a nickname you came up with cuz it sounded pretty!
    pretty like Death Star?
    lol ))) yes, you're right, i was trying to warn users that i'm not the best neighbor candidate

back to topic, if there'll ever be a poll about qtty of parts, i'll join this thread.

what we had earlier, 2 goal ovens per month (one for 10 parts, second for 20 parts), plus maybe one non-goal oven for 10 parts.

now it's 4 ovens per month (1st for 22 parts + 2nd for 28 parts, and next time the same), plus flash goals for which not all players have appliances...
    and this manner to increase qtty of required parts for old re-released apps is smth... like if flash goals were just an easy walk without that.

if the target is to utilize parts from our inventory - okay.
    but why adding 4 new parts per month then?!
    the list is around 200 now!
    ppl are totally lost in wht to gift but previous goal parts...
    Last edited by VanaCatu; 03-16-18 at 10:40 PM.

I never understood the decline button for requests
    this i can explain. i never paid attention before, so i decided to check today.

in case you decline the request your friend sent before reset, you can get and fulfill another one today (if he needs smth new and send you another request tdy).
    but in case you accept the request sent before reset, then you will receive his tdy's (new) request only next day or more (or never).

it can be helpful if you see requests older than 24hrs.
    for example, yesterday i needed bunny ears and asked everyone of it.
    tdy my daughter got that request and declined it. and then i sent her request for pastels.
    thus, she actually saw two requests from one user per one gameday.

ps: but of course it can be helpful only in case you know for sure that nbr needs smth else today.
    o/wise while you're trying to ask on his wall if it's so, the request may just disappear...
    so i guess it is better to accept it as soon as it pops up in this case...
    Last edited by VanaCatu; 03-17-18 at 02:51 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyboots17 View Post
    This is only my perspective on neighbouring, everyone has their own reasons for keeping neighbours ofc, but I view it as a business partnership. Casual and often friendly, but "business" nonetheless. With the exception of players who are playing with their RL friends and family, the majority of neighbours are strangers.

I send requests and, in turn, accept any requests. Doesn't matter if it's every day. This is what I expect from my neighbours and what I would think they'd expect of me. Same goes for gifting. How many of us would even bother to seek out and keep neighbours if they weren't required by the game to build appliances and expand? I think maintaining good neighbours with the same playing style as you is one of the biggest headaches of the game. I'd think that some players who don't mind spending real money on gems do not even bother with keeping neighbours and perhaps "gem" their way through the game.

So why feel bad for something that is part of the game's design? If any neighbour is bothered by receiving daily requests there's always the delete button and it's better that both players find neighbours with the same playing style.

As for being low on supplies, it also helps to store up on basic parts consistently which is where I think the "parts only" players have a significant advantage. Between goals I ask/send out basic parts and during goals my neighbours only ever gift the goal parts.
    Well said. Ive often wonders if others understand the idea of having neighbors. Nice to know there are a few out there.

Rhino Keeper
    Perfectly stated! I have quit the game a few times because of the time that is requires. This last time I realized that I could bake in all ovens I have, buy tables, chairs, decor, walls, floors, and decor. The ONLY reason we NEED neighbors is for goal parts. This is why when a goal is ending I ask my neighbors to HOLD gifts that day. If they can't, then they are not a good neighbor fit. I am not here to make friends. I am here to bake and decorate. So the only reason you NEED neighbors if for goal parts and in between to stock up on parts. Maybe it would be nice if we all cut back on tipping. It would save us all time. Who cares how many stars you have? As long as you are actively playing and decorating, so that I know I can count on you to be there for goals. My perspective changes on this game daily. Anyone understand what I am talking about lol Maybe it would be nice to have a thread for neighbors who don't want to tip and will hold gifts for goals and send parts only. And honestly if someone deletes you...there are 1000s more playing trust me. If we all did this right, we would need 20 to a max of 30 neighbors because after all we get 20 gifts and requests per day. That is why being in the same time zone helps so we know they will be on when goals come and not sleeping. I have deleted almost all recent gifters for this reason. It's made my life easier.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    Had no idea people actually still tipped. Lol.
    Not for much longer, I won't. I know I'll lose some good neighbors and I don't want to lose them, but it's too much work, the goals & the tipping. I have to either quit tipping or quit the game. So I'm quitting the tipping. Feel a little like I'm walking the plank, neighbor-wise, lol. Has to be done, though.

Quote Originally Posted by kayjco View Post
    Not for much longer, I won't. I know I'll lose some good neighbors and I don't want to lose them, but it's too much work, the goals & the tipping. I have to either quit tipping or quit the game. So I'm quitting the tipping. Feel a little like I'm walking the plank, neighbor-wise, lol. Has to be done, though.
    I completely agree with you, and intend to do the same. I doubt that any high-level players care much about tips. I certainly don't delete good neighbors just because they rarely tip. I have several excellent neighbors who are 0-star rated.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sgoetzinger99 View Post
    I completely agree with you, and intend to do the same. I doubt that any high-level players care much about tips. I certainly don't delete good neighbors just because they rarely tip. I have several excellent neighbors who are 0-star rated.
    No more jokes? Nooooooo!

This is somewhat off subject but one thing I really do WISH they would implement is a 'Select all' for gifting. I respond to requests daily, because that's what us neighbors are for, but I can't deny skipping gifts some days when I'm just too lazy to go click through my 100+ neighbors lol.
    Adds welcome, but Sorry, no tipping! ^.^

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Weenietots View Post
    This is somewhat off subject but one thing I really do WISH they would implement is a 'Select all' for gifting. I respond to requests daily, because that's what us neighbors are for, but I can't deny skipping gifts some days when I'm just too lazy to go click through my 100+ neighbors lol.
    Agree. I, too, wish that we have a 'Select All' feature. Sometimes when I want to select my neighbours to gift during reset but then life happens and I can't gift till hours later. Some of my neighbours might think that I'm not gifting when they're maxed out already because I'm also zero star. :/
    You don't know what you're capable of until you can pick yourself up after falling down.

Agree. I, too, wish that we have a 'Select All' feature. Sometimes when I want to select my neighbours to gift during reset but then life happens and I can't gift till hours later. Some of my neighbours might think that I'm not gifting when they're maxed out already because I'm also zero star. :/
    Same here. Most of my neighbors that gift usually get ones in return but there are a handful I hardly ever manage to gift too. I'm thankful they don't delete me, since I too am zero stars and they're my best neighbors lol. I honestly don't understand the ones that manage to send specific gifts to people.. I'm impressed with their devotion lol.
    Adds welcome, but Sorry, no tipping! ^.^

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast