Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I feel like a beggar

Rhino Keeper

I feel like a beggar

With the never-ending parts needed to build ovens for never ending goals I feel like a beggar. I realize that even basic parts are being depleted and there will come a time that every part needed will be a request.

Executive Chef
    Fortunately we're all in the same boat, so you don't have to feel like you're imposing on your neighbors.

But yeah, it would be nice to need fewer parts.

Fashion Designer
    It's one tap. When I log on, there is a list of requests. Unless I have time to send each person the item they've requested, I don't even look at who made requests. I just tap "Aceept, accept, accept." I can accept a dozen requests in about five seconds.

Accepting requests is the least time-consuming, least chore-like part of playing. Tap, tap, tap - accept, accept, accept.

Don't worry about requesting things.

It's the constant goals wearing me down. I don't want to tip any more. Something has to give - the goals or the tipping. It's too much.

Farm Supplier
    I don't like sending many requests to my neighbours everyday, too. Wish Storm8 would lessen the parts needed for each goal, or increase the number of requests we can send per day! (And both will be great!)

This is only my perspective on neighbouring, everyone has their own reasons for keeping neighbours ofc, but I view it as a business partnership. Casual and often friendly, but "business" nonetheless. With the exception of players who are playing with their RL friends and family, the majority of neighbours are strangers.

I send requests and, in turn, accept any requests. Doesn't matter if it's every day. This is what I expect from my neighbours and what I would think they'd expect of me. Same goes for gifting. How many of us would even bother to seek out and keep neighbours if they weren't required by the game to build appliances and expand? I think maintaining good neighbours with the same playing style as you is one of the biggest headaches of the game. I'd think that some players who don't mind spending real money on gems do not even bother with keeping neighbours and perhaps "gem" their way through the game.

So why feel bad for something that is part of the game's design? If any neighbour is bothered by receiving daily requests there's always the delete button and it's better that both players find neighbours with the same playing style.

As for being low on supplies, it also helps to store up on basic parts consistently which is where I think the "parts only" players have a significant advantage. Between goals I ask/send out basic parts and during goals my neighbours only ever gift the goal parts.

Rhino Keeper
    I agree with the person above. Requesting parts is part of the game and is very easy to fulfill, with hardly any effort. I love being able to fill my neighbors requests and like knowing that I am helping them build their ovens. I do not see it as begging.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by kayjco View Post
    It's one tap. When I log on, there is a list of requests. Unless I have time to send each person the item they've requested, I don't even look at who made requests. I just tap "Aceept, accept, accept." I can accept a dozen requests in about five seconds.

Accepting requests is the least time-consuming, least chore-like part of playing. Tap, tap, tap - accept, accept, accept.

Don't worry about requesting things.

It's the constant goals wearing me down. I don't want to tip any more. Something has to give - the goals or the tipping. It's too much.
    Had no idea people actually still tipped. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    Had no idea people actually still tipped. Lol.
    Wow i see you!!!
    Lol )))
    (sorry, was really glad to see you here plus, as always, you made my day with just one sentence!
    That's from "I'm Zero star, nice to meet you")))

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by VanaCatu View Post
    Wow i see you!!!
    Lol )))
    (sorry, was really glad to see you here plus, as always, you made my day with just one sentence!
    That's from "I'm Zero star, nice to meet you")))
    You know what, Vana, I just realised what 'Zero Star' in your signature actually meant hahahaha I thought it was a nickname you came up with cuz it sounded pretty!
    You don't know what you're capable of until you can pick yourself up after falling down.

Rhino Keeper
    Agree with sandylbaum and dirtyboots.

I like helping my neighbours fulfill requests too. It's a nice feeling that you know that they'll help you out when you request for parts in return. Like what dirtyboots said, it's a 'business partnership'. I help you, you help me. If we can be online friends, even better! Cuz at least you get a little bit of insight on their lifestyle and you know when to ask for parts at which time of the day. As for me, I have a lot of neighbours who are in the US so I know to ask for parts early morning my time, so that they can accept my requests as they get off work. And usually they've already sent out parts requests so I can just click accept.

I never understood the decline button for requests, but yeah, like another player once told me, maybe it was a few days old request and they probably aren't building the ovens anymore so just decline so as not to clog up the queue. Oh well. I accept them so that the person have extra parts for another oven that might need it in the future
    You don't know what you're capable of until you can pick yourself up after falling down.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast