Thread: Gift reset time?

Rhino Keeper

Gift reset time?

Trying to figure out something here. I live in the Central U.S. time zone and had been gifting some neighbors at 2am my time because the gift reset happened at 12am Pacific and their are 10 or so neighbors of mine who like to accept all their gifts around reset, which is really late for ms.

So, I'm waiting until 2am to gift in the morning and around 12am-1:30am, I'm looking at my neighbors walls to see what parts they need. All of the gift buttons are shaded so I know had not reached reset yet (it was getting close 1:57 am at that time). 2am strikes and I wait about 3-5 minutes, look at my neighbors list, and noticed the gift buttons are still shaded. I tried gifting at their restaurants and those gift icons were shaded. I couldn't gift at all.

With the time springing forward, does the reset time move forward too? I sure don't want to stay up that long nor wake up at that hour just to send gifts. 2am is a struggle and I try to reserve that for the weekend but was up last night and decided to send gifts.

A couple of neighbors have adjusted their gift accepting and I'm able to gift at a reasonable time. The real kicker is a majority of those that accept at reset are parts neighbors and I'm a parts guy so that puts me in a bind.

I wish there was a better reset time that can work for those of us that are usually asleep can gift at reset.

Quote Originally Posted by G4OU812 View Post
    Trying to figure out something here. I live in the Central U.S. time zone and had been gifting some neighbors at 2am my time because the gift reset happened at 12am Pacific and their are 10 or so neighbors of mine who like to accept all their gifts around reset, which is really late for ms.

So, I'm waiting until 2am to gift in the morning and around 12am-1:30am, I'm looking at my neighbors walls to see what parts they need. All of the gift buttons are shaded so I know had not reached reset yet (it was getting close 1:57 am at that time). 2am strikes and I wait about 3-5 minutes, look at my neighbors list, and noticed the gift buttons are still shaded. I tried gifting at their restaurants and those gift icons were shaded. I couldn't gift at all.

With the time springing forward, does the reset time move forward too? I sure don't want to stay up that long nor wake up at that hour just to send gifts. 2am is a struggle and I try to reserve that for the weekend but was up last night and decided to send gifts.

A couple of neighbors have adjusted their gift accepting and I'm able to gift at a reasonable time. The real kicker is a majority of those that accept at reset are parts neighbors and I'm a parts guy so that puts me in a bind.

I wish there was a better reset time that can work for those of us that are usually asleep can gift at reset.
    You should consider getting some new neighbors! It is not fair or reasonable to expect people to be available to gift you in the middle of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by sgoetzinger99 View Post
    You should consider getting some new neighbors! It is not fair or reasonable to expect people to be available to gift you in the middle of the night.
    How fair is it when my reset has been at 2 am CST during the last 7 years I have been playing, it never changed until Storm8 ownership, now after this time change its at 3 am, they don't know how to write code for new goals,they just copy the old ones, and they don't have a clue how to fix the time change! And I'm glad I don't have you as a nbr! I bet your reset isn't in the middle of the night!

Fashion Designer
    First, send your gifts whenever it is convenient for YOU. You don't need to have the game altering your sleep schedule. Don't allow that. That's too much.

Now, for gifting at reset...Yes, sometimes all the gift buttons remain greeted out. It's weird. Usually, if you exit the game and go back into it, it'll work. Go into the Neighbors tab. If that doesn't work, visit one of your neighbors. If you aren't playing right at reset, it's usually not issue. But if you have the game on when it resets, you may have that greyed out thing going on.

I don't read walls, but that's not the problem. The problem is your game rolling to the next day. But once one neighbor is recognized, so will all the others.

Ms. Sgoetzinger is a FANTASTIC neighbor. I don't know what time she gifts because I don't keep track of who gifts when, but she's the kind of neighbor everyone wishes they had.

Rhino Keeper
    Well, thanks for the feedback everyone. Finding day parts gifters are few and far between and I've lost a bunch of those since right after Christmas. I've picked up 3 since then so every little bit helps and yes, I've visited the Add Me thread for parts players. I see I need check my spelling and grammar twice before I post but my grammar has slid with my age over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by peppy903 View Post
    How fair is it when my reset has been at 2 am CST during the last 7 years I have been playing, it never changed until Storm8 ownership, now after this time change its at 3 am, they don't know how to write code for new goals,they just copy the old ones, and they don't have a clue how to fix the time change! And I'm glad I don't have you as a nbr! I bet your reset isn't in the middle of the night!
    Obviously, you misunderstood me. Reset for me is at 3AM, and I'm never awake then. I was agreeing with the OP, and saying she doesn't need neighbors who make rules or demands. I know my neighbors' time zones, and they know mine. We play the game in a laid-back, courteous manner, which is a lot more fun.

Ms. Sgoetzinger is a FANTASTIC neighbor. I don't know what time she gifts because I don't keep track of who gifts when, but she's the kind of neighbor everyone wishes they had.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, Kay. You're a pretty terrific neighbor, too.
    What your ID?

Quote Originally Posted by sgoetzinger99 View Post
    Exactly, I work full time. I can't stay up but until midnight or longer to send gifts to my nbrs . After all, this is a game that I use to distress from my life, from work, from so many things... people don't understand that some of us have lives outside of this game and it's becoming more of a chore than a pleasurable thing!!!

Executive Chef
    Can you imagine if game developers actually tried to code so that reset happened at a "reasonable" time for each time zone? I don't think it would go well.

Fashion Designer
    Personally, I don't care when the game resets, what time I gift or what time my neighbors gift. Back when we knew what day & time the goal would start, I'd gift at that time. Now, I gift when I gift. I try to do it at night if there's a goal due, but whatever. I'm not knocking myself out. This game is not a job.

Storm8 is doing what millions of companies have tried to do - they're trying to figure out how much money they can make without driving customers away. The problem with that game is that when you get the answer, you're out of business. You either need to be a good businessman or take some classes in economics to do it right. They don't seem to have done either.

So they'll load up on goals. Either people will spend a lot more money or they'll quit playing. I'm thinking the latter, but for all of our sakes I'm hoping for the former.