Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Constant Resetting???

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Please submit a request through support.storm8.com for individual assistance and support will help you troubleshoot. We checked the game and there haven't been any issues with saving data to the game servers.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    Please submit a request through support.storm8.com for individual assistance and support will help you troubleshoot. We checked the game and there haven't been any issues with saving data to the game servers.
    Dear Elsa, we have no issues with servers saving data (: ★

But what we are highlighting is the game resets - we will keep trying till data is saved to servers! ★

Please advise how we would be submitting our issues as a request for S8 to look into this, cos the game resets in a blink of eye, and this happens randomly during game play. We won't be able to send you any screenshot, etc, but the best is to describe our experiences here.

Or do we describe our experiences individually over to support.storm8.com ? ★ ty ★
    // my DS achievement (: ★ 3300+ essence ★

Quote Originally Posted by Den8137259 View Post
    Dear Elsa, please advise how we would be submitting our issues as a request for S8 to look into this, cos the game resets in a blink of eye, and this happens randomly during game play. We won't be able to send you any screenshot, etc, but the best is to describe our experiences here.

Do we describe our experiences individually over to support.storm8.com ? ★ ty ★
    Yes, please be as descriptive as possible as to when it happens for you. If you know dates/times, they can check your game logs for you.

If it's a game issue, it won't truly be a random as game issues almost always present themselves as patterns so maybe they can help you identify the pattern. Typically, if there's no pattern there's some kind of connection disturbance.

Executive Chef
    Yes, please be as descriptive as possible as to when it happens for you. If you know dates/times, they can check your game logs for you.
    Hi Elsa

just one more question! i am not from the USA, and thus date/time would differ, and we ended up looking at irrelevant log files.

I know you've used https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...r-classic.html to do it, but what settings do we put to find the correct time/date for S8?

Please advise! Thank you! ★

Hi Elsa

just one more question! i am not from the USA, and thus date/time would differ, and we ended up looking at irrelevant log files.

I know you've used https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...r-classic.html to do it, but what settings do we put to find the correct time/date for S8?

Please advise! Thank you! ★
    USA, California - San Francisco

Executive Chef
    Thank you! (:

If it's a game issue, it won't truly be a random as game issues almost always present themselves as patterns so maybe they can help you identify the pattern. Typically, if there's no pattern there's some kind of connection disturbance.
    I'll do better than being descriptive. I got hit again with a series of resets and managed to do a screen recording of some (not all) of them. I've cropped out details like the amount of gold/coins/food I have and annotated the video at points where the resets occured.

I happen to know that it's not much use (actually it's useless) to submit trouble tickets for issues of this nature, no matter how descriptive we make them because the developer is unlikely to ever see them happening in their in-house development and testing environment.

Here's the video: https://youtu.be/gSb88xOkquM

For those who've responded to this thread and others who have not responded but have experienced resets similar to the ones you see on this video, please post a comment here so the developers will know that these aren't isolated incidences.

Last edited by deadpixel; 11-12-19 at 10:00 PM.

Please advise how we would be submitting our issues as a request for S8 to look into this, cos the game resets in a blink of eye, and this happens randomly during game play. We won't be able to send you any screenshot, etc, but the best is to describe our experiences here.

Or do we describe our experiences individually over to support.storm8.com ? ★ ty ★
    I don't know about Android devices, but iOS devices have a screen recording function complete with audio (since iOS 11), that'll allow you to record all that goes on on screen. You can then post the video (via Youtube or Vimeo).

What I've experienced is that these resets usually do not just occur once but rather they go on for a few minutes, so when you're hit with one reset, quickly turn on the recording and you'll be able to capture the next few that come along.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    I'll do better than being descriptive. I got hit again with a series of resets and managed to do a screen recording of some (not all) of them. I've cropped out details like the amount of gold/coins/food I have and annotated the video at points where the resets occured.

I happen to know that it's not much use (actually it's useless) to submit trouble tickets for issues of this nature, no matter how descriptive we make them because the developer is unlikely to ever see them happening in their in-house development and testing environment.

Here's the video: https://youtu.be/gSb88xOkquM

For those who've responded to this thread and others who have not responded but have experienced resets similar to the ones you see on this video, please post a comment here so the developers will know that these aren't isolated incidences.
    I have had this happen, although never to this extent. Usually it just happens once and then I can move on with things.

Quote Originally Posted by saghaven View Post
    I get resets as well as the app force closing constantly on its own. It's been going on for weeks now and it's ridiculous.
    It happens to me too, on some occasions as many as three times within five minutes. Though what actually happens is that the game does not "force close", it actually crashes and you get kicked out to the home screen of your device. When you tap on the game icon again, it doesn't do a fresh reload of the game but starts from the loaded portion still in the device's memory.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast