Thread: Note for android players

Executive Chef

Note for android players

If you've been playing Founders version only, it might be a good idea to switch to basic RS.

This is embarrassing, but I just today realized why I couldn't watch an ad to speed cooking on my tablet but could on my phone. I had different versions installed! Fortunately, the phone is where I played my secondary accounts, which get ads-for-gems offers, so I wasn't missing out on gems, just a couple of speed-ups. Still, not my finest moment--I wouldn't even have noticed if I hadn't deleted and reinstalled on my phone and accidentally grabbed Founders instead of the basic I'd been using.

So anyway, it's possible your account has offers you haven't seen if you stayed with the last version released.

Rhino Keeper
    A peaceful sunshiny speck of dust in the Caribbean
    This was quite an astute observation. I started playing in May 2016, and I've been using the Founders version since it was launched in February 2017. I have one main restaurant, which I log into multiple times a day. I have nine extra restaurants, which I only log into once per day. I have never had the "videos for gems (VFG)" or "videos for shorter cook times(VFC)" features in any of my restaurants.

After reading your post, I downloaded the basic RS on my phone on Sunday, and logged into the nine extra restaurants. Two of them had the VFG feature, and one had the VFC enabled. My main restaurant had nothing new. On Monday, I download the basic RS on my tablet, and the VFG icon eventually appeared in all of my nine extras. My main restaurant? Nada.

Even though the VFG feature is now accessible, I find it very unreliable. On several occasions, I played 4-5 videos, and was awarded the gems, only to have the "out of sync" message appear, after which the "free" gems disappeared. On another occasion, I played 20 videos between 2 accounts, but was awarded 17 gems total. So for now, I'm leaving that icon alone, as it's a waste of time to play videos, and have the gems taken back when the restaurant syncs with the server.

I do wonder, though, how random this feature really is. It's enabled in the 9 barely used restaurants. I don't do goals in these. Each has only 9 neighbours - the other 8 extras and my main account. The walls are practically bare, as visits from other players are rare. I log in only once per day, and spend less than 3 minutes in each. Yet, in my main restaurant that's very active, I get nothing.
    Chief Cook and Bottle Washer at these fine dining establishments: Trini Vibes, Aloo Pie, Cou Cou, Benne Balls, Tamarind Ball, Chili Bibi, Sugar Cake, Toolum, Ponche de Creme, Buss Up Shut, Seamoss, Souse, Mauby and Kurma

Hi teaspoons, I've stayed with founders and I'm bored out of my mind. Are you saying I should switch back to the basic RS??

New Resident
    I get the video screen box that says free gems on the top, I have Never received any gems. Sometimes it will say free gems in x hours, nada. But I have heard same, that nbrs who rarely use get gems. Also ones who have bought gems dont get them!! Sometimes gems pop up when i open then almost immediately say "rest. out of sync" and bam, Gone!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by addykatt70 View Post
    Hi teaspoons, I've stayed with founders and I'm bored out of my mind. Are you saying I should switch back to the basic RS??
    Hi addykatt70: there are no features in the original that will make it more interesting. If you're bored, this may not be the game for you--RS2, if you haven't tried that, is more of a time management game, maybe that's more your thing? If you do want to stick with this game though, I recommend installing basic RS just to see if you can get free gems there that you didn’t get in the version you're playing now.

Also, if you never have, download the other versions of RS available in the playstore. Each one of them offers a few extra decorations and either appliances or recipes on the basic appliances.

Quote Originally Posted by kimtoos View Post
    I get the video screen box that says free gems on the top, I have Never received any gems. Sometimes it will say free gems in x hours, nada. But I have heard same, that nbrs who rarely use get gems. Also ones who have bought gems dont get them!! Sometimes gems pop up when i open then almost immediately say "rest. out of sync" and bam, Gone!
    I had a lot of trouble with playing videos before. Some played the video, then got stuck and I never got the gem, sometimes the video never loaded, etc. Fortunately it's been relatively stable for me lately. I still sometimes get a video that won't play, and sometimes even have to force quit, but if it happens 3 times in a row I just leave it alone for a while. Eventually it works again.

None of which helps you, unfortunately. If you can, see if you can log into your game from a different device, maybe if it's a different version of android it would work better? Won't help for your daily playing, but at least you'd know.
    Last edited by twospoons; 03-13-18 at 08:31 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by mogglo View Post
    This was quite an astute observation. I started playing in May 2016, and I've been using the Founders version since it was launched in February 2017. I have one main restaurant, which I log into multiple times a day. I have nine extra restaurants, which I only log into once per day. I have never had the "videos for gems (VFG)" or "videos for shorter cook times(VFC)" features in any of my restaurants.

After reading your post, I downloaded the basic RS on my phone on Sunday, and logged into the nine extra restaurants. Two of them had the VFG feature, and one had the VFC enabled. My main restaurant had nothing new. On Monday, I download the basic RS on my tablet, and the VFG icon eventually appeared in all of my nine extras. My main restaurant? Nada.

Even though the VFG feature is now accessible, I find it very unreliable. On several occasions, I played 4-5 videos, and was awarded the gems, only to have the "out of sync" message appear, after which the "free" gems disappeared. On another occasion, I played 20 videos between 2 accounts, but was awarded 17 gems total. So for now, I'm leaving that icon alone, as it's a waste of time to play videos, and have the gems taken back when the restaurant syncs with the server.

I do wonder, though, how random this feature really is. It's enabled in the 9 barely used restaurants. I don't do goals in these. Each has only 9 neighbours - the other 8 extras and my main account. The walls are practically bare, as visits from other players are rare. I log in only once per day, and spend less than 3 minutes in each. Yet, in my main restaurant that's very active, I get nothing.
    Ah, too bad. Even if the gems were perfectly awarded, getting them in restaurants you don't actually care about is no good. I spend less time in my secondary places, but I do have neighbors and keep them decorated and at least sort of work on goals, so the gems are useful in mine.

But I'm with you that main restaurant gems would be better. If I had known that buying gems takes you off the free offers list, I never would have. But I did, before the video feature was even a thing. Who knew?