View Poll Results: Did you like this event? Which prizes did you like?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like this event

43 71.67%
  • I didn't like this event

7 11.67%
  • I started but I couldn't finish

11 18.33%
  • I didn't participate

1 1.67%
  • Celtic Kite

20 33.33%
  • Limerick Chick

23 38.33%
  • Spring Equifox

48 80.00%
  • Irish Setter

33 55.00%
  • Shamrock Steed

28 46.67%
  • Shamrock stone

0 0%
  • Clover Clearing

22 36.67%
  • I didn't like the prizes

2 3.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LEADERBOARD: Gaelic Gala - 2018 Mar 9 (POLL ADDED)

Quote Originally Posted by Sakrysta View Post
    I always wait until the end before boosting. Sometimes it's not worth spending the gems because others have gone crazy early in the event. I never know until the end if I'm going to have enough food to make a boost worthwhile. I just plant like I always do, breed, hatch and evolve as much as possible, feed only as much as necessary to keep the evolution flower busy, and see where I stand in the last few hours. If it looks doable (and sometimes I actually do the math), I boost and go for it.

Unfortunately, I've had a couple of close calls lately that have depleted my food stores, especially for Sakrysta. If that group gets ambitious this time, I probably won't spend the food & gems, even though first prize is REALLY pretty and I REALLY REALLY want it.
    Me too. I’ll wait until I have a huge chunk of food (I’m at 140k now) and animals ready in breeding, hatching, and evolution, and wheel ready to spin. But, since I worry about not having enough food for the storybook, I usually do it a few days before the end, so I’ll end the event with some food. Then if I need another boost to hit 7200 and decide that I want to do so, I can use it with the food I built up over those few days. I always do the math first to determine if it’s worth it and will actually get me what I need (ie my current 140k food is 700 points x 1.5 = 1125 points, plus hatching points, etc.)

Executive Chef
    Irish Setter 8 hours hatching.

*Food Schedule D*
    Last edited by AppieP; 03-17-18 at 09:35 AM.
    I'm only playing FFS.
    My forest name = Dragon Pool.

Crystal Unicorn @03-2017
    2nd; Sapphire Sphinx @05-17
    3th; Garnet Griffin @08-17
    4th; Pearl Peryton @10-17
    5th; Emerald Dragon @05-18
    6th; Spinel Ravenstag @06-18
    7th; Ruby Razorback @09-18
    8th; Jasper Dragon @03-19
    9th; Obsidian Cyclops @03-19
    10th; Sapphire Cthulhu @06-19
    11th; Valkyrie @08-19
    12th; Topaz Tiger @10-19
    13th; Granite Golem @12-19
    14th; Onyx Direwolf @01-20
    15th; Peridot Phoenix @02-20

Fashion Designer
    I'm in the craziest LB group I've ever been in. Can't wait to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Callyvitale19 View Post
    I'm in the craziest LB group I've ever been in. Can't wait to see what happens.
    Alright... I'm intrigued! I need to know how this goes! KMU.

Fashion Designer
    Ahh the longest 13hrs of my life it seems! fingers crossed to not being dethroned anytime before then, i never win these or even try and want this one so bad! And im so close! After wasting 100gems on food i didnt need after a glitchy frozen screen i guess i can put it to use if needed.. heres to some some good juju for once!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by miadoubled View Post
    Ahh the longest 13hrs of my life it seems! fingers crossed to not being dethroned anytime before then, i never win these or even try and want this one so bad! And im so close! After wasting 100gems on food i didnt need after a glitchy frozen screen i guess i can put it to use if needed.. heres to some some good juju for once!
    good luck

Rhino Keeper
    I am done with storm 8 and this game. leaderboards are the worst thing they have come up with and are really unfair as only a few get to have the prize.The other events are bad too as it is impossible to win anything in this game. I am sick of missing out. I can't out spend the gem spenders and never have a chance.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by sandygin View Post
    I am done with storm 8 and this game. leaderboards are the worst thing they have come up with and are really unfair as only a few get to have the prize.The other events are bad too as it is impossible to win anything in this game. I am sick of missing out. I can't out spend the gem spenders and never have a chance.
    I agree to a point. If you get into a group who constantly buy boosts and have to out do each other from day one it definitely becomes rediculous and kind of childish in my opinion because they usually end up with a sniper who takes it in the end. Those people just run it up and S8 is the winner but if you're lucky enough to get in a group where they just play the game, which is the sensible way to play, then you have a chance at the end even if you have to use some gems and food. Good luck
    Last edited by Callyvitale19; 03-19-18 at 12:09 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Leaderboards are the one event where I think the players have the most control. Yes, it may be that the other players in your group are super determined, but at least you're not fighting the increasingly difficult odds set behind the scenes of the game. While it IS disappointing when I end up in a group that goes crazy with boosting & gem spending, at least they are playing the game on their own terms. Whereas when we have events and goals that require us to breed animals that never breed, or win tournaments that are unreasonably difficult, or earn so many tokens that it's impossible to complete without a ridiculous outlay of funds - yeah, those events are the ones that are really starting to bother me.

At least in the Leaderboard I'm competing against other players, not spinning my wheels against the game itself.
    Primary FFS Account - Persepheny
    Secondary FFS Account - Sakrysta
    Tertiary FFS Account - MenollyPiper
    Post containing my battle strengths list: Testing & Results Post #136 - Last updated: 2019-04-22

Farm Supplier
    Can we stop making the events so ridiculously impossible to even complete the goals without spending hundreds of gems? You're not making me more inclined to buy gems. just less and less interested in playing the game at all.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast